The first English class

Listen to a teacher give students information about a new course to practise and improve your listening skills.

Do the preparation task first. Then listen to the audio and do the exercises.

Hello, everyone. Hello! It's nice to see you all here. Welcome to British Life and Language. I am your teacher. My name is Lindsay Black. That's L-I-N-D-S-A-Y Black. Before we begin, some information about the class.

Our class is in room 13, on the first floor. When you go upstairs, turn left to find the room. Again, that's room 13.

We have class twice a week, on Monday and Wednesday. Our class begins at 4.30 p.m. and lasts 90 minutes, so we finish at 6 p.m. That's 4.30 to 6. Please arrive on time, OK?

Also, I have an office hour if you have questions. I'm in office 7B on the second floor. My office hour is Friday at 6 p.m. So, if you have any questions or problems or want to talk to me, it's Friday at 6 p.m. in office 7B.

We begin next week, on March the 13th. That's Monday, March the 13th. The course ends on May the 20th. May the 20th is the last day.

I think that's all ... Oh, one more thing. For this course you need the book. Here it is: British Life and Language Level 1 Student's Book. So, please get a copy of the book. I don't want to see any photocopies of the book, thank you! Remember, it's level 1 student's book. Don't buy the teacher's book.

I think that's all, everyone. I look forward to working with you. See you next Monday!

Do you need to improve your English listening skills?

Worksheet73.33 Ko

A1 English level (elementary)

Soumis par VmGuerrero le jeu 27/02/2020 - 11:15

Permalien
Yes, I have. I usually go on Mondays and Tuesdays evening. I have English class in the Official School of Languages.

Soumis par Talha Munir le mar 25/02/2020 - 19:06

Permalien
Yes I go for English language class at Islamabad city, One of the best institute, alot of people's came for English language, I also daily go for classes. It's alot of fun because we have to study in groups and I like it very much when I talk in English with other group of students

Soumis par Maryam4 le jeu 06/02/2020 - 14:20

Permalien
Do you have an English class? When is it? Where is it? Yes, I have. At 5 P.M Online.

Soumis par MaryaSun le ven 17/01/2020 - 15:18

Permalien
Hi! when i was an university's student i had english class from monday to wednesday, from 8.00 am to 17.00. Firs lesson started the first Monday of May . The last lesson was the last wednesday of June. Now i am attending an english school. I do english lesson once a week, every wednesday for 2 hours: from 6pm to 8pm.

Soumis par shahhoseini le sam 04/01/2020 - 05:34

Permalien
In my country, weeks begin on Saturday. I have an English course. My class is three once a week, on Saturday, Monday and Wednesday. My class begins at 5:00 p.m. and lasts 90 minutes, so it is finished at 6:00 p.m. My class is in room 2 on the second floor.

Soumis par rouhana le jeu 26/12/2019 - 21:05

Permalien
Hello everybody ! No I do not have an English class but I am going to study English at university next year.

Soumis par Fun English le mar 03/12/2019 - 03:35

Permalien
Thanks God finally I can join British Council Website. Honestly I've tried it several times but unfortunately I failed. But now I've succeeded in registering. I hope I can learn ENGLISH a lot from this website.

Soumis par Dariusz le mer 27/11/2019 - 02:31

Permalien
At the moment I don't have an English class beside learning online on this page.

Soumis par Nayara dos San… le mer 23/10/2019 - 03:29

Permalien
No, I do not have an English class. I study English by myself. I would like to be in an English course, but I don't have enough money to pay right now.

Soumis par Abdelmouttalib le jeu 10/10/2019 - 13:21

Permalien
Yes, I did have an English class at High School, it was a lot time ago and it wasn't professional courses.

Soumis par anisfarahin le jeu 03/10/2019 - 21:05

Permalien
I have completed the following lessons for "The first English class". The lecel I choose was Beginner A1.

Hello anisfarahin

I just wanted to explain why we have not published your other comments. Our comments section is for asking questions about or commenting on the content of the page. Sometimes we allow other comments, but if there are too many, this makes it more difficult for other users to use our site.

Thanks in advance for your understanding.

All the best

Soumis par Izzati Saufie le jeu 03/10/2019 - 17:08

Permalien
I have completed the lesson for the first English class. The level that I chose is beginner A1

Hello Izzati Saufie

Thanks in advance for your understanding.

All the best

Soumis par nurnadiahazlan le jeu 03/10/2019 - 11:19

Permalien
I have completes the following lessons for "The first English class". The lecel I choose was Beginner A1.

Soumis par nurul ashikin le jeu 03/10/2019 - 08:19

Permalien
I have completed the lesson for "The First English Class". The level I chose is Beginner A1.

Soumis par fariba le lun 30/09/2019 - 12:28

Permalien
i have an English class at 3: 30 to 6. it is at third flour in education department.

Soumis par Norfadzlinah R455 le lun 23/09/2019 - 15:53

Permalien
this question make me know to learn in English step by step ..

Soumis par shafiqkassim le jeu 19/09/2019 - 08:15

Permalien
I have completed the following lessons of the first english class. The level that I chose was beginner A1 Listening.

Soumis par raza.umar le lun 16/09/2019 - 19:17

Permalien
well I attended the English Class from one of the best institution in my hometown in Gujranwala, Pakistan. I go there for IELTS class. Moreover, I use some online blogs to for IELTS practice.
Profile picture for user AblayeYatera

Soumis par AblayeYatera le ven 06/09/2019 - 21:32

Permalien
My name is Ablaye I live in Senegal i did some english classes, but not I stopped them and I am following at least 5 english clubs per week we have fun while learning english and training in leadership,even in the British council here in Senegal we have an English club every Sunday from 10a.m to 1p.m it's very interesting and helpful And thanks to British council for the jobs they're doing around the world may peace and blessing be upon you
Profile picture for user shahramuteng

Soumis par shahramuteng le dim 18/08/2019 - 13:30

Permalien
Yes, it is related to 11 years ago!!! when I was an undergraduate student. I participated in that on two semesters and it wasn't a good experience. after that, I have never participated in any English class, but nowadays I learn English Online on two sites. Because I want to attempt for IELTS exam.
Profile picture for user Caterina Siligardi

Soumis par Caterina Siligardi le dim 11/08/2019 - 11:03

Permalien
I don't have an English class, because I study on my own with my computer. I follow some websites:for example, English British Council. This is a wonderful website. Congratulations.

Soumis par ayusisi le mer 24/07/2019 - 09:29

Permalien
Yes I have an English class. I take the course for the employee program, so we can learn after finish work. Usually, I attend the English course at 7 until 9 pm.

Soumis par VanVan le jeu 11/07/2019 - 16:46

Permalien
I've had a class English ever, I want to study by myself and now I study hard for the IELTS!

Soumis par Diana0419 le mer 03/07/2019 - 16:33

Permalien
Of course! My university 's major is English, so I have a number of English class from Monday to Friday. I have a listening class every Monday, literature and French class every Tuesday, physical education, speaking and writing class every Wednesday, theory and New of English every Thursday and linguistics and etiquette class every Friday. My class is always in the EE building, such as classroom 301,302,303,304 or in the P building, such as 313, 408 or 405.

Soumis par TatianaS.C le dim 30/06/2019 - 06:56

Permalien
Yes, I have English class. I study every day in my home because it's online course and study some lesson here too.

Soumis par chris-kutte le jeu 27/06/2019 - 17:22

Permalien
I don't have an English class. I currently learn English online at this site.

Soumis par abdalhameed le sam 15/06/2019 - 10:59

Permalien
Yes, I do it's at home it's on the British Council, I really love it.

Soumis par Praveen kumar le jeu 06/06/2019 - 11:38

Permalien
I am currently learning English in this site

Soumis par Rivelino le mer 29/05/2019 - 06:04

Permalien
Yes, I have English class, my class started last week, the days of class are tuesday and thursday at 9.30 a.m to 12:00 p.m.

Soumis par Wahiba le jeu 23/05/2019 - 09:18

Permalien
I have learnt English at berlittz English for 03months from 18h. January to18th April once a week , 4hours every Friday from 2.30pm to 6.30pm. I was very interesting but I find the cours run fastly for me. In the end of the cours I was very tired. So decided to change the method ; Learning slowly at hom with British.

Soumis par Haseena fazal le mer 15/05/2019 - 18:54

Permalien
Yes, I have English class on next monday with Lindsay black in 13th room on first floor. It’s on Monday and Wednesday.

Soumis par brwa le mer 08/05/2019 - 09:39

Permalien
yes i have a class every day at home or at work 30 min per day this site British council is my resource

Soumis par César Árraga le sam 04/05/2019 - 22:58

Permalien
Yes, I do. I have English class the next week, my class will begin on June the 6th at 10.45 a.m and it will last 3 hours. I usually study English at Language Centre of my country.

Soumis par cuong_nguyen le ven 19/04/2019 - 07:44

Permalien
yes, I am learning in the class of Linsay Black's teacher. It's on Monday and Wednesday. It begin on March the 13th. My class in on the first floor, in the room 13. Hope see you soon. Thanks

Soumis par Tramy le sam 13/04/2019 - 10:26

Permalien
Yes. I am learning in the class of Linsay Black's teacher. It's on Monday and Wednesday. It begin on March the 13th. My class is on the first floor, in the room 13.

Soumis par phoopwint le mer 10/04/2019 - 18:04

Permalien
yes,I have.It's every weekend at 3:00 pm until 5:00pm.I joined the calss last four months ago with my friends.Now,I'm trying to fluent in English by studying on this site.

Soumis par Petr le mar 09/04/2019 - 14:32

Permalien
I don't have my English class, but I want learn an English on this site.
Profile picture for user Stanley Alvarez

Soumis par Stanley Alvarez le lun 01/04/2019 - 16:58

Permalien
Yes, I do. I begined an english online course in Sofia-plus platform of SENA Virtual. It is a teaching institute for training-for-work courses online and face-to-face. I have a thematic forum online sessions every monday at 08:00 a.m. until 09:00 a.m. where I can know the activities I must do per week. Also, I have an online questions session every tuesday for two hours starting at 08:00 a.m. for to do any questions if I have doubt. Course started last march 28th and it will finish on may 13th.

Soumis par Akyuz le dim 31/03/2019 - 10:45

Permalien
Yes. I have in Monday and Tuesday at the room 13 in the first floor.

Soumis par Falah Mohammed le dim 31/03/2019 - 07:15