Watch videos and improve English listening skills
Watch natural and authentic conversations in English in this video app, with audioscripts to help you follow along. Each video features:
- an audioscript so you can read along while you listen
- a glossary to help you learn and remember words
- comprehension questions to help check your understanding
- pitch control to slow down the audio.
Learn about UK Culture
Watch 24 videos to learn more about life in the UK. Follow the host Richard around London as he visits Shakespeare’s Globe theatre and Harrods department store. Learn more about the history of the English language and find out more about British entrepreneurs like Richard Branson.
How to use the app
When learning English, practice makes perfect. We recommend you use this app several times a week, listening to the videos repeatedly to keep practising.
Use the app in three stages to maximise progress.
- Watch the videos with the audioscript to follow along as you listen.
- Listen to the audio only with the audioscript to help focus on the words.
- Watch the videos in landscape mode without the audioscript to really test your listening.
Constant practice using the LearnEnglish GREAT Videos app will help you feel more confident listening to native speakers and improve your pronunciation. After using this app, you will understand more when listening to English, such as the videos and podcasts in our LearnEnglish Audio & Video app.
Learn English with the British Council
We are the world’s English experts and we provide English language learning opportunities worldwide. We deliver English lessons in over 80 teaching centres in nearly 50 countries. Our apps are written by English teachers and language experts and offer grammar, vocabulary and listening practice. Check out our other apps and visit our LearnEnglish websites.
The GREAT campaign promotes the UK as a great place to study, visit and do business.