A text message invitation

A text message invitation

Learn how to write a text message invitation to a friend.

Preparation

Reading text
Sandra
online

Hey! Want to meet for a drink after work?

14:16

Cool, what time do you finish?

14:21

Late as always crying

14:22

Me too. Msg me when you leave

14:22

OK. Where do you want to go?

14:23

IDK. I might be hungry tho

14:24

Good point.

14:25

I'll think of somewhere to eat.

14:25

I know what you're like when you're hungry! wink

14:27

LOL, I'm not that bad!

14:31

Don't worry. We can meet at the bus stop and decide then.

14:31

yes See you later

14:32

Tips

1. You don't need to write complete sentences.
  2. You can use abbreviations like LOL (= laugh out loud) or IDK (= I don't know) to save time.
  3. Use emojis smiley to add feelings.
  4. You don't need to use full stops (.) at the end of messages.

Task 1

Task 2

Task 3

Topics

Average: 4.3 (16 votes)

Submitted by Anna1303 on Fri, 03/05/2024 - 10:04

both actually. sometime i'll send a text message to my friend  if it's just a hang out. but if we're going to plan for a trip, we will make a meeting and speak to each other about it.

Submitted by Dania.w.r on Thu, 18/04/2024 - 17:34

Well, It depends on my mood hahaha. However, most of the time when we're in the first stage which is the planning I prefer to speak, and finally when we agree we star to message each other.

Submitted by jmajo on Thu, 14/03/2024 - 13:35

Well, I usually prefer to speak directly in person or by phone to make plans with friends,
but sometimes I make plans using text messages when I chat with a group of several friends
at the same time though.

Thanks for the lesson.

Great site!

Profile picture for user davevud

Submitted by davevud on Tue, 20/02/2024 - 09:31

Do you send lots of text messages or do you prefer to speak to friends to make plans?

I love to send messages rather than speak to friends as I can use a lot of emojis and funny things as well. Moreover, it is also cost saving too. However, sometimes, if we make a plan to go for a trip, then speaking to friends on phones will be much easier.

Submitted by nooraldeen mustafa on Sun, 18/02/2024 - 20:21

the main point when writing the message to my friends, is that I prefer to make it more understandable and conspicuous

Profile picture for user Lourdes_BL

Submitted by Lourdes_BL on Fri, 16/02/2024 - 01:30

I prefer to send messages, as I can send emojis and photos. Furthermore, it's more practical.

Submitted by Sindi on Fri, 09/02/2024 - 05:39

I prefer to send messages and plan a place to meet and chat. It's easy to know if they can meet or not.

Submitted by anhteeny96 on Tue, 06/02/2024 - 04:08

I prefer to speak to friends to make plans. Because we can easily gather ideas and make the decision instead of texting each other, it will take a lot of time, and not anyone will have free time to answer directly.

Profile picture for user Ahmeddeda77

Submitted by Ahmeddeda77 on Sun, 28/01/2024 - 11:24

I prefer to send a message, because I can send emojis and pictures. Also, I can be shorter and more useful.

Profile picture for user Rapanuito

Submitted by Rapanuito on Fri, 26/01/2024 - 15:05

I prefer to speak 📱 because we can agree more easily about what to do or the time that we could meet ⌚ and listen to the voice of my friends with their real emotions; I think it is more interesting and funny sometimes. 😁