A message to a new friend

Read a direct message on social media to practise and improve your reading skills.

Do the preparation task first. Then read the text and do the exercises.

Reading text

Hi Lucia

How are you? It was so nice to meet you last week in Sydney at the sales meeting. How was the rest of your trip? Did you see any kangaroos? I hope you got home to Mexico City OK.

Anyway, I have the documents about the new Berlin offices. We're going to be open in three months. I moved here from London just last week. They are very nice offices, and the location is perfect. There are lots of restaurants, cafés and banks in the area. There's also public transport; we are next to an U-Bahn (that is the name for the metro here). Maybe you can come and see them one day? I would love to show you Berlin, especially in the winter. You said you have never seen snow – you will see lots here!

Here's a photo of you and me at the restaurant in Sydney. That was a very fun night! Remember the singing Englishman? Crazy! Please send me any other photos you have of that night. Good memories.

Please give me your email address and I will send you the documents.

Bye for now

Mikel

Worksheet57.37 Ko

Soumis par John Nguyen le jeu 25/11/2021 - 03:39

Permalien

How do you make plans with friends? Email, messenger, phone calls or another way?
Mostly, we have a group chat in messenger to plans with friends

Soumis par ANOUAR le ven 19/11/2021 - 10:33

Permalien

Usually I make planes by phone or meeting my friends directly

Soumis par l.arinha le lun 15/11/2021 - 13:56

Permalien

I make plans with my friends through messenger and calls phone, but I prefer in person.

Soumis par HXY le dim 24/10/2021 - 18:22

Permalien

I usually contact my friends through WhatsApp, and make plans to meet in a mall or a cafe.

Soumis par Suraj paliwal le sam 16/10/2021 - 12:32

Permalien

I make a plan with my friends by phone calls. Because phone call is so quickly I'm talk about plan.

Soumis par Momocompanyman le ven 15/10/2021 - 10:10

Permalien

I usually call my friend for making plans.

Soumis par Juli le mer 13/10/2021 - 17:42

Permalien

Usually I use Telegram for work and make plan with friends. It's cool app!

Soumis par LamVanPhuong le mar 12/10/2021 - 13:58

Permalien

i often use the message to connect with my friends or calling and sometimes we hang out with them

Soumis par Levine le dim 10/10/2021 - 13:13

Permalien

I usually use Messegnger to make plans with my friends. If it is a work relationalship then i use Skype. I recommend: "Comment secton" should be above people's comments on the website. That place will be more suitable

Soumis par Javier Antonio Seco le lun 30/08/2021 - 10:37

Permalien
Hello All, I usually make plans with my friends by WhatsApp or phone calls. If it is a work relationship I email to the person about the plan and ask him/ her what does he/she think?

Soumis par chris-kutte le mar 24/08/2021 - 23:44

Permalien
I always make plans with my friends by WhatsApp or phone call.

Soumis par ThihaHtetAung le sam 21/08/2021 - 05:24

Permalien
Dear Sir or Madam, I ain't writing this for discussion task. I was little complicated in this reading text. In the second line of the second paragraph in this text, there is " we're going to be open" that what I'm confusing about. In my thoughts, that should be "we're going to open" or "we're going to be opened". I might wrong but could you explain me about that usage. And don't mind me if my writing goes unpolite and pls correct me if I have any mistakes.

Hello ThihaHtetAung,

The word 'open' can be a verb or an adjective:

As a verb:

I opened the door [past simple active]

The door was opened [past simple passive]

As an adjective:

The door was open

In the example you quote the adjective is used: We're going to be open.

Soumis par PuenteD le jeu 29/07/2021 - 18:51

Permalien
In this moment I am living in a other country, so I don't have any friends... But, in my country usually I not make plans with my friends, we are together in any place and the spontaneous way: we decided go to drink or make a dinner.

Soumis par avenesra le sam 19/06/2021 - 19:51

Permalien
I make plans with friends by IG or Snapchat. We also have a chat there every day

Soumis par Veronikka le lun 10/05/2021 - 00:35

Permalien
I make plans with my friends by WhatsApp. We have a group on it and organize some meetings from this app.

Soumis par Giuliana le ven 07/05/2021 - 22:38

Permalien
I usually use whatsapp and sometimes i use message of the phone but always i text to my friends for whatsapp.

Soumis par Suraj paliwal le ven 07/05/2021 - 08:20

Permalien
Usually I make meeting with friends by phone calls. This is convenient for us. Message and email is not for me. I'm a student and don't have a job. I think email and message for professional work. Here's you send documents or other things.

Soumis par marisolar le jeu 29/04/2021 - 17:55

Permalien
Depend of the person, if this person is my friend, I always send messages on WhatsApp to him/her. If this person is a professor, or business contact, I send messages using e-mail.

Soumis par Andrea Valencia le mer 07/04/2021 - 23:56

Permalien
I make plans with friends by phone call or message.

Soumis par Venequin le lun 05/04/2021 - 17:35

Permalien
Everyone here start with: I usually but guys I really need new vocabulary, not repetitions.

Soumis par Hamoud. le dim 04/04/2021 - 20:50

Permalien
I usually make plans with my friends by using WhatsApp chatting and sometimes I use my cellphone

Soumis par MikhailZatopliaev le dim 28/03/2021 - 06:36

Permalien
We make plans with my friends by chat in WhatsUp, and rely by call.

Soumis par Rano le lun 15/03/2021 - 11:40

Permalien
Iam text my friend before day from meet,asked her if can spend some time together

Soumis par TIa vinaka le dim 14/03/2021 - 03:19

Permalien
I make plans with friends via social media app like Line or FB messenger. Line is for friends in my country or some asian countries and FB messenger is for international friends :)

Soumis par Hoang Hai le mer 24/02/2021 - 04:15

Permalien
I make plan with friend by using social net worlk apps like Facebook Messenger. Those app really convenient and effective, I can create a group and show diffirent ideas that we don't need meeting in person.

Soumis par alfaozl le ven 19/02/2021 - 16:21

Permalien
I usually make connect by Wp with my friends.Because of the most popular way of the make connection all the world.

Soumis par Evgeny_most le ven 19/02/2021 - 11:07

Permalien
I usually use phone calls or WhatsApp messages to arrange a meeting with friends.

Soumis par Julian_Ramirez le mar 09/02/2021 - 22:03

Permalien
I usually call or send messages to them.

Soumis par Leila77 le lun 01/02/2021 - 18:18

Permalien
I usually use phone calls to make plans with friends, and sometimes I use WhatsApp.

Soumis par GabrielaE le jeu 28/01/2021 - 17:30

Permalien
I usually make plans with my friends by WhatsApp because is a commun way to communicate all of us. I have to admit that isn't so easy as I said. We've planned a meeting for weeks, and there's someone who is always busy, but in the past and by experience I know, in fact, that we always see eachother and spend a really nice day. Then, we send the pictures of that day at the same group we've made to plan and to go out.

Soumis par Walid Albuqai le jeu 28/01/2021 - 00:47

Permalien
I usually make plans with my friends by mobile phone or watsap.

Soumis par Daniela_rmz le sam 23/01/2021 - 02:51

Permalien
I don't make plans with friends, because I don't have friends

Soumis par Muhammad Mokht… le ven 22/01/2021 - 06:36

Permalien
I use mobile phone, messenger and email for communicating to my friends. I also use Zoom apps for taking my online class. I take exam by google form.

Soumis par German le mer 20/01/2021 - 01:26

Permalien
I make plans with my friends generally by phone or chat.

Soumis par JoséBarrón1012 le mar 12/01/2021 - 23:54

Permalien
most of the time I use whatsap or phone calls to contact my friends

Soumis par Minh le mar 12/01/2021 - 18:05

Permalien
I think I have a number of plans with my friends who live in different corners of the world. We will meet together in Lunar New Year our festival. Therefore, we often connect each other by email, sometime by cell phone because of time zone. On the other hand, we have a family with children, so we need to arrange a lot of things before we decide to travel.

Soumis par Arcangelo-Pereyra le ven 08/01/2021 - 22:42

Permalien
it's really interesting how we improve our level step by step. never say never. have a great 2021 from Dominican Republic

Soumis par Mihály Rojj le sam 02/01/2021 - 18:19

Permalien
I usually use messenger and viber with communication. I think now a days sms and mms etc. alredy not popular.

Soumis par maharosa le jeu 31/12/2020 - 17:27

Permalien
i us phone calls to make importante plans with frends, and for the rest i us social media like watsapp

Soumis par EricaSoledad le mar 15/12/2020 - 13:55

Permalien
I contacted my Friends by WhatsApp and we planned the dinners

Soumis par Emma_Torres175 le lun 07/12/2020 - 14:40

Permalien
First we send emails and then we make calls to coordinate much better. Finally, we decided on the place and invited our friends.

Soumis par André Salgado le mar 01/12/2020 - 18:25

Permalien
I often make plans with my friends by phone calls or app social media like whatsapp.

Soumis par Wevellyn le mar 24/11/2020 - 21:49

Permalien
I usually use whatsapp for talk with my friends, and I make meetings by Google Meet. In my work I use e-mail because it's the single way that I can communicate them.

Soumis par Aynura99 le mar 17/11/2020 - 20:56

Permalien
We make plans via WhatsApp. If meeting is too important and there is no internet, then we phone each other.

Soumis par Ehsan le dim 15/11/2020 - 20:04

Permalien
We used to call each other before social media were used in public. but now we usually use messaging applications such as WhatsApp, Telegram and etc.

Soumis par Thinthinmyoe le sam 14/11/2020 - 06:47

Permalien
I always use messenger and phone calls to communicate with my friends.

Soumis par cookym le mar 10/11/2020 - 12:18

Permalien
I think that messenger more convenient for me,so I often use it to plan the meetings with friends,but if I want to meet with members of family I will call them .

Soumis par cocof1b2 le sam 07/11/2020 - 14:55

Permalien
Usually, we have a group in Wechat, before we decide to do something, everyone can discuss in the group.

Soumis par Ana Luisa Sanc… le jeu 05/11/2020 - 00:08

Permalien
I usually use WhatsApp for any plans that i have to do, we create a new group with every participant, and there every one explain their doubts and ideas .