Episode 01 - They meet

Julia and Sammy meet in a cycling accident! Then they want the same taxi. Will they get on?

Julia: Hey! You! Watch out!
Sammy: I'm sorry.
Julia: This is a bike path.
Sammy: I'm sorry!
Julia: It's for bikes.
Sammy: I'm sorry.
Julia: It isn't for people.
Sammy: Erm ... sorry?
Julia: People run over there in the park.
Sammy: Oh! Right!
Julia: People don't run here.
Sammy: Erm ... sorry.
Julia: Dangerous.
Sammy: I'm very sorry.

Julia and Sammy: Taxi!
Julia: This is my taxi.
Sammy: No, this is my taxi.
Julia: Look, I ... Oh, it's you!
Sammy: Oh, it's you!
Taxi driver: Where are you going?
Julia and Sammy: To 15 Lancaster Road.
Taxi driver: Lancaster Road. OK, get in.
Julia: Well ...
Sammy: Ladies first!
Julia: Oh, erm ... thanks.

Sammy: Are you going to Tom's party?
Julia: Yes, I am. Are you going, too?
Sammy: Yes, I am. Tom's my friend.
Julia: Tom's my friend, too!
Sammy: I'm Sammy.
Julia: Hi, Sammy. My name's Julia.
Sammy: Hi, Julia. Pleased to meet you.

Task 1: Check your understanding 1

Task 6: 'm not, isn't, aren't 2

GapFillTyping_MTEzMDA=

Task 7: Making sentences

ReorderingHorizontal_MjA2MzU=

Soumis par Santiago Perez le mar 30/11/2021 - 23:30

Permalien

When I knew to my wife, in the university, I thought that she was from chinese, later I found out that she is from Ecuador

Soumis par HassanMuse le ven 22/10/2021 - 15:48

Permalien

My old friend and I met weding cermony after long time, we are from same Holly Quran school.

Soumis par Márcia Cristin… le mer 07/07/2021 - 00:17

Permalien
I met him at a party. And celebrate life until today.

Soumis par Anabel le mer 03/02/2021 - 06:28

Permalien
No, I have not met anyone in an unusual way. I met my husband at an activity at my school, a fundraiser for the graduation of the seniors of that school year.

Soumis par Anabel le mer 03/02/2021 - 06:28

Soumis par May Sabai Phyu le mar 29/12/2020 - 15:31

Permalien
My husband and I are students at the same university. It is the first time to meet each other when my friends and his friends went to a trip together. At the trip, I noticed he often stares to me. It is always the remembering time for my life.

Soumis par AmandaVidal le jeu 10/12/2020 - 02:39

Permalien
Not that I remember. I have a partner. We met at work.

Soumis par Htet Wint Thu Aung le sam 17/10/2020 - 20:16

Permalien
Yes I have. When I start a relation with my boyfriend, I don't want my friends to know. So I didn't tell them anything about him. But after my class in university, I went with my boyfriend to eat something. Unfortunately I met my best friends from university in this restaurant and they don't call me almost two weeks .

Soumis par Emily Mellor le mer 16/09/2020 - 17:05

Permalien
I met my boyfriend when we went a trip. At this time, his seat is infront of mine in express car. When I took photos of library opening ceremony, he asked me if he had took photos for me. It isn't very unusual way. Now we broke up. I miss him very much but he can't never know how I miss him.

Soumis par r.lickevich le jeu 10/09/2020 - 09:55

Permalien
I don't remember that, but i think those situations were been. About ten years ago in the internet i met a girl, wich become my wife.

Soumis par Rami Nawahda le dim 02/08/2020 - 14:07

Permalien
When I was in a school scout camp in 10th grade, I played a football game with another school from another village and there was an arrogant player said we will defeat you but we did that and a problem has occurred. After that, at the beginning of university in the first year, we lived with each other in the same student housing.

Soumis par shahhoseini le sam 04/01/2020 - 06:16

Permalien
I don't remember any things about an unusual meet.

Soumis par Dariusz le dim 17/11/2019 - 22:25

Permalien
I sometimes meet girls in unusual way through talk with them on the street. There were many interesting conversations.

Soumis par tenedos le mer 02/10/2019 - 20:54

Permalien
I thought about an unusual meet but I couldn't remember.

Soumis par dan le jeu 19/09/2019 - 04:03

Permalien
Hello. Many thanks for your all these English lessons. They are very usefully for me to improve my English competency.

Soumis par bawk san aung le ven 23/08/2019 - 11:52

Permalien
I am a shy person. Even though i meet unusual way, i would not talk to her.I would just smile first.

Soumis par Santika le jeu 25/07/2019 - 01:25

Permalien
This lesson helps me learn English, start with small detail of simple grammar in simple and small daily interaction within people who speak in English, and also remind me to be careful, pay attention to traffic signs, read and follow the task instructions, read and work on the tasks carefully and patiently. Thank you.

Soumis par mirko88 le lun 03/06/2019 - 20:22

Permalien
Well, I have never meet someone in an unusual way.

Soumis par AYang1221 le sam 11/05/2019 - 17:43

Permalien
Hey..! I'm from the Philippines and I'm currently studying in highschool. I have always dreamed of going to the United Kingdom someday. That's why, at my young age I pursued studying and practicing on how to speak in English properly. I hope one day I could have a conversation with a British person for REAL. Anyway, thank you so much for making this awesome website!

Soumis par Nataliia Herasymchuk le mer 17/04/2019 - 20:28

Permalien
Hello, all student! I am a new student this course and I am very happy will be with you. This video is very interesting and helping me learn English. Thanks. Yes, I met my partner very unusual. He was wrong with the phone number, but he liked my voice. After which he phoned again and invited me to a date.

Soumis par Vini_itj le lun 08/04/2019 - 21:04

Permalien
Excuse... is it actually impossible to download the videos from this website? I mean... I would love to watch them offline, but I do not know how to do it... it looks like we can download an app from iTunes, but I do not have an iPad or iPhone.
Hello Vini_itj, I'm afraid the videos are not available for download from the page for technical and legal reasons. Apps are available for a number of devices, including devices using Android: https://learnenglish.britishcouncil.org/apps Peter The LearnEnglish Team

Soumis par Estudent le lun 25/03/2019 - 10:36

Permalien
I meet some friends abroad; I didn't expect to meet them in such a place.

Soumis par walidel7 le mar 19/03/2019 - 21:12

Permalien
Hello every one here I am pleased to met my wife in the past (i think 2003 ) in Syria. After i see him , my heart beat for him all the time , in 2013 i marry him . Now i am very happy to be husband my wife, it is good wife and in realty the life is pinki after marry . This is my breif story .. nice to meet all person here . best wishes for all Note : I know i have some mistake in typing comment.
Hello walidel7 Nice to meet you! Never mind mistakes, I think I know what you mean, for example... wife => mife pinki => rainbow ヾ(=^▽^=)ノ

Soumis par cittàutopica le lun 18/03/2019 - 19:19

Permalien
I met my partner at a seminar for young graduates who were looking for a job in the sector of the promotion of reading.

Hello mmartinez,

Welcome to LearnEnglish! If you look a little further down the page you'll see Kirk's answer to jiaojiaopeter, which has some good advice for new users of the site.

Hello, it's me I was wondering if after all these years you'd like to meet To go over everything Hello, can you hear me?

Soumis par jiaojiaopeter le jeu 07/03/2019 - 05:26

Permalien
hello, teachers and friends, am very happy to be here .this time is my first time to study my English again.i am a Chinese, it seems still difficult for me to study English and understand that even though I have been studied it for several years since I prepared my English exam. (IELS)please give me some advice about English studying and practice ,thanks

Soumis par thepanh le lun 04/03/2019 - 09:22

Permalien
Hello everyone! I'm Panh, from Vietnam. I really so excited to meet someone unexpectedly. i have met many people accidentally and still been good friends until now. Feel so happy!!

Soumis par Rida85 le dim 03/03/2019 - 15:08

Permalien
Hello every body, I'm Rida from Indonesia. I'm really happy to be here.
Hi hi hi! Well, when I met you at the station You were standing with a bootleg in your hand I took you back to my little place For a taste of a multicolored band |●´∀`)ノ)) HELLO♪

Hello Juan Jose

I'm sorry to hear that. I've checked the video and it is working for me. Perhaps there was a temporary error, or, if you still can't see it, I would suggest trying to watch it using a different web browser or a different device. Please let us know if that doesn't work for you.

All the best