A thank-you message

Learn how to write a thank-you message to a colleague.

Reading text

From: Paco
To: Maria
Subject: Thanks

Hi Maria,

I hope you're well.

I'm just writing to say thanks for your help on the project last month. We really appreciate you stepping in to support us. I know you had to put in extra hours to catch up on your own work, so thank you very much.

Your expertise was vital for this project and we couldn't have finished it successfully without you. You really helped us and we hope to work with you again on future projects.

I'll be in touch again soon about possible future collaborations. I look forward to working with you more closely this year.

Paco

Tips

1. Start with a friendly comment:
    I hope you're well.
  2. It's usually best to use an informal style with colleagues:
    Hi Maria, …
    Thanks for your help.
  3. Keep it short.
  4. Mention the good work they did and the positive effect of it:
    Your expertise was vital for this project.
    We couldn't have finished it successfully without your help.
  5. End with a positive comment about future collaboration:
    I hope to work with you more closely in future.
    I look forward to working with you again.

Worksheet89.49 Ko

Soumis par LamVanPhuong le lun 08/11/2021 - 10:31

Permalien

it's recently, my friend she helped me looked for the documents for my summit and i thanked her so much because without her i couldn't finish my summit on time.

Soumis par Suraj paliwal le jeu 04/11/2021 - 11:29

Permalien

I have daily tell thank you to someone who works fo me and help me but such a writing I never written but I leaned a lot this task.

Soumis par GiulianaAndy le jeu 24/06/2021 - 02:30

Permalien
The last time I thanked a colleague was in 2019. When a friend of mine helped me by preparing me for my first job interview. And I got the job, so I was so willing. Therefore I decided to write him a thank- you message, and it was like this: From: Giuliana To: Cesar Subject: Thanks Hi Cesar, I hope you're well I'm writing just to let you know that I got the job, and I want to thank you for preparing me. I really appreciate you stepping in to help and encourage me. I know you had to put in extra hours to catch up on your own things, so thank you very much. Your expertise and experience were vital for this goal, and I quit sure I couldn't have got the job without your help. You really helped me and I hope to help you of you need anything one day. I'll be in touch again soon about possible collaborations. I look forward to helping you in any situation. All the best, Giuliana

Soumis par Ehsan le mar 25/05/2021 - 10:00

Permalien
It was 2 days ago. we had to install two specialized programs on a computer. our colleague is a specialist in that field and he installed them. so I thanked him.

Soumis par Camila Abreu le sam 24/04/2021 - 14:59

Permalien
I often thank my colleagues for any colaborattion that makes teamwork more procuctive.

Soumis par In le jeu 15/04/2021 - 12:17

Permalien
I always try to say thank you to everyone who helped me. Sometimes we forgot this small detail that can make the day of someone else recognizing their job, help, or company.

Soumis par Frank Cuello le ven 02/04/2021 - 16:22

Permalien
Well, the last time I that I remember being grateful with someone was in college when I have to choose a partner to work in a semester project. The thing is that he helped me not only with the academic chores of the project, but he gave me life advices. I really appreciate his help and company.

Soumis par YED le sam 27/03/2021 - 01:00

Permalien
I thanked a collegue last time by phone when she helped me to deal with a job situation, Her advices were precious and useful.

Soumis par Gao le lun 08/03/2021 - 05:59

Permalien
Hi Nayu, I hope you're well. I'm just writing to say thanks for your help on the project in 2017. I really appreciate you stepping in to support us. I know you had to travel far from Japan to our country, so thank you very much. Your expertise in SAP project was vital and your professional working style was so impressive to me. You really helped us to explain to our customer about new system and I hope to work with you again on future projects. I'll be in touch again soon about possible future collaborations. I look forward to working with you more closely this month. All the best, Gao

Soumis par Abrarhussain le jeu 25/02/2021 - 08:41

Permalien
Few days before I thanked my colleague through text messages. My colleague advised me to take admission for this English course . I was unsure of the correct path as there were too many choices. He recommended me to the British council to improve my English language skills. When I felt any difficulty in any aspect of my English language learning skills, I contact him to help me. He feels happy to assist and encourage me all the time. God bless him. Therefore I am very thankful to my colleague.

Soumis par Andrea Valencia le dim 14/02/2021 - 18:51

Permalien
I thanked him last Saturday, my colleague helped me in the education project at school, he sent me a very useful group list for my work. I am very grateful to him

Soumis par John90 le jeu 11/02/2021 - 04:07

Permalien
Dear Leon, I hope you are doing well today. I just write you to thank you for helping with the project assigned to us the last week, as you know I got sick las thursday and I didn't feel well for working so you helped me to finish the project on time. I really apreciate your dedication in to support me and the over time you made to catch up on your other projects. I'm getting well these days so I'll help you with your new project assigned. All the best. Eduardo.

Soumis par ceryan41 le jeu 14/01/2021 - 06:52

Permalien
Hi Ahmet I hope you are fine. I am very pleasured work with you on that project. I did not have a time to see you when you left office. I appricate you stepping in to support us. That is caused for you had to put in extra hours that reach your target. Your extra effort was vital for that project and it couldn't has finished on time with successfully. That was a great time to work with you I'll be touch again in near soon for posibble collobration. I look forward to hear from you soon

Soumis par Anara SN le mar 01/12/2020 - 06:44

Permalien
I wrote thank you message 7 years ago to my boss by messenger, but not informal way as this example.

Soumis par Elbay le mer 28/10/2020 - 16:57

Permalien
When ever you try to write an email to your friends or to your boss or to your customers,just remember this formula for writing your message-KISS and CCC KISS- Keep It Short and Simple CCC - Complete,Concise and Coherent

Soumis par danisep le sam 17/10/2020 - 20:56

Permalien
I don't remember making a thank-you message to my colleagues or professors in college, I just always say thank you. I used to think that my colleagues had the obligation to help me just for work at the same company but it is always good to say thanks to build more healthy relations and get good help at any other moment.

Soumis par Muhiddin le jeu 01/10/2020 - 06:22

Permalien
Hi everybody, Everyday I thanks my overseas colleagues to support me on paperwork in different areas.

Soumis par Ugulhan le mer 30/09/2020 - 16:22

Permalien
I would say this, but I have not got help at work, yet. If I will get the favor of my colleague or professors, I would write also a thank-you-message.

Soumis par Lobasolitaria le mer 30/09/2020 - 14:31

Permalien
Thank you very much! Now I can thank other people.

Soumis par YaMaCa le dim 27/09/2020 - 08:19

Permalien
I have written several emails expressing my thanks to my coworkers. But in not an appropriate style like this, I have learned today. Thanks

Soumis par YaMaCa le dim 27/09/2020 - 08:14

Permalien
Dear Sandra I am just writing to say thanks for your support during the project. It was a big challenge and your commitment help us to reach the objectives. You are more than welcome to visit us and work with us on near projects. I am looking forward to know from you. Regards Pedro

Soumis par erikkkkkkk le lun 14/09/2020 - 15:42

Permalien
From: Erik To: [Name] Subject: Thanks Hi [Name], I hope you're well. I'm writing to say thanks for your help on the project we did last week. We really appreciate your support and we are really thankful. I know you had to put in extra hours to advance in your work, so thank you very much. Your expertise was very helpful for this project and we couldn't have done it this well without your help. You really helped us and we are looking forward to work with you again on some future projects. I'll be in touch with you if we have some more projects you could help in. All the best, Erik

Soumis par shelly le jeu 10/09/2020 - 04:24

Permalien
Hi, Siva I hope you are well. I am just writing to thanks for your help in my make-up class. I really appreciate you coming to me when I had no idea to draw my eyebrow. I know you had to catch up you next lesson, so again thank you very much. Your expertise is vital for all us who are beginner to learn makeup and we could not draw well without you that day. I hope in the future I could have a chance to work with you in this beauty field. I will be in touch with you, also follow your lesson through live streaming. Shelly Best Regards

Soumis par kyawkyawsoezhu le sam 29/08/2020 - 18:19

Permalien
I've never thought about saying thanks with such a long text via email before. usually, I just say or send a message like 'hey, thanks for your help, really appreciate it.' but after reading text from this exercise, I want to write one to my friend that helped me on my freelance project last year.

Soumis par aml96 le sam 29/08/2020 - 16:37

Permalien
i thank my friend Sara she is graphic design hi Sara I hope you well I am just writing to say thank you for your help in the last project you design perfect log with suitable colors with make me happy and everyone see the log also facebook page was fantastic your expertise was vital for this project i could not finish it without your help thank you again for discount and perfect work i look forward to work with you again all the best AML

Soumis par IKEDA le lun 24/08/2020 - 10:27

Permalien
I need to say thanks for this British Council team, thanks to these good exercises with lessons here, I've been learning a lot about English. Thank you so much.

Soumis par Hennadii le mer 12/08/2020 - 09:35

Permalien
Well, the last time I thanked my friend not a colleague. I made a renovation at home and my friend really helped me. It was my first renovation and I didn't have any experience in this case. I even didn't know where to start. My friend gave me many helpful adviсes, helped me to choose proper materials, and find a qualified electrician. We even built a partition-wall together to make a clothes room instead of an old storeroom. I can't imagine how I did all these works without him. Ok, I definitely, could make it but it would have been worse and much more expensive.

Soumis par Min Htet Kaung le ven 24/07/2020 - 16:12

Permalien
To write honestly, I have never expressed my gratitude in words in my life. I seldom say thanks to my close friends. But in my mind, I never forget their good deeds to me. The last time l have to thank someone is in two years ago. At that time I resigned from my former company and sought for a job. One of my workmates from former company was working in a new company. He introduced me to his company and soon I got a new job. This company pays higher salary than the previous one. I didn't say thanks to him but in my mind I said thanks in deep.

Soumis par Red Sus le mar 21/07/2020 - 03:03

Permalien
To: British Council Team Subject: Thank you Dear British Council Team, I hope you’re well. I'm writing to say thank you for all hard-working efforts of yours. The lessons are organized and presented very clearly and easily for students to study faster and more accurately. Having an opportunity to access the free yet highest quality education, for students like us, is invaluable. I sure learned a lot, and I will keep learning. So thank you very much. I really appreciate it. Finally, I really hope you’re doing well, and always in good luck. The values you spread will always come back to you. All the best, Genma

Soumis par Javad le sam 18/07/2020 - 08:59

Permalien
I am really a grateful person usually and most of the times I appreciated and thanks from those my friends and colleagues who help me during my daily life. It is so good for us to be thankful.

Soumis par Bush le sam 18/07/2020 - 08:58

Permalien
From: Bush To: Team British Council Subject: Thanks Hi, I hope you all are doing well I’m writing this letter to thank you for your work and dedication in proving us with A-grade English lessons. I have learnt several new skills and I am hoping to acquire further knowledge of the English language. Your lessons will help me to implement this knowledge in real life for which I can't thank you enough. I look forward to learning new lessons with you Thank you

Soumis par martin olivares le mer 08/07/2020 - 19:00

Permalien
When i receive help from others i always send a message to thank them for their help! we should be more grateful to the community! and we must create a really friendly atmosphere :)

Soumis par Miyu le lun 29/06/2020 - 14:47

Permalien
From: Miyu To: Mayuka Subject: Thanks Hi Mayuka, I hope you’re well. I’m just writing to say thanks for your help with the presentation last week. We really thank you stepping in to support us by giving a great deal of information. In spite of the situation that we had not had enough time, you had prepared excellently. If you had not corrected a lot of articles, we could not have been selected the best team last week. Moreover, the data related to the foundation of our opinions were helped us complete our arrengements. We think we could not have success this presentation in time without you. We all respect you as you have talent to gather all of information that is needed to the project smoothly. We are also looking forward to working with you in same project again. We are expecting that we will learn lots of things from you for future jobs. Thank you very much. All the best, Miyu

Soumis par Alexandra crespo le dim 28/06/2020 - 23:58

Permalien
Last time I thanked to someone for her helping was four mounth ago. I wrote him a note for his birthday. This note was for my best friend, she turned 23 years old, so I decided write a letter in gratitude for all the help you have given me in my good and bad times.

Soumis par Adriana Llivisaca le dim 28/06/2020 - 15:30

Permalien
From: Adriana To: Geovanny. Subject: Thank you. Hello Geovanny, Hope you're well I only write to thank you for all the stationery products you have sent me, they are very useful and cheap. I hope that soon I will get more products and can send them to me. Soon I will be able to have my own stationery and I hope to count on your support to make my dream come true. We'll be in touch. I wish him many successes and I hope that everything goes well for him. Adriana.

Soumis par Glenda T le dim 28/06/2020 - 06:24

Permalien
Last time I thanked to someone for her helping was yesterday. Really I writed a birthday note. This note was for my cousi, she turned 30 years old, so I decided write a letter. In this letter I congratulate to my cousin for one years more of live. Also in this letter I thanked to she for be a great person, help me when I had need her and that I will hope always have her by my side.

Soumis par Ainash Gadekar le mer 24/06/2020 - 04:53

Permalien
From: Avinash To: Dev Subject: Thanks Hello Dev, I hope you're well. I am writing this to say thanks for your help in completing my project. It would not be possible without your help. I know you needed to put in some extra hours for helping me and I am very thankful for your help. Your expertise in this area really helped me. I am looking forward to work with you again All the best Avinash,

Soumis par Ayano le mar 23/06/2020 - 16:37

Permalien
I thanked a colleague when I was a freshman by writing letters and telling directly. I have some friends of international student and senior. They had already graduated from them university. They are precious one for me in my life, so I’m glad to see them. We spend a lot of time. We held many parties, for example, someone’s birthday parties, Halloween parties, Christmas parties, and so on. Also, we went to Disney Sea and Fuji-Q Highland. Various memories were born like this. Therefore, I appreciate them because they taught me many things in their languages and their bodies although they and I are different to the point of age, country, and culture. By only just watching them, they make me think about my future and each culture. Especially, I thought what I should to do now. I had watched they’re about doing a graduation thesis and job hunting, so then I was a freshman, but I could decide to think what I want to do now and learn important things for job hunting and plan for my future. What is more, international students had not only taught me language but also thinking of the country. I understood by taking with them fun. The senior said to me. “You don’t understand this situation, but it is invaluable for you to connect international students.” I remember this phase. Then and now, I couldn’t understand deeply. I want to see them as soon as possible I can and to tell them thanks again.

Soumis par senes19 le dim 14/06/2020 - 12:34

Permalien
Last time I thanked to colleaugue for her helping was eight months ago. I had to catch up my aims which require at least twenty new members for our course. I hav tried to find but I couldn't. My friend who works another branch of company has supported me and provided new sources that I can induce to accept our course. Then I have reached my targets. Finally I have written my appreciation for her support with a mail.

Soumis par JAMES WEK BOL le sam 13/06/2020 - 14:51

Permalien
To: British Council Team/educators, Ref: Thank letter I hope you are doing well in respectively places and this email find you in good healthy. I am writing this letter to Thank you, team leader and your colleagues who have been leading the training to all of us ''students'' from different countries. My colleagues and I have learned alot from you during this short course, we can now apply the knowledge and skills gain from all educators and colleagues too. I look forward learning with you in the future. Stay safe Regards James Wek

Soumis par Riko Sasajima le dim 07/06/2020 - 15:37

Permalien
When I was a freshman of university, I thanked some my friends. I was a member of orchestra club and I hesitated about quit it. Finally, I could quit it because my friends listened to my concern many times. I have to quit for many reasons such as part-time job for earing money to study abroad, doing house work and so, on. However, I also had some reasons for keeping it. I had been kept doing music club activities since junior high school. From these experience, I had felt pleasure of playing music. I have impressive words from my friend. “If you quit orchestra, it is not avoid. Enjoy your university life more .” Then, I realized that my university life is limited and very short. After that, I told reader of club my mind, I could quit it end of the year. I didn’t only regret but also realize what I want to do in university days. My choice helped by friends was correct. From these experience, I also noticed the importance of friend and appreciation mind to others. I will tell “Thank you” which I had not said more, not only my friend but also my family.

Soumis par Nagato le mar 26/05/2020 - 11:25

Permalien
When i had been in the desert for while to work there. I have got a new job there i was beginner without experience . but all staff helped me and I really greatful to them.

Soumis par JuanManuelLopezGil le dim 10/05/2020 - 22:34

Permalien
When my friend Daniela recommended me to work in the packaging-design of his brand.

Soumis par Reza 2020 le dim 03/05/2020 - 18:43

Permalien
Hi Maria Hope you doing well and be safe from Covid-19 pandemic. I just write this email to express my deep appreciation to you for your help about my online shopping project. your technical advices were really vital and caused we can finish our project on time. Without helping you we will had some basic problems. I will contact you as soon as possible to collobrate of

Soumis par SANDRA YINNET le sam 02/05/2020 - 13:25

Permalien
Almost all days I doing with my colleagues, they are very important in my job, because my company is dedicate to proyects of engineering where all should to contributed since yours point of view for get the goal.

Soumis par Zhansaya (non vérifié) le jeu 02/04/2020 - 09:27

Permalien
From: Zhansaya To:Kirk ( The LearnEnglish Team) Subject: Thanks Hi Kirk, I hope you're well. I'm just writing to say thanks for your help on the LearnEnglish Website. I really appreciate your helping and supporting for students who learns English, so thank you very much. Your expertise and tips in the area of English really helpful for us and I believe that your work will be help for many students in the future. I'll be pleased if you're will answer to my message.I look forward wait to your answer. All the best, Zhansaya