What's the difference between a 'crossing' and a 'crossroads'? Do these exercises to help learn words for the things around your town and find out!

Are you ready to take your vocabulary to the next level?

Soumis par Ammaraf le mar 28/01/2020 - 12:57

Permalien
what are the traffic problems in your country, no body can solve them, so we have to think again and make more studies in order to live in the green cites without complected transportation methods.

Soumis par French Spring le jeu 23/01/2020 - 12:50

Permalien
The pavement of my street is too narrow. two people can not walk in this pavement at the same time , we have to walk at the street if there are not a cars .

Soumis par AdrianaPC le jeu 16/01/2020 - 10:50

Permalien
I can see near my home crossings, traffic lights, street lights, squares, bus stops, roundabouts, pavement and crossroads. I live in the city centre so I don´t see roads and traffic.

Soumis par enas refaat le mer 15/01/2020 - 21:49

Permalien
crossroads and pavement are near to my house

Soumis par Haneen Al Ghazali le ven 10/01/2020 - 20:38

Permalien
Every day walk on the pavement of the street and cross another side of the road on a crossing place after sure is green on the traffic lights to go to work.

Soumis par Bernice le ven 10/01/2020 - 15:02

Permalien
There is a crossing near my home which I offen cross it, the cars give ways to people as there is no traffic light.
Profile picture for user Rafaela1

Soumis par Rafaela1 le dim 08/12/2019 - 13:32

Permalien
I can see none of them from where I live, but there is a bus stop near my home and corners are all around. ⸜( ‘ ᵕ ‘ )⸝⸜

Soumis par samou le ven 29/11/2019 - 23:31

Permalien
Most people in my city do not respect the traffic lights and crossing.

Soumis par OMG le dim 03/11/2019 - 04:35

Permalien
My apartment is near the road which is very busy in peak hours everyday. there is a crossroad on one side and a roundabout no the other side. furthermore, a bus stop is only a few minuets walk from my flat, which is very convenient.

Soumis par Said Garyare le jeu 03/10/2019 - 10:45

Permalien
Right now, I'm living a hostile in my university. So, I can't see traffic lights, sign posts, crossroads, crossing and etc but I see street lights in a side the streets in the university.

Soumis par AlmiraLinda le dim 22/09/2019 - 08:18

Permalien
In our country, there are more traffic lights than roundabouts. And then, we can see street lights in the middle of the roads or on sides of the streets.

Soumis par tenedos le mer 18/09/2019 - 20:24

Permalien
Near my home, there is a crossroad. After a few meters, There are crossing, signposts, bus stops, traffic, etc. The pavements in the city I live arent wide enough.
Profile picture for user Ahmad Bacha

Soumis par Ahmad Bacha le mer 18/09/2019 - 12:02

Permalien
I'm living in a village,so,no traffic lights there or roundabouts,there is just crossroads and crossings.

Soumis par CucXuong le mar 10/09/2019 - 05:29

Permalien
I'm leaving in a busy city which has a terrible traffic. Although there are traffic lights at corner, people here don't follow. Some people always try to drive as fast as they can when the traffic lights turning yellow, even though when it turns red. It seems more terrible than at crossroads with not clearly signposts. Especially, It's truly a chaotic traffic at the rush hour. On pavements, citizens use for their personal purpose such as parking, selling food, no where for walking. Almost people have to walk on the roads. I wish the government finds out efficiently solutions to solve this problem soon.

Soumis par Sumreen Tahir le jeu 29/08/2019 - 14:38

Permalien
I have seen many of these things near my home such as signposts, traffic lights, crossings, streetlights, pavements and a roundabout.

Soumis par Setareh le lun 26/08/2019 - 03:32

Permalien
I see near my home a lot of them like crossing,traffic lights ,cross roads and ...
Profile picture for user Stanley Alvarez

Soumis par Stanley Alvarez le ven 19/07/2019 - 22:43

Permalien
Near my home, there are roads, crossroads, crossings, traffic lights, street lights, pavements, and a square.

Soumis par Nazarova Feruza le mer 17/07/2019 - 04:06

Permalien
Hello. Near my house has a road and a corner. The children like to drive on a bicycle on the corner.

Soumis par islamhasabo le lun 15/07/2019 - 06:17

Permalien
while driving from my home to outside, I used to to take one of two roads. Both of them I have to go through a roundabout inside the community for exit to the gate to another roundabout in the main road.After that I can take the first exit to take the first road or drive like 7KM then take the exit to be in the second one.

Soumis par chris-kutte le ven 12/07/2019 - 00:10

Permalien
I can see lots of these things near my home. In my home area are crossings, traffic lights, bus stops, a round about and at least the central market place where I often meet friends to eat some icecream or drink a coffee.

Soumis par shabo59 le mar 09/07/2019 - 05:45

Permalien
i live in karaj which is a one cities of IRAN and near to Tehran. there are many traffic lights, crossroads, streets, signposts and etc. i love Karaj . Karaj is beautiful though the city is crowded is like Tehran.

Soumis par popo1011 le lun 01/07/2019 - 08:58

Permalien
I live in a big city, it is very crowded, there are a lot of traffic here, The weather and beverage water are polluted, 12 million people live in my city, They have different jobs. engineer, doctor, businessman,building painter, sweeper ,tailor,plumber ,.. there are many traffic lights, roundabouts, crossing , pavement,...here. i should had strong nerves for live in this city.

Soumis par sahel1981 le sam 22/06/2019 - 05:22

Permalien
I live in Tehran which is a crowded city. Like other cities, it has lots of traffic lights, street lights, and also signposts. But, there is less roundabouts and more crossroads in Tehran comparing other cities that I have seen. In addition, drivers have a bad attitude that they usually neglect crossings which make people annoy when they need cross a street or junction.

Soumis par Oli le jeu 13/06/2019 - 13:15

Permalien
Near my house, I can see crossings, corners, roundabouts, bus stops, street lights, roads, ... I'm living in a suburb of Brussels.

Soumis par Oli le jeu 13/06/2019 - 12:40

Permalien
I am a French-speaking guy. In this lesson, there is a fearfull false friend: in French, a square is a kind of a little park with some bench and some trees. When I was a child, I played ball there because it was strictly forbidden playing football.

Soumis par ngangan le lun 03/06/2019 - 05:46

Permalien
1. My friend and I offen meet in the town square. 2. In the city, street lights offen are located on street corners 3. In some citis, riding a bicycle on the pavement is prohibited 4. I got lost because there was signpost at the crossroads

Soumis par curlyhair le sam 27/04/2019 - 15:00

Permalien
İn uk, roundabout is usually shown by signs written on the pavement without using wall on the contrary to my country. Traffic lights is standard in All ower the World although signposts could vary.

Soumis par concha62 le jeu 25/04/2019 - 21:15

Permalien
The first thing that I see is a roundabout, than an acrossing and finally a square. Where I live there aren't traffic lights, it's a very small town. We have three or four bus stops. All of ours streets have streetlights, signpost and pavement.
Profile picture for user Rafaela1

Soumis par Rafaela1 le mar 23/04/2019 - 12:55

Permalien
I see trees and roofs. (⊂●⊃_⊂●⊃)

Soumis par Samirah le mar 23/04/2019 - 08:34

Permalien
I can see traffic lights, square, crossing and pavement near my home.

Soumis par marcasti le lun 15/04/2019 - 19:56

Permalien
I can see squares, traffic lights, streets, street lights, pavements, cross roads, corners, bus stops and crossings
Profile picture for user Rafaela1

Soumis par Rafaela1 le mar 02/04/2019 - 09:26

Permalien
I live in a quiet place and can see none of these things except corners around the house. |・_・)ノ

Soumis par Nusaiba Mohamed le lun 01/04/2019 - 18:46

Permalien
Hi every one where i live you can see roads , street lights, traffic lights , crossing and threre is no signposts or roundabouts

Soumis par 赵文文 le lun 01/04/2019 - 08:18

Permalien
I live in Beijing, the capital of China, that is crowed city. So I can see crossings, roundabouts, roads, traffic lights everywhere. When i go to work on foot, i need to cross several crossing by the traffic lights.

Soumis par Juan Diego Gal… le jeu 07/03/2019 - 03:07

Permalien
Where I live there are roads, traffic lights, street lights, pavement, crossing... Lol I think all of then, fewer roundabouts because almost always they are in country roads.

Soumis par Yewint Koko le jeu 28/02/2019 - 11:04

Permalien
Hello everyone!! I live near a bus stop and I can see traffic light,a crossing and crossroads.
Profile picture for user Rafaela1

Soumis par Rafaela1 le mar 26/02/2019 - 12:44

Permalien
The sea, the tip of a peninsula, the sky, clouds, sunshine.... hopefully! ♪₍๐•ᴗ•๐₎
Profile picture for user LANG

Soumis par LANG le lun 25/02/2019 - 13:12

Permalien
My house is next to the road which buses, lorries, motobikes drive on. There is no pavement for walker, no traffic light, few street lights, some signposts, walkers have to run as fast as possible if they need crossing. Many crossroads without traffic lights and a dangerous roundabout where no street light, no signpost, there was a lot of accidents. The Goverment is building a square.

Soumis par RENIA THEODOROPOULOU le jeu 21/02/2019 - 23:36

Permalien
Our family lives in a small town with a lot of grafic squares. There are also streets with traffic lights so the cars, people and the bicycles are safe.

Soumis par Mr.Dogan le ven 15/02/2019 - 08:40

Permalien
There are many traffi lights, crossing, crossroad and pavements in my country. Especially big cities have most of traffic on rush hour. We always stop and give way to people on crossing.
Profile picture for user Ndayishimiye

Soumis par Ndayishimiye le jeu 31/01/2019 - 12:01

Permalien
In my home town normally people walk on pavements, roundabouts are not so many as crossroads and crossings. Some crossroads have traffic lights and others do not have. each street is equipped with street light. We do not have a large square where people can meet.
Profile picture for user Rafaela1

Soumis par Rafaela1 le mer 30/01/2019 - 04:57

Permalien
I can see none of these things but can see birds on tall trees near home. ꒰•‧̫•ू꒱

Soumis par mydarling le lun 28/01/2019 - 19:19

Permalien
In my country the cars drive at the right side.

Soumis par elham1895 le mar 22/01/2019 - 10:27

Permalien
In my town, there are many street lights and crossroads.In the rush hour we should stop more time in the crossroads and it is terrible for me.

Soumis par amirouche0 le dim 13/01/2019 - 11:25

Permalien
Paris's road are good but their are many crossing and traffic light