Do the preparation task first. Then read the text and tips and do the exercises.
We have a team meeting in Room 310 on Friday 26 November at 11 a.m. We are expecting 25 members of our international team there.
- Could you please book the room for us?
- Would you please prepare 25 pens and notepads for the meeting?
- Also, can you write an email to the team members to tell them the time and place of the meeting?
Thanks very much for your help. If you have any questions about this just let me know – I'll be in the office tomorrow morning.
1. You can start a note with just the name of the person you are writing to or Hi ... . You don’t need to use Dear … .
2. Make sure dates are very clear. Include the day, date and time.
3. Explain the reason for the instructions.
4. Write clear and polite instructions. Use phrases like Can / Could / Would you please … ?
5. At the end offer the chance to ask questions and check the instructions.
6. Finish the note with Best, or Thanks, and then your name underneath.