Booking a table

Listen to someone booking a table in a restaurant to practise and improve your listening skills.

Do the preparation task first. Then listen to the audio and do the exercises.

Staff: Hello, Gino's.

Jamie: Hi. Can I book a table for tomorrow night, please?

Staff: How many people is it for?

Jamie: Four.

Staff: And what time would you like?

Jamie: About eight, eight thirty maybe?

Staff: Let's see ... We're pretty busy tomorrow, so I can do half past seven or nine.

Jamie: Oh. OK, then. Half seven, please.

Staff: What name is it?

Jamie: Jamie.

Staff: J-A- ...?

Jamie: M-I-E

Staff: OK, so that's a table for four at half past seven tomorrow evening.

Jamie: Great. Thanks! Bye.

Staff: Bye.

Staff: Hello, Gino's.

Jamie: Hi, I called earlier to book a table for four and I was wondering if I can make it for six instead?

Staff: Ah, what name was it?

Jamie: It's Jamie.

Staff: Table for four at half past seven. So you want to change it to 6 o'clock?

Jamie: No, sorry. Can I make it for six people?

Staff: Oh, I see. Sorry! That shouldn't be a problem. I can move you to a bigger table but it will be nearer the kitchen. Is that OK?

Jamie: No problem. Is it possible to change the time as well? Make it a little bit later?

Staff: Ah ... yeah, we can. Is eight OK for you?

Jamie: Perfect, thanks!

Staff: Lovely. See you tomorrow, then.

Jamie: Thanks! Bye!

Staff: Thanks. Ciao!

Worksheet76.85 Ko

Soumis par Phạm Thị Mỹ Dung le ven 03/12/2021 - 07:17

Permalien

I rarely eat out at luxurious restaurants because they get expensive. I usually go to street vendors where the food is awesome and various. many dishes have flavor amazing that you must stand in line in long to can buy, and the air is comfortable and crowded that is interesting for me. there are lots of famous chefs who came to enjoy street food. that is an outstanding point in my country. I wish I could sample all the food in whole my country.

Soumis par dylanharris le lun 29/11/2021 - 09:20

Permalien

I'm Vietnamese and I love our food very much, so I like to eat in a Vietnamese restaurant with lots of traditional foods.

Soumis par Alaa Eldin Ade… le mer 10/11/2021 - 18:42

Permalien

My favourite kind of restaurants is pizza.

Soumis par ema sab le ven 05/11/2021 - 21:36

Permalien

I love traditional Egyptian food restaurants

Soumis par Ehsan le mar 02/11/2021 - 09:53

Permalien

I would like to try all restaurants, and all kind of foods.

Soumis par LamVanPhuong le lun 01/11/2021 - 13:29

Permalien

it's a nice restaurant with a good view and delicious foods

Soumis par metacaro90 le sam 30/10/2021 - 03:16

Permalien

My favourite kind of restaurant is the Italian food, it's delicious and wonderful, I love it.

Soumis par KyawMinThu le sam 23/10/2021 - 10:25

Permalien

I prefer Burmese Restaurant. Burmese foods are simple and delicious.
Butter rice and pork curry is my favorite one in Burmese Food.

Soumis par angelomr le mar 19/10/2021 - 17:23

Permalien

My favorite restaurant is where there are foods. LOL

Soumis par Moses Habarugira le mar 19/10/2021 - 08:21

Permalien

On préparation task, only three line can be opened.

Hello Moses Habarugira,

I'm sorry you've had trouble completing the task. I've checked it and it worked for me.

When you want to add another sentence to a group, you have to click or press on the small white hand at the side of the words already in the box. If you don't do this, then the new words will stay but the old words will disappear from the box.

It's a little difficult to explain, so please let me know if you'd like me to explain it again.

Soumis par MartaGali le lun 18/10/2021 - 16:27

Permalien

My favorite kind of restaurant is a quiet one with good food.

Soumis par Fabiana dos Sa… le ven 15/10/2021 - 20:19

Permalien

My restaurant favorite is japenese food

Soumis par Laura123 le mer 13/10/2021 - 07:27

Permalien

My favourite restaurant is a typical Spanish one, where tradicional food is seved.

Soumis par vuhoap le lun 11/10/2021 - 14:35

Permalien

I rarely go to restaurant. When i was child, my family always ate together at home. Until now, even though I live far from home, I still keep the habit of eating at my room.

Soumis par Suraj paliwal le lun 04/10/2021 - 10:10

Permalien

My favourite restaurant is indian restaurant.

Soumis par Alexis Jara le lun 04/10/2021 - 08:20

I live in Callao, Perú. The food is very delicious in any restaurant here

Soumis par Minnu le mer 15/09/2021 - 09:55

Permalien
I don’t have any favourite kind of restaurant and I love to eat all kind of foods but I’m not a foodie person.Although I like Arabic food bit more. . However I only eat from a restaurant once in a blue moon because I try to incorporate homemade food into my diet because of health concern.

Soumis par FGOUAJEU le jeu 19/08/2021 - 16:05

Permalien
My favourite kind of restaurant is Japanese restaurant

Soumis par Bmorales le mer 18/08/2021 - 03:11

Permalien
Oh, I love Venezuelan food because it is tropical, innovative and varied, that is definitive

Soumis par YinLiXing le mer 04/08/2021 - 09:54

Permalien
Chinese restaurant is my favorite kind of restaurant.

Soumis par KATIELLE RAIAN… le lun 05/07/2021 - 15:40

Permalien
My favorite restaurants are Brazilian and Italian.

Soumis par saeedebrahimip le sam 12/06/2021 - 11:56

Permalien
I'd love to go to the Iranian restaurants because they are originality.

Soumis par Munirah Saad 20 le dim 02/05/2021 - 22:59

my favorite kind of restaurant are Indian and Italian food

Soumis par Geydibayona07 le lun 12/04/2021 - 21:10

Permalien
I love all Colombian food, it is very tasty. sometimes I like to eat pasta in italian restaurants, I love pasta because I can add cheese.

Soumis par PuenteD le dim 11/04/2021 - 17:02

Permalien
I love food and eat, so i don't have any favourite, but I don't like industrial drinks...

Soumis par Andrea Valencia le jeu 01/04/2021 - 22:56

Permalien
The Italian restaurant is my favorite restaurant. I love the French restaurant too.

Soumis par Rafaela1 le mer 31/03/2021 - 13:12

Permalien
I rarely eat out due to ..... ;X I can cook up like a chef. ;)

Soumis par Trang.22111994 le mer 31/03/2021 - 06:21

Permalien
My favourite restaurant is "Baoz". I often go to that dimsum restaurant once a month with my husband. The tasty is very good and the price too.

Soumis par Nader Ahmed le sam 27/03/2021 - 13:15

Permalien
My favorite restaurant is the sea gul restaurant for seafood and Hany Elgarary for Arabic food.

Soumis par erum le sam 27/03/2021 - 05:53

Permalien
Hello Everyone. My favourite kind of restaurant is the clean restaurant where you can sit easily and happily. I like those restaurants where staff is friendly, helpful and cooperative. Thank you.

Soumis par sanazmajidi le mer 24/03/2021 - 09:30

Permalien
I don't have the exact favorite restaurant but I prefer Iranian foods or something spicy like Indian or Mexican. I love them. but sometimes I feel to eat Italian food especially types of pastas.

Soumis par tvkien le mer 24/03/2021 - 02:37

Permalien
Not much, I don't go to the restaurant much because I like to make food at home. But sometimes, I and my wife go to the restaurant seafood buffet for the event

Soumis par feyarita le mar 23/03/2021 - 15:16

Permalien
My favorite restaurant is home made restaurant.

Soumis par DarwinM le mar 16/03/2021 - 23:16

Permalien
My favourite kind of restaurants are chifas and coastal ones because I really love shrimps, ceviche, chop suey and chaulafan, for example.

Soumis par Minh le mar 16/03/2021 - 16:45

Permalien
Well. I'm originally from Viet Nam, so my favorite is traditional Viet Nam meal. Therefore, I always take my family to the Vietnamese restaurant. On the other hand, all kind of cuisines in my country is well known in the world. Most of tourists are keen on tasting them. That is reason why I proudly say to my country. Moreover, we have a number of fabulous sightseeing which are extremely in the world. If you come there one time, I ensure that you are never forget about my country. It is a amazing place which is worth for traveling.

Soumis par MikhailZatopliaev le lun 15/03/2021 - 21:55

Permalien
My favorite restrain is Mama Roma. It is Italian food. I like paste, It is so delicious.

Soumis par Marce-English le mer 10/03/2021 - 19:02

Permalien
My favourite restaurant is Chinese food, but I prefer my type of food which is Ecuadorian, I have been to many countries and I have tried many delicious dishes and I have not found anything similar.

Soumis par Giuliana le lun 08/03/2021 - 02:43

Permalien
Honestly I don't have a favourite type of restaurant because i don't go a lot of restaurants but i like to go a restaurants when are homemade food and are vegetarian food ('cause i'm vegatarian). Also I like a restaurants when there are a beautiful, comfortable and good service!

Soumis par TIa vinaka le lun 08/03/2021 - 02:14

Permalien
I can't choose my favorite restaurant because I like a lot of type of food. I like restaurants which serve tasty meals and have good atmosphere.

Soumis par mirtha le jeu 04/03/2021 - 20:33

Permalien
My favourite kind of restaurant are All you can eat and Buffet.

Soumis par Dandara Silva le mer 03/03/2021 - 20:57

Permalien
my favorite kind of restaurant is steak-house. I love barbecue.