Holiday home adverts

Read two adverts for places to stay on holiday to practise and improve your reading skills.

Do the preparation task first. Then read the text and do the exercises.

Reading text

City flat

Beautiful two-bedroom city flat five minutes' walk from the cathedral. Fully equipped kitchen, living room with a large sofa and chairs, big TV and balcony. The balcony has space for four people to sit and gets the sun in the mornings, and the flat is light and warm. It has Wi-Fi and fast internet. The upstairs bedroom sleeps four people, with two double beds; the downstairs bedroom sleeps two in single beds. The flat is perfect for families and is near shops, bars and restaurants.

Farmhouse

Four-bedroom farmhouse in the countryside. All of the four double bedrooms are en suite with luxury shower and bath. Farm kitchen with barbecue, tables and chairs outside. Great for groups of friends. The supermarket is half an hour by car and you can take a train from the village into the city. Escape from normal life for a few days as we have … NO INTERNET and you can only use mobile phones at the bottom of the garden!

Worksheet57.23 Ko

Soumis par ANOUAR le ven 12/11/2021 - 09:05

Permalien

On holidays, I would prefer to go to a farm house where i can breath a fresh air and enjoy the beauty of nature with my wife.

Soumis par ayaabdo le mar 26/10/2021 - 00:36

Permalien

I'd like to go to the capital to visit different places there.

Soumis par LamVanPhuong le lun 25/10/2021 - 11:04

Permalien

maybe i will choose the flat in the city for my holiday because i like noisy and the most important thing is i can't live if have no internet.

Soumis par Suraj paliwal le ven 15/10/2021 - 19:27

Permalien

I choose farmhouse because I'm very bored to using smartphone. I try to get rid of this. I like place where no internet have.

Soumis par KATIELLE RAIAN… le dim 11/07/2021 - 14:55

Permalien
Wow, I love traveling! At the moment, I am thinking of visiting Cancun, Mexico.

Soumis par Laura390 le jeu 27/05/2021 - 02:51

Permalien
I need a house near of the city but this should be in the countryside, with one bedroom and a confortable doube bed, for two people. Fully equiped kitchen and I don´t need that this be luxury however the house will have beautiful spaces.

Soumis par Marilyncc le lun 17/05/2021 - 14:19

Permalien
I'd enjoy spending time on holiday in a farmhouse

Soumis par Rafaela1 le mer 05/05/2021 - 13:00

Permalien
I'd like to choose a farmhouse as a holiday to take a social distance. ;)

Soumis par Suraj paliwal le mer 05/05/2021 - 05:31

Permalien
I would like flat in countryside because I want to see many countries like itely England etc.. I also like live in farmhouse without internet and people.

Soumis par DarwinM le mer 14/04/2021 - 22:16

Permalien
I'd choose a farmhouse for holidays because I like barbecue and the nature.

Soumis par Aye Chan Moe le mar 13/04/2021 - 12:24

Permalien
If I were to choose 1 of em', I'd choose the farmhouse for a Holiday. Why? Because, Everything there is fresh and It can even reduce your stress. But, As there are advantages of your choice, There could be disadvantages, too.

Soumis par victor.07 le jeu 08/04/2021 - 22:20

Permalien
I would choose the country house because I never lived in the country and I think it would be fun

Soumis par Brenda Patrici… le lun 05/04/2021 - 16:10

Permalien
I would choose the farmhouse, because I like to be on the countryside and I like my family prepare a barbacue outside.

Soumis par Shadi le mar 30/03/2021 - 15:23

Permalien
I would like a farmehouse , i think it's airy , sunny , and more comfortable for me , and for sure to make barbecue

Soumis par Andrea Valencia le dim 28/03/2021 - 21:27

Permalien
I would like a nice city flat in a nice city like Paris, London or Venice. I would like a nice farmhouse in a nice country like Italy, Holland or France.

Soumis par Natasa Tanasa le ven 26/03/2021 - 09:38

Permalien
Dear all, I am a little bit confused when I have to say for example: I sit IN a chair / I sit ON a chair OR: There is a ball on the armchair / in the armchair There is a ball on / in the chair. What is correct? I am looking forward to hearing from you!

Soumis par Kirk le ven 26/03/2021 - 10:09

En réponse à par Natasa Tanasa

Hello Natasa Tanasa,

We usually say 'sit in a chair' when the chair is an armchair; it's as if it were a semi-enclosed space. In most other cases, people say 'on a chair'.

You might hear people say 'in' sometimes, but I teach my students the rule that I described above.

Hope this helps.

Soumis par MikhailZatopliaev le sam 20/03/2021 - 09:54

Permalien
It sounds good to spend weekend in FarmHouse. I like a barbecue and fresh air.

Soumis par Rafaela1 le lun 15/03/2021 - 12:52

Permalien
I would like to stay at a farmhouse with some animals. Fantastic! ;)

Soumis par Veronikka le lun 15/03/2021 - 00:04

Permalien
Definitely I prefer the farmhouse for a holiday. I like the quiet places. Before I lived in the city, but now I live in a cottage. I adore this kind of places because I feel so good.

Soumis par TIa vinaka le sam 06/03/2021 - 01:37

Permalien
I would choose the farm house for my holiday. I would like to relax surrounded by nature sound.

Soumis par senaguner le lun 01/02/2021 - 03:27

Permalien
I like quiet and peaceful places for on holiday. Therefore I prefer farmhouse. I relax countryside. I love trees, flowers and nature. I like to trekking in forest.

Soumis par In le lun 25/01/2021 - 07:11

Permalien
I prefer the farmhouse to disconnect from the city, to be in peace in connection with nature.

Soumis par Leila77 le dim 24/01/2021 - 07:48

Permalien
I definitely prefer the farmhouse for a holiday. I like being in a quiet place, it's more relaxing.

Soumis par German le mer 13/01/2021 - 00:53

Permalien
I would like to travel for holidays to Germany or France and I would like a farmhouse, with a large kitchen and a garden.

Soumis par Tatiana barrera le mar 15/12/2020 - 02:40

Permalien
I would travel to a farmhouse because I love the environment' naturals. Whit this option I would enjoy my holidays with my family or friends because I wouldn´t use my cellphone(this place doesn't have internet)

Soumis par Aidana Omirbek le ven 04/12/2020 - 08:52

Permalien
I prefer farmhouse because I like fresh air and green garden. I think farmhouse comfortable place for holiday.

Soumis par Nurieta le mer 18/11/2020 - 22:01

Permalien
I prefer a quiet place. We usually go to a Hotel in Cadiz, because is a beautiful place, where you can find relax, you can practice sport, you can go to the beach .... everything there, is really amazing. The bedroom has everything you need, a comfortable bed, a big bath, a balcony with a table and chairs ... all you need for be happy during your holidays.

Soumis par Pedro Javier le ven 13/11/2020 - 16:03

Permalien
I would like to choose the farmhouse because it is far from the city away from the noise and stress, in the countryside we can breathe clean air and enjoy nature, we could swim in a river or lake or to have a great barbecue, I really prefer to rest in a quiet place with very few people

Soumis par acis le lun 09/11/2020 - 14:41

Permalien
I sometimes would like to be away from everything and therefore i could choose farmhouse for a holiday.However I sometimes would like to travel in any city with my family or my friends.in short the decision i make depens on what i want.

Soumis par alexiaimogen le jeu 22/10/2020 - 06:32

Permalien
I prefer to go on holiday to a place that doesn't have many people, good accommodation and services, and warm weather.

Soumis par menna emad le mar 20/10/2020 - 21:40

Permalien
I prefer the countryside because it's a calm place. there we feel the peace of mind and soul, we smell fresh and clear air. and the green view there is amazing. I live in a city, but in summer we love to take break from the noise and go to rural areas where we can enjoy and have time to think & work effectively as well.

Soumis par wiwin le jeu 15/10/2020 - 14:51

Permalien
As a person living and working in a city, I would love to spend my holidays in the countryside. yes, it is time to escape from hectic and busy life and get close to the nature. Well, for me nature heal. Go spending your time at the beach while barbecuing,picnic. Go see a spectacular view of the nature and go get fresh air is all I want!

Soumis par Moon Wathan le ven 09/10/2020 - 10:12

Permalien
I would like to choose farm house because I want to escape from normal life for a few days and I want to go with my friends. I decide to travel like that place with my friend. I think that it is fun for me and friends. After finishing the lockdown cause of the Corona, I want to travel to that places.

Soumis par Hyuka le sam 03/10/2020 - 15:01

Permalien
I love the second one.I would like to take a break from my normal life and don't want to spend too much time on social medias and just want to talk here and there to my friends in person.I bet that would be fun and great way to relax our body and mind.

Soumis par habibao.medo le sam 03/10/2020 - 14:43

Permalien
i would like to go to something like the flat because of the wi-fi but i would like to go to the farmhouse with my friends i think it will be amazing

Soumis par Asni le mer 16/09/2020 - 22:06

Permalien
For a holiday, I'd choose a house in the countryside and near the sea where I can enjoy nature with my family.

Soumis par shelly le mar 08/09/2020 - 10:31

Permalien
I would like to choose my holiday in the countryside near sea with my family. Every morning we can enjoy the first sunlight, maybe in the evening we can take a shor walk on the beach. Living in the monotonous city everyday, I really need to escape from air pollution and noise, and put the mobile phone aside for a week. Thinking nothing for a while will be a good way to improve our physical and mental health. Also, the house needs to be suitable, with all facilities in case we want to cook some healthy food and play some small games.

Soumis par sonjoy le dim 06/09/2020 - 11:38

Permalien
Actually, i prefer the place which one is come and quite and far away from city life,yes it is countryside. I think we visit different places for getting relaxation and finding trouble free life, in that sense farmhouse will be one of the best place for enjoying my wonderful holidays.According to passage, as there is no internet in Farmhouse so we can utilize our stunning time with gossiping and playing games.This is good sign to close to each other and nature.

Soumis par Faheem Khan le mar 18/08/2020 - 13:10

Permalien
i would like to choose farmhouse because our family is large. so we can takes ourself easy

Soumis par Maria19 le lun 03/08/2020 - 21:49

Permalien
I would choose a farmhouse. My family and I prefer pastoral, quiet and relaxed places to hear the birds chirping and see the nature around us.

Soumis par sribashu30 le mar 28/07/2020 - 03:06

Permalien
I would like to know the correct answer: 1)Lisa is an actor and a writer. 2)Lisa is an actor and writer. In my opinion no 2 is correct as only one article (here- a) is applicable in case of same one person. I case of no 2,I think here two indefinite articles are wrongly used to refer two persons whereas only one person is there. Help me please to know the correct answer.

Hello sribashu30,

Both are correct.

You asked the same, or a very similar, question on another page (here) and I explained there the reason. Please post questions once only as multiple postings only slow the process down.