An airport notice

An airport notice

Read a notice at the airport and answer the questions to practise reading important information.

Do the preparation task first. Then read the text and do the exercises.

Preparation

Reading text

What can I take on the plane as hand luggage?

Please note that passengers can only take ONE suitcase onto the plane. It must be no bigger than 55cm x 22cm x 35cm and weigh no more than 10kg.

You can also take one small laptop bag or handbag that can fit under the seat in front of you. If you have two bags, their total weight cannot be more than 10kg. If your bag is too big or too heavy, you will not be allowed to take it onto the plane. Staff will put it in the hold for you and you will have to pay extra.

Please make sure mobile phones and other devices are fully charged so that security staff can check them.

Liquids in bottles bigger than 100ml are allowed on board if you buy them in the airport shops after you've passed security.

We hope you enjoy your flight!

Average: 4.3 (49 votes)
Profile picture for user Jetzabel

Submitted by Jetzabel on Thu, 25/04/2024 - 15:08

Do you like to fly with only hand luggage?

I have not traveled by plane but it would be nice to travel with only hand luggage because it would be lighter and more comfortable during the whole trip.

Submitted by prostars on Thu, 25/04/2024 - 05:03

I have never traveled by plane and have no plans to do so soon, however I think it is better to travel only with hand luggage as it costs you less money and you feel more comfortable, you waste less time and you avoid problems that may arise.

Submitted by CoderDream on Mon, 25/03/2024 - 05:04

Where is the Worksheet? I want to download it, thanks.

Submitted by d.aldaye on Wed, 13/03/2024 - 11:20

Yes, surely. One luggage is too enough to put in your laptop, headphones, some clothes. The more your bags getting light, the more your flight would be comfortable.

Submitted by cuongnc8 on Sun, 10/03/2024 - 08:17

When I traveling solo, I prefer flying with just carry-on luggage because I appreciate simplicity. However, when I traveling with my family, which include two kids, we require additional luggage to accomodate all the the necessary items, making checked baggage a necessity

Submitted by Loly on Sat, 09/03/2024 - 07:48

I have never been abroad but I have tried plane
 The duration of the flight was 40 minutes so I did not have much time to see anything

Submitted by Nadiїka on Mon, 26/02/2024 - 09:53

Yes, I like it. This makes it possible to be mobile not only at airports but throughout the entire trip.

Submitted by DigitalDragon on Tue, 13/02/2024 - 09:48

Yes, I like to fly with only hand luggage because I often travel light.

Profile picture for user Ahmeddeda77

Submitted by Ahmeddeda77 on Sat, 27/01/2024 - 12:14

Yes, I do. I like to hold my handbag and my laptop.