Air travel

Do the exercises to improve your vocabulary for air travel.

Are you ready to take your vocabulary to the next level?

B1 English level (intermediate)

Submitted by Luiscarza on Mon, 26/09/2022 - 23:14

I've traveled by plane many times in the past. The last trip was from Cancun, in México, to Montreal, in Canada.
I don't like to flight, but there is no other way to do this trip in 4 hours : )

Submitted by Khine Suu on Sun, 25/09/2022 - 17:22

I've never travelled by plane. I think travelling by plane and looking at the beautiful sky is the best feeling ever. I wish I could travel at once.

Submitted by Anabarrera on Thu, 22/09/2022 - 01:17

Yes I have a travel by plane when I was a child, the first time that I did, and I think that I have more memories is when me and my family went to the beach.

The longest fly that I had taken could be to the US, I went to california.

Submitted by yessyverts on Tue, 20/09/2022 - 03:46

i never travel by plane, wish i could do that soon.

Submitted by balicathy on Mon, 19/09/2022 - 00:46

i have travelled many times by plane and my latest one was 2 months ago to Dubai by an amazing airlines company.

Submitted by JasmineHasmik on Sun, 18/09/2022 - 22:12

Hi.I'm from Armenia. I have traveled by plane to Lebanon many times and started living there and have traveled to Egypt with my gusband and son twice for summer vocation.I like travelling but I don't like travelling by plane.It make me headake and different emotion that i don't like. It takes only 2-3 hours,but it is enough for boring. But I like sunrise from the window of plane.It's something magical.

Submitted by diah_dewi on Thu, 15/09/2022 - 09:20

I never traveled by plane. It is still my dream until now.

Submitted by Anvi on Fri, 09/09/2022 - 12:36

The last time I took a plane it was to my destination of Cyprus, where I'm currently studying. It was the first time I took the plane. There was so much information to process around me I couldn't remember everything. But I can say it was an interesting experience and I would like to travel more in the near future because we also meet fantastic people.

Submitted by ptngiau on Tue, 06/09/2022 - 04:04

I have never traveled by air...

Submitted by ptngiau on Wed, 07/09/2022 - 09:39

In reply to by harrytai456

'No star where', many people do so... :)

Submitted by victor1980bcn on Sun, 04/09/2022 - 15:30

Hello,
Yes, I have travelled by air, by plane, more than one time.
I have flighted to Mallorca, Paris, Strasburg and Brazil.
I've been there several times and every flight took about twelve hours! I remembre all the passengers spent time differently (reading, listening to music, speaking, sleeping...) and that we were very happy once the plane arrived. Even some people prayed to thank the arrival!

Submitted by esraaabdElmaksoud on Tue, 23/08/2022 - 21:47

I never travel on plane because I never Traver out of my country I hope travel around the world one day

I have never travel on a plane before because I never travel out of my country. I hope to travel around the world someday

Submitted by thuzarnwe28 on Fri, 19/08/2022 - 08:19

Yes, I have travelled to China and local places by air. The longest flight is China trip.

Submitted by Thi Linh Do on Fri, 19/08/2022 - 07:06

I have travelled by air several times from Vietnam to Australia. It was also the longest flight I have taken. I came to Australia to study and work. Every year, I try to book a trip back to Vietnam to visit my family.

Submitted by greenyk on Tue, 16/08/2022 - 09:53

OMG there are lots of comment related to never travel by plane, ı'm really wonderng where do you living? please tell me. Actually ı live in TR and todays the plane is so expensive!

Submitted by rakib770 on Sun, 14/08/2022 - 04:34

I never travel by a plane. I live in a small town. Travelling by plane is expensive in my country yet. I wish to fly, but I don't get opportunity.

I have traveled by plane at once in my life. I went to Cambodia from Yangon with my team to compete for Asean Game. Travel by plane is very nice experience and try my friend.

Submitted by Caroline Forbs on Sat, 13/08/2022 - 16:28

I have never travelled by Air!
It still one of my dreams. I hope it will happen soon :)

Submitted by Mary Margret on Thu, 11/08/2022 - 05:27

I haven't travelled by air yet but I wish I can go one day

Submitted by Kinmov on Mon, 08/08/2022 - 16:24

I have traveled by plane it is exciting.

Submitted by voznesenska on Fri, 05/08/2022 - 13:36

Yes, I have travelled by air a lot of time. I like travell by plane. My the longest flight had been in 2014 to Washington. It took 9 hours

Submitted by Fadiazzam on Mon, 25/07/2022 - 21:07

I have never travel by air but I try to travel to USA , I think to travel to USA by plane will take a long time

I have never travelled by air.That's why my family can't afford.I really wanna travel to the Australia.I'm going to go to attend to the Australia.So, I'm exiciting during these days.

Submitted by proshkinadezhda on Sat, 23/07/2022 - 11:00

Hello!
Why does duty-free belong to Things in both an airport and a plane? Is there any mistake?

Hello proshkinadezhda,

Duty-free shopping is often available in both airports and on international flights, or at least it was last time I flew. This is why it belongs in that group.

Submitted by Nikki6460 on Fri, 01/07/2022 - 17:20

Yes, I have travelled by plane many times. The longest flight was from Tehran to Kualalampur which lasted for seven hours. I had business seat so I didn't become tired.

Submitted by lufegaba on Wed, 22/06/2022 - 22:15

I'm afraid I have no travelled by air yet. I have only gone to airport to see someone off or to welcome other one.

Submitted by Jeedapa on Sun, 12/06/2022 - 04:43

I've traveled by plane many times. However, they are domestic flights, so the longest flight that I've ever taken is only 2 hours long.

Submitted by abdelkerim khalid1 on Sun, 05/06/2022 - 13:07

Yes I did travel by air. My longest flight was from Istanbul to Nairobi in 2019. Before boarding on the plane I had expended some times in the duty free as I came earlier in the airport that day. It took us almost 7 long hours to reach our destination, fortunately the journey was pleasant as the hostesses were extremely kind and both meals were tasty.

Submitted by redragons0 on Tue, 31/05/2022 - 08:53

I hate traveling by plane.Come over the airplane wait for check in and everywhere has queve then wait for gate and due to my height i can't fit in the plane seat.

Submitted by federerx on Fri, 27/05/2022 - 01:18

i have never go to foreign country by air.

Well I love flying to travel long distances. It's fast and pretty cheap. For another transport service - a ship for example, or the train - is much more expensive.

Submitted by EMF_12 on Wed, 25/05/2022 - 22:46

A couple of years ago, I went to the United States of America, specifically, to Green Bay, Wisconsin. First of all, I had to get a plane from Arequipa to Lima, then to Houston, and finally, to my destiny. All of that, take me approximately 12 hours, considering the fact I waited for the departure of my flights at the airport of Lima and Houston. But, otherwise, it was a great experience seeing for the first time new places.

That's the reason because I choose a flight to one of the bigger cities. You can fly direct and enjoy a shorter traveling time. After a one or two-day city sightseeing I rent a car and start a roadtrip to the destinations on my bucketlist.

Submitted by pancho_jara on Tue, 24/05/2022 - 03:29

I have travelled by plane many times, but I always remember one special trip, from Shanghai to Santiago of Chile, were roughly 28 hours of fly due to transfer, first leg was Shanghai to San Francisco,USA, second leg to Miami and finally the third leg to Santiago, it was very very tiring, because one thing was the fly and the another was the change of hours zone, Chile have a difference of 12 hours with China.

Submitted by Yama on Thu, 12/05/2022 - 13:25

Yes. I have been to Taiwan by plane.
This was my first time to travel abroad so I was nervous even at the check-in desk and the gate at the airport.
However, I could enjoy the meal of the plane and waching some animes on a small TV.
The trip itself was awesome but I wish I'd have brought a carry back as I had a big hand bag, which was uncomfortable.

Submitted by srey765 on Tue, 10/05/2022 - 01:24

I traveled too many times by plane, but the longest trip was from Panama to Rio de Janeiro. It took about 8 hours through Colombia and Amazonas.

Submitted by srey765 on Tue, 10/05/2022 - 01:21

I traveled by plane many times, but one is special for me because it was to Rio de Janeiro and that is my favourite travel in all my life.

Submitted by valrock on Mon, 09/05/2022 - 00:07

i work in an airport and this vocabulary was easy for me

Submitted by hanaa gomaa hussein on Sat, 07/05/2022 - 01:58

I did not travel by plane ever,
I wish I could travel by plane one day.

Submitted by Osos on Fri, 06/05/2022 - 02:13

Yes, I have traveled two times, Sudan and Kuwait. It was amazing journey due to it was the first time to travel by plane and the longest one is Kuwait because it took more than three hours but Sudan took 2 hours only.
I forgot to tell you that the two travels were business travel.
I wish to travel again, but this time to Europe or USA to explore the world.
Please I appreciate your feedback about my writing.

Submitted by matteo.carmignani on Thu, 21/04/2022 - 18:33

I like traveling by plane very much, above all if it is a business journey. To flight is so comfortable, rapid and secure, moreover you can listen to music, watch a film, sleep or work during the flight. The only negative aspect is that you are off-line thus disconnected from the rest of world....but maybe it isn't a disadvantage at the end....