Learn how to write an email to your university professor.
Do the preparation task first. Then read the text and tips and do the exercises.
- Use the person's job title if you don't know their name (e.g. Dear Admissions Tutor, Dear Marketing Manager).
- Start your email by clearly giving your reason for writing. Then you can explain the problem.
- People are busy, so make it short and clear. Just include the most important information.
- If you have a solution to the problem, suggest it and politely ask if it can be done. If you don't, politely request help.
- Finish by thanking the person for their help and offering to discuss the matter further if necessary.
- Regards, (also With regards, Best regards, or Kind regards,) is a more friendly-sounding sign-off than Yours sincerely, but it is still formal.