Do the preparation task first. Then read the text and tips and do the exercises.
- Start with a short profile to show who you are and what you offer.
- List your employment history, starting with the present.
- Explain any gaps, for example time spent travelling or having children.
- Use bullet points for your main responsibilities and experience in each role. Choose the aspects of your previous jobs that are most relevant to the new job you are applying for.
- Then give your educational background. List the relevant qualifications that you have, starting with the most recent. Include the title of your qualification, where you studied and the date you successfully completed it.
- Consider putting Education above Employment if you don't have a lot of work experience yet.
- List other experience or interests you may have if they are relevant to the job.
- If you have someone who could support your application, add their contact details or say References available on request at the end.