A flyer for a gym

Read a flyer promoting a new gym to practise and improve your reading skills.

Do the preparation task first. Then read the text and do the exercises.

Reading text

Best Body Fitness

About us

You don't want just a gym membership. You want a membership that means something. And that means you need support, expert help and a community.

Best Body Fitness isn't just a gym: it's a full-service fitness membership made for you.

Here's how it works:

STEP ONE: Your assessment

We begin with an assessment session. This is a chance for you to see what we do at Best Body. Our assessment plans are no-cost and no-risk. We'll also make a training plan specifically for you.

STEP TWO: Your training

When you decide to become a Best Body member, we show you what to do, how to do it and why you are doing it. After a few sessions with an expert private trainer you will feel comfortable working out on your own. But don't worry, we'll always be nearby if you have questions.

STEP THREE: Your membership

Membership works on a month-to-month basis. There are no sign-up fees and no cancellation fees. Start and stop whenever you want. And the best part? Our fees are the most competitive in the whole downtown area.

STEP FOUR: Your community

At Best Body Fitness, we see everyone as part of a big team. And when you work with a team, you can do great things. Join any of our specialised classes, led by expert instructors. Come to our nutrition classes. Participate in our regular social events. Everything is included in your fee.

Finally, we wanted to share with you some reasons why our members say that they have chosen us over any other fitness centre in the city.

It's so EASY

• Easy to start, stop, cancel or refund a membership
  • Easy to access – we're open 24/7, we never close
  • Easy to do exercise – we have lots of equipment, no long wait
  • Easy results – our trainers and equipment give you success, fast
  • Easy to find – in the centre of town, near public transport and with parking

It's WONDERFUL

• Wonderful members
  • Wonderful trainers and staff
  • Wonderful equipment
  • Wonderful energy
  • Wonderful location

Come and visit us for a personal tour!

Do you need to improve your English reading skills?

B1 English level (intermediate)

Submitted by Chelseali on Fri, 30/09/2022 - 20:51

For me, my favorite part is all the classes, like yoga, cross training, bike and so on, because I prefer workout within a team, when everyone works together, we can encourage each other, this competition really works on me.

Submitted by AlexandraMT on Sun, 25/09/2022 - 12:33

I would like the gym had many equipment and not have to wait for them

me too, but I Don't have any jam nearby my home so I Do all my exercises alone.I Don't have someone to encourage me

Submitted by _Khrystyna_Paprotska on Mon, 19/09/2022 - 15:28

I have never attended gyms yet. I have no idea what I would love to do there. However, I watch many videos about people's gym training. To be honest, I get satisfied with it. I hope, I will engoy doing exersises there

Submitted by irving.oli on Thu, 25/08/2022 - 20:43

When i go to gym i like to do excercise when there is not many people. in addition i like listening to the music in the gym, it makes me feel more inspired

Submitted by majooooxdd on Wed, 24/08/2022 - 22:30

I have been training in my home for two years but I start go to the gym 2 months ago and the most thing that I like for the gym is the area where are the machines to do cardio because I'm so lazy for do cardio for myself and I love the crossfit area

Submitted by Zinoun on Sun, 21/08/2022 - 11:22

I am happy that i can understand and answer the question's

Submitted by sanamshrestha2 on Sat, 13/08/2022 - 22:59

I've never been to a gym. Although I feel, fitness is an essential part of our life.

Submitted by Nandar Su Hlaing on Tue, 09/08/2022 - 13:56

I don't like a gym that much. I think I was unlucky at that time. Gym trainer only care a member for the first day. Later, you can do any equipment as you like. They are not interested to train or how to use equipment. They only care a person who hire the personal trainer at that gym.

Submitted by Saba2008 on Tue, 26/07/2022 - 22:38

I hope there should be a gym like this. every gym needs to have a good eqiupments and stuff, that makes like a community gym.

Submitted by Alegpl on Sat, 09/07/2022 - 19:04

Really cool to know about other people's preferences about gyms! If I had to choose something specific from a gym to say it's a good one, it would be a specific training plan for each member. Thank you

Submitted by khalid muhammed on Tue, 28/06/2022 - 10:13

For me what I like most about going to the gym other than gaining muscle and keeping my body healthy is it gives me the energy and motivates me to do my homework during the day, it keeps me away from laziness and procrastination.
so yeah I love going to the gym.

Submitted by Kotan6 on Wed, 15/06/2022 - 07:41

Hi. I have qustion about Task 1
7. The gym is open at 4 o'clock in the morning...
When a choose FALSE - answer wrong.
But. In the text
Easy to access – we're open 24/7, we never close. ?

Hello Kotan6,

If the gym is open '24/7', this means it is open 24 hours per day 7 days a week. This means it never closes.

Therefore the gym is open at 4 o'clock in the morning, which means the correct answer is True.

Does that make sense?

Hi Kotan6, I thought the same as you, but the question is still correct, that is, it is open at 4 am. But I agree that it generates more than one interpretation.

Sometimes we are surprized by content as we have no idea what is talking about. In the capital city where I live, there rarely are a gym that is open like 24/7, so at the first glance, we consider it as a false sentence. Because we've already know there is no gym that is open after 12:00 PM.
It has happend to me a billion of times. :D

Submitted by AngDor on Wed, 08/06/2022 - 03:37

I love chest days and arms days, those days are the ones a enjoyed the most, leg days are the least favorite because is when i get really tired

Submitted by EMF_12 on Mon, 30/05/2022 - 23:45

The best part of going to the gym is maintaining healthy myself and fitness. But, to choose a membership, I consider the treatment with the client and the equipment they have. Also, I like seeing some programs that include dancing.

Submitted by jyoti Chaudhary on Sun, 29/05/2022 - 12:32

What would you like most in a gym?

I would like to use different equipment and I love to fit my body and brain. I did gym when I was 24years old and at that time my weight was 40kg and I was thinking about the gym and I went to the gym or done hard work then I was getting fit body wth in 6month,

I mostly like to join a program such as dancing. It is good exercise for relaxing, especially under the pressure.

Submitted by Van wong on Mon, 23/05/2022 - 08:56

The thing I like most about a gym is that I want to gain muscle in my body. Therefore, I work hand doing exercises on equipment to accomplish that goal.

Submitted by Arslan on Mon, 16/05/2022 - 03:14

What I like about being able to train in a gym is that you become more motivated when you see other people working hard and trying their best to make a change to their bodies .

Submitted by nadyanightingale on Sun, 08/05/2022 - 13:07

I a gym I mostly like that I can work out on my own at any time. I can also switch off from my parental leave and do something good for my body. My gym is very similar to the gym described in this text. The most practical point here is that the gym is open 24/7 and they also have live courses like zumba, six pack training, yoga or pilates.

Submitted by saroja2275 on Wed, 04/05/2022 - 05:07

I don't like to do exercise in gym. I likes to do yoga in studio. Where I can listen to music while doing yoga and its calm me down. Yoga also cure my back pain that I had for sometimes. I think everyone should do yoga to stay healthy.

Yes, yoga is one of the best physical therapy to relieve pain, especially in the low back, neck, and shoulders, it helps to decrease muscle stiffness and improve your flexibility.
Many psychological specialists recommend doing yoga to make you relax and clear your thoughts.

Submitted by qwertyzxcwasd1234 on Fri, 15/04/2022 - 15:42

Most of all I like that I can do my training on my own, without an instructor and I also like that I can come there whenever I want.

Submitted by enas alashram on Fri, 08/04/2022 - 08:04

what i like at that fitness center is opened around the o'clock that offer more chance to coordinate between our work time and training time this is good to practice commitments

Submitted by Marco Aurélio … on Tue, 05/04/2022 - 21:37

I could consider 3 main points: 1. the instructor needs to be nearby because I feel confident and stimulated; 2. relation benefits and costs must be positive, and to have quality with a good price, and finally 3. it is important modern equipment.

Submitted by Flo77 on Wed, 16/03/2022 - 13:42

It's really important for me to have a trainer to show me exercises for reaching my goals.
I find usully there to many people in the most of gym ;)

Submitted by Laxsus on Thu, 10/03/2022 - 23:12

I care mostly about the atmosphere of gym and the vibes in the area, besides the decoration and the light system not just the equipment and the staff .

Submitted by mdiaz on Sat, 05/03/2022 - 11:18

What would you like most in a gym? about this question i would like to say its very important for me to have a trainer to do the exercises and also its very important to have a nutrition plan to reach my goals.

Submitted by Khandaa_14 on Sun, 13/02/2022 - 14:47

why I like to go to the gym is convenient, clean and that have lots of equipment and expert instructors. Otherwise, I have expert body doctors and new opportunities to develop the community and myself. That is why I choose the gym.

Submitted by Andy_Palma03 on Fri, 11/02/2022 - 20:36

What I would like the most in gym is an instructor who would be patient with you , that can't put you so much pressure and gives you exercises according to your metabolism.

Submitted by rora on Fri, 07/01/2022 - 15:33

the suitable plan of training .. co-operative instructor & good price

Submitted by Stela Stoycheva on Tue, 16/11/2021 - 21:50

I would like to be clean and smell nice and maybe training, nutrition classes which are included in monthly fee.

Submitted by thakkar.ruchi01 on Fri, 05/11/2021 - 11:43

Firstly gym offers assessment plans at no cost with a training plan, which is the most important step before starting the gym. Secondly, the membership includes sessions from expert private trainers, specialized classes, and nutrition classes. And lastly, it is open 24/7 and has no cancellation charges for ending a membership.

Submitted by LamVanPhuong on Mon, 01/11/2021 - 13:47

in a best gym is must be have the modern equipments and nice staff.

Submitted by Momocompanyman on Mon, 25/10/2021 - 11:41

Hello ,
I can't see the opening time in the flyer Best body fitness regarding the question below:
7. The gym is open at 4 o'clock in the morning.
Best wishes.

Hi Momocompanyman,

In the 'It's so EASY' section, it says 'we're open 24/7, we never close'. So, the gym is open at that time.

Best wishes to you as well :)

Jonathan

Hi dmk.od and all,

I just wanted to explain more to try to help you see why the correct answer is true :)

These two sentences do not mean the same thing:
1. The gym OPENS at 4 o'clock.
2. The gym IS OPEN at 4 o'clock.

Sentence 1 means the gym STARTS to be open at that time. It means that before 4 o'clock, it is closed.

Sentence 2 is a state, not an action. It means that at 4 o'clock, the gym is open, not closed. But it doesn't mean that it STARTED to be open at 4 o'clock. It does not tell us what time the gym started to be open.

To put it another way, for example, if a shop OPENS at 9:00 (i.e., it starts doing business at that time), then it IS OPEN at 9:01, 9:02, 10:00 and every moment until the closing time.

So when question 7 says "The gym is open at 4 o'clock", it is indeed true (because the poster says "we're open 24/7, we never close"). The question is asking whether at that time, the gym is open or closed. It's not asking about the opening time.

I hope that helps.

Jonathan

Submitted by Momocompanyman on Mon, 25/10/2021 - 11:38

I like equipment and meet members to work out together.

Submitted by Dolka on Wed, 20/10/2021 - 17:02

What I like most about a gym is that it offers people convenient terms for working out in any weather condition for a reasonable fee.

Submitted by Suraj paliwal on Sun, 17/10/2021 - 06:58

The gym should open 24/7. It's have a good instructor. Not wait in the gym. Have nutrition plan.