What's the difference between a 'crossing' and a 'crossroads'? Do these exercises to help learn words for the things around your town and find out!

Soumis par Ray Tam le dim 14/11/2021 - 19:05

Permalien

Almost all of these things I can see in my hometown. It’s a little bit different that there are traffic lights set in front of roundabouts close the centre of Edinburgh.

Soumis par it'sBeBe le lun 01/11/2021 - 10:41

Permalien

There's some street lights in the street where my house is located. At the corner of the main road and my street, signpost is available too. Signposts are available for almost every streets and roads.

Soumis par mare_bo le lun 11/10/2021 - 17:28

Permalien

I live in Zagreb, capital of Croatia. It's a big town. Not a city of millions but it's the biggest in our country. We have all of these 'things' in our city. And we have a problem because we don't have good roads for bicycles and motorcycles. Because of that many people ride them on the pavement and many accidents happen.
In the center there are lots of signposts so tourists can find attractions easily.

I live in Krasnodar (it's a city in Russia) and of course we have all that things, as you said, and we also have a problem about cyclists. They are everywhere (on the road, on the pavement, near pavement). On the one, hand it's really annoying but, on the other hand, I can understand them because they just don't have special roads for bikes/

Soumis par dariowins le jeu 27/05/2021 - 12:37

Permalien
I live in Madrid, Spain, it is a big city. The main square is Plaza Mayor and Cibele Square, both are located in the centre of city. In the street and roads you can find traffic lights or roundabout, but I can say that is more common roundabouts than traffic lights. I think roundabouts are more safe than traffic lights. All the streets in Madrid has crossing and signpost.

Soumis par Sofia Sandoval le mer 07/04/2021 - 20:52

Permalien
I live in a small town, when I go out, I can see multiple traffic lights , corners that lead to crossing lines, and normally, lots of traffic.

Soumis par Abrarhussain le ven 02/04/2021 - 23:33

Permalien
Near my home there are roads, pavements, traffic lights, crossroads, corners, street lights, crossing and sing posts.

Soumis par cittàutopica le lun 22/03/2021 - 19:54

Permalien
I live in an area near the city center; therefore I can see a crossroad, the pedestrian crossing and the pavements, but there are neither traffic lights nor bus stop.

Soumis par Liax le dim 14/03/2021 - 20:44

Permalien
near to my home i can see street lights, trafic lights, roundabout, crossing, crossroad and signepost. I leave in the city center

Soumis par Afina le dim 14/03/2021 - 15:30

Permalien
I can see the road,crossroad,pavement and traffic lights from my window. Here is no square,signposts and roundabouts near my home. But it is crossroad and bus stop not far from my home.

Soumis par azzkrds le mar 02/03/2021 - 07:14

Permalien
I can see the corner and pavements from our balcony. the traffic lights are 5min away from our home. the bus stop is within walking distance from home. there isn't crossing and roundabout near my home. there are street lights in front of my home to help people can see clearly.

Soumis par Wendy Farrera le dim 28/02/2021 - 04:18

Permalien
We have new signposts around my community

Soumis par Jack Milgram le ven 05/02/2021 - 13:18

Permalien
Wow, it took me some time to consider "pavement." I almost forgot it's the BrE version for the AmE "sidewalk."

Soumis par Bau le jeu 04/02/2021 - 17:43

Permalien
In my village, there are many traffic lights on the street. At night, they turn on the street lighs to help people can see the road clearly.

Soumis par yin thu htet le dim 17/01/2021 - 16:28

Permalien
In my hometown, there are no roundabouts, crossing, pavement anfd traffic lights because it is not a big city.

Soumis par marlio96 le lun 11/01/2021 - 20:49

Permalien
I live in a small town, a village, where there are no traffic lights, crossings, crossroads, roundabouts, and signposts, here there's only a road that crosses the town from north to south, the only one traffic lights that someday existed was broken by the people. There are two squares, one biggest than the other, but the two are nice.

Soumis par Win Pa Pa Aung le dim 03/01/2021 - 03:59

Permalien
Near my town,there are signposts,traffic light,roundabouts,pavements and street lights.

Soumis par ikhay le ven 25/12/2020 - 13:09

Permalien
here near, traffic lights, crossing, crossroads, roundabouts, roads, pavement, signposts, street lights

Soumis par Ayuloraine sit… le mer 18/11/2020 - 03:42

Permalien
Near to my house are traffic lights, signposts, pavement, crossing, street light, croassroads , roads. cause i live in City center .

Soumis par Rafaela1 le lun 16/11/2020 - 12:39

Permalien
Wow, what a tall street light! ;) Wow, what a large square! ;)

Soumis par Inas El Safty le lun 16/11/2020 - 11:32

Permalien
Near my home, there is a roundabout with traffic lights located on its sides.

Soumis par farhad zada le lun 16/11/2020 - 07:40

Permalien
Roundabouts, traffic lights, crossings, crossroads and so others except of pavment. In my town also country we have so little pavements.

Soumis par AprilApple le mar 10/11/2020 - 09:16

Permalien
There is a crossings leading to the park near my home. Besides, there are also many traffic lights on the road near the park, one at the T- junction and a few at the cross road behind the park. Along every road, there are lots of street lights, 1 meter apart each other which shine brightly in the evening and before dawn. Beside the park is a square. It is very important to have crossings, traffic lights and street lights on the road to ensure road safety and smooth traffic especially near the park where lots of people meet everyday.

Soumis par Ismael le jeu 05/11/2020 - 12:15

Permalien
Hello everybody. Near to my house there is an aroundabout called Chapalita beside its very popular for make a holidays. All my neighborhood has street lights, and on the corner there is signs post and traffic lights.

Soumis par Hidde3lupos le mer 04/11/2020 - 19:38

Permalien
If I look out my window I see some street lights. By the way I am living at a corner of a street!

Soumis par carrascodark le dim 01/11/2020 - 19:03

Permalien
In my street we can see a road that not is very circulated, also we can see a corner in the crossroads. In the down of the street we can see a roundabout which is very circulated everyday. To finish, there're a two or three crossings in the roads.

Soumis par alexiaimogen le ven 30/10/2020 - 06:46

Permalien
There's a long main road near my house, so it has so many street lights.

Soumis par Clitus le ven 23/10/2020 - 12:34

Permalien
The streetlights near my home are fade out and the pavement has been ruined by heavy rain.

Soumis par habibao.medo le dim 18/10/2020 - 14:48

Permalien
i can see a lot of corner and the main street is in the front of us also there is a park

Soumis par ali raja le lun 12/10/2020 - 08:17

Permalien
the traffic lights and signpost round about every thing is important who drive the car

Soumis par flavie.A le jeu 08/10/2020 - 00:19

Permalien
I live in a neighborhood of a big city. Not far from my home is a bus stop. We can also see many signposts the corners of some roundabouts,this enables users to easily choose their way. Early in the morning, traffic is very dense due to the fact that many go to work as well as those who go to schools. It is always very difficult to leave from one place to another at rush hours and it's better not to waste time on crossings for some indisciplined drivers don't mind giving way to people on foot. More to that, pavements are not secured enough. My favorite time is at night fall when street lights turn on. All the roads become so bright and it's really very beautiful to admire.

Soumis par Usama Razzaq le ven 18/09/2020 - 11:18

Permalien
Near my house,there is a road, bus stop and some sign posts. There is also a street light and many corners. But there are no traffic lights, no square, no cross roads, no roundabouts and no crossing. Traffic is always there on main road.

Soumis par Brian H.A le mer 09/09/2020 - 16:32

Permalien
Near my house there is a crossing for people, signpost for drivers and street lights. The only thing missing is a suitable stop for the bus and avoiding more traffic

Soumis par Campos jorge le mer 09/09/2020 - 03:06

Permalien
My home is located near the scqured and traffic

Soumis par Maff le mer 09/09/2020 - 01:03

Permalien
My house is located near the main roads, we are near the square and the streets have public lighting.

Soumis par César Ortiz Romero le mer 09/09/2020 - 00:34

Permalien
I can see sometimes more traffic lights what roundabouts

Soumis par Pola le mar 08/09/2020 - 19:54

Permalien
My home is located far away from main roads but we are near by streets and street lights.

Soumis par amisita le lun 07/09/2020 - 12:29

Permalien
My house is in the corner of crossroads. there are four traffic lights and crossing in evrey side of the street. more further than my house there is a roundabout with signposts.

Soumis par Sai Minn le lun 24/08/2020 - 09:54

Permalien
Most of those things can't be seen near my home since i lives in a village(country site). Road and signposts are the things i usually sees in my area.

Soumis par Asni le sam 22/08/2020 - 23:01

Permalien
Apart from roundabouts and the town square that is roughly 10 minutes away driving from home, I can see all the remaining things near here. There are no roundarounds, but instead we have a lot of traffic lights on the crossroads. Although there are many crossings, you should be very careful especially, when there are no traffic lights because a few drivers give way to people on foot. One more thing that I like about the area are the street lights, roads and streets are always brightened which makes you feel a bit more secure, particularly in winter.

Soumis par Daniela Zapata le jeu 20/08/2020 - 19:36

Permalien
My home is a pacefull place, which is far from the center of the city. There are a lot of singpsts in every corner to indicate the number of the street. Also I can see street lights, traffic lights and crossings. There are some bus stops and little roundabouts.

Soumis par John A. le jeu 20/08/2020 - 16:58

Permalien
In France, there is a lot of roundabouts, use for traffic regulation but also used for street decoration. Some of them are very famous and people come to see them.

Soumis par naddy le ven 14/08/2020 - 09:19

Permalien
hi, is this correct Neighbourhoods area, and is it singular or plural

Hello naddy,

Off the top of my head, I can't think of a context in which 'neighbourhoods area' would be correct. It might be 'neighbourhood's area' (as in 'in my grandparents' neighbourhood's area there are no restaurants'), but that's a little awkward.

Without having a better idea of what it means, I'm afraid I can't even say if it's singular or plural or much else about it. If you can provide the sentence it's in, and even the sentences before and after, I expect one of us can work out what it means.

Best wishes,

Soumis par TRAN LAM THIEN NHI le lun 10/08/2020 - 12:21

Permalien
In my hometown, there are lots of traffic lights had been located along two sides of the street. In that case, it helps the street always bright and safety even when you walk along.

Soumis par Ramazan Altınışık le jeu 30/07/2020 - 13:21

Permalien
My home is in far away from city town so I don't see traffic light so much but street lights are in middle of the road. There is a crossroads in 200 meters away from my home. There is a roundabouts in 1 kilometer away from my house. Of course we walk on pavements in the road.