Johnny Grammar's Word Challenge

Beat the clock and answer as many spelling, vocabulary and grammar questions as you can in this 60-second quiz! Earn Grammar Guru, Word Wizard and Supreme Speller badges by completing all levels. Beat your score to earn the ultimate Johnny’s Gold badge!

Johnny Grammar’s Word Challenge is a quiz for English learners to test common vocabulary, spelling and grammar that appears in everyday English.

The game features:

• 3 quiz categories – Words, Grammar, Spelling
  • 3 levels - Easy, Medium, Hard
  • 10 common topics to practise vocabulary – Food & Restaurants, Travel, Small Talk, Hobbies etc.
  • 12 grammar topics – Prepositions, Irregular verbs, Conjunctions etc.
  • Earn badges as you play and share with others
  • Compete with other players on a global leaderboard
  • Share your badges with other players on a leaderboard
  • Read the feedback on wrong answers to learn how to improve

If you have any questions or comments, please feel free to leave a comment below.

Go to Google Play

Go to App Store

Submitted by Omidshz on Sun, 31/01/2021 - 13:31

Thank you for your best app, I need to know how did you develop this application?? Did you use react native or it was developed natively?? Thank you

Submitted by Irena1986 on Tue, 14/11/2017 - 19:28

Can I use this game without advertising? Thanks a lot for answer

Submitted by Hussain Aljabouri on Sun, 21/05/2017 - 18:40

Hi, I'm facing an issue with app, Its getting stuck whenever I finish a quiz, when the page "Correct Answers and Feedback" open I can not go further, the app stop responding. Please help!! I'm using iphone 6.

Submitted by harmeetsingh.b… on Mon, 22/05/2017 - 02:46

In reply to by Hussain Aljabouri

Hello there,

Thank you for your comment and we are sorry Johnny Grammar's Word Challenge is not working properly for you. We are aware of this problem and we will be releasing an app update in the coming weeks to fix this issue. Stay tuned for an app update!

If you have any other questions or comments, do let us know!

Harmeet

The LearnEnglish Mobile Team

Submitted by smsmirta on Sat, 20/09/2014 - 19:08

Hi I want to download this application but I can't. I can't see the download part . my android version is 4.0.4. Could you help me .

Submitted by Jasmine Yuen on Sun, 05/10/2014 - 11:52

In reply to by smsmirta

Hi there,

We're sorry you're unable to download the app. What device are you using? Johnny Grammar's Word Challenge is not supported on all Android devices.

Best wishes,

Jasmine
The LearnEnglish Mobile Team

Submitted by laurahurtak on Thu, 03/04/2014 - 03:26

Hi, I downloaded the app but I can´t see the options. My android version is gingerbread and my mobile is a motorola pro.

Hi there,

We're sorry that you're unable to use the app properly on your device.  I'm going to pass your feedback directly to our developers and hopefully they will look into this.  In the meantime, do check out our other apps. Big City Small World is a fun audio drama and you can read along while you listen to the audio.

We hope you continue to enjoy learning English with our apps!

Best wishes,

Jasmine
The LearnEnglish Mobile team

HI there Bobux,

You can download the app through by pressing one of the two black Download buttons, or search "British Council" in your app store.

Download all our apps to practise grammar, vocabulary and listening on your phone!

Best wishes,

Jasmine
The LearnEnglish Mobile team

Submitted by rafagavira on Thu, 20/03/2014 - 11:46

Great Apps! would be great if we could sing in in the apps using the same User as in the learnenglish website or even better if we could login to the apps and website through facebook or google

Submitted by emorbita on Fri, 14/02/2014 - 23:33

Hello, this don't work properly with my samsung gio... I don't see any text option to choose ... :-(

Hi there,

Sorry the app isn't working well on your device.  We will look into this!  In the meantime, please check out all our other apps here: http://learnenglish.britishcouncil.org/en/apps

Best wishes,

Jasmine
The LearnEnglish Mobile team

Submitted by Theresa Andrew on Tue, 15/10/2013 - 10:26

I tried to download but it showed 'invalid server certificate'.

Submitted by In Style on Wed, 06/06/2012 - 15:17