A text message invitation

A text message invitation

Learn how to write a text message invitation to a friend.

Preparation

Reading text
Sandra
online

Hey! Want to meet for a drink after work?

14:16

Cool, what time do you finish?

14:21

Late as always crying

14:22

Me too. Msg me when you leave

14:22

OK. Where do you want to go?

14:23

IDK. I might be hungry tho

14:24

Good point.

14:25

I'll think of somewhere to eat.

14:25

I know what you're like when you're hungry! wink

14:27

LOL, I'm not that bad!

14:31

Don't worry. We can meet at the bus stop and decide then.

14:31

yes See you later

14:32

Tips

1. You don't need to write complete sentences.
  2. You can use abbreviations like LOL (= laugh out loud) or IDK (= I don't know) to save time.
  3. Use emojis smiley to add feelings.
  4. You don't need to use full stops (.) at the end of messages.

Task 1

Task 2

Task 3

Topics

Average: 4.2 (17 votes)

Submitted by kitalphar on Sat, 14/01/2023 - 17:31

I prefer write messages to make a plan

Submitted by Ndrkdbrgnv on Sun, 08/01/2023 - 12:55

I prefer to send a lot of messages to my friends to plan our meeting. Because we're all so busy. We have a shared chat where we can schedule our meetings. After we plan the meeting we'll meet.

Submitted by Alaaseada on Sat, 07/01/2023 - 09:45

I am a texting person; I don't like to making phone calls as long as there is no emergency, LOL. I think I prefer texting to phone calls because it is something that I can manage. For example, if I called a talkative friend, he/she might talk for nearly an hour which it a kinda waste of time :D. On the contrary, if they send the whole conversation as a message, I won't read it or at least I will read it when I have enough time to do. I feel like a bit mean but anyways that's it :D.

Submitted by Isfily on Thu, 05/01/2023 - 17:54

I'd rather speak to them to make plans, but I often send messages to remind them of our projects.

Submitted by VoChuy on Thu, 05/01/2023 - 09:34

I prefer to speak to my friends to make plans.

Submitted by ImanJabbour on Tue, 03/01/2023 - 00:19

Since we started using the WhatsApp, text messages became an elementary tool for communication with friends. Usually, if I feel that the conversation is a small one, I prefer to send text messages. But if the conversation involves discussions, I prefer to speak on phone then

Submitted by Mihaela123 on Mon, 19/12/2022 - 08:42

I usually prefer to send text messages because i don't know if the person is availeble for a phone call. However, sending audio masseges or making a phone call is often quicker than texting.

Submitted by Gunveen Kour on Thu, 08/12/2022 - 06:43

yes the best way of conversation

Submitted by Shotaro on Tue, 29/11/2022 - 08:15

i prefer send a lot message to my friend. Just need 5 minutes to waiting my friends to reply my text. After 5 minutes she doesn't reply my text, I will call her.

Submitted by hiepdang92 on Wed, 16/11/2022 - 01:45

Actually i often send messgage with my friend everyday , because we are both busy weekly and when i send msg to my friend by phone , i can use emojis on apps and use funny picture on our conservation. But i prefer call or speak than send msg to my colleague or my boss , because it doesnt spend time much.