Notes at work

Read some short messages to practise and improve your reading skills.

Do the preparation task first. Then read the text and do the exercises.

Reading text

Mario called. He wants you to call back before 7 p.m.

Sales meeting this afternoon at 12 noon. Meeting Room 2.

Pens ready for collection between 10 a.m. and 3 p.m.

Jackie is leaving the office at 4 p.m. today. Please remember to lock the doors. The keys are in your drawer.

Do you need to improve your English reading skills?

Worksheet80.67 Ko

A1 English level (elementary)

Soumis par Youssef Er-rafay le mer 08/07/2020 - 18:37

Permalien
I once leave a note to my mom , and the note get lost , and it was really important , since then I stopped leaving notes on the table or on the fridge , because it may fly and get lost , the best way to leave notes or ask about anything is by using social media , that’s what i daily use to leave notes.

Soumis par Ronake le mar 30/06/2020 - 21:53

Permalien
Usually, I send messages to my co-workers and friends when I want to let them know about something, or ask any information that I need. I think the most appropriate manner is to send messages in the phone or other apps like Viber or What's app. Sometimes notes can be lost, or fly in the office and the person won't be able to get your messages
Profile picture for user Hennadii

Soumis par Hennadii le mer 24/06/2020 - 13:50

Permalien
I rarely leave notes. They may get lost on the table, especially on the cluttered one. I think text messages are more trusted. Of course, if it's urgent I will try to get someone on the phone and don't forget about e-mails. They have a useful option - reminding ))

Soumis par SimbuKrishnan le ven 12/06/2020 - 05:10

Permalien
Firstly, I would prefer to send a text or email and then give a call to remember the person to see the messages

Soumis par Thucuoi le sam 06/06/2020 - 10:17

Permalien
when i can't call someone or in the non-urgent cases, i usually sent text massage on zalo or facebook. I almost don't leave someone a note because i am afraid that they will be lost.
Profile picture for user Onur

Soumis par Onur le jeu 04/06/2020 - 13:45

Permalien
I would rather leave notes than send text messages. Particularly for work.

Soumis par Shaista le mar 02/06/2020 - 12:41

Permalien
I don't think that I've written note ....basically I prefer to text or call......according to me it's better way to inform....as in this time as we wake up first we take a glance on our phones so it's better to text

Soumis par casssioesousa le lun 25/05/2020 - 19:08

Permalien
I prefer to send email message then call.

Soumis par Nyanko Neko le jeu 21/05/2020 - 15:50

Permalien
i usually leave messages by email. And then in my freetime i will check all and reply

Soumis par BOU Hamid le mar 12/05/2020 - 00:58

Permalien
Normally. I like to send text messages for people.

Soumis par jason2295 le ven 24/04/2020 - 23:55

Permalien
I prefer to send a message using my cell phone or leave a text in whatsapp.

Soumis par Djoo le jeu 23/04/2020 - 07:15

Permalien
I usually leave messages for people And I aften send them text messages

Soumis par FRANCY JACQUEL… le mar 14/04/2020 - 11:55

Permalien
I usually leave messages by imail or by whathssap, I don't like to leave written notes.

Soumis par Melsaied264 le sam 11/04/2020 - 03:18

Permalien
I normally text messages to my colleagues ,but lately I am leaving notes to them at the office board to keep it formal as some of them deny receiving the messages I send.but if I need them urgent I have to call them
Profile picture for user zabiullah

Soumis par zabiullah le dim 05/04/2020 - 16:25

Permalien
i normally leave massege my colleagues and friends but sometimes i call them if i need them urgendly....actaully when i participate meeting with my boss or clients in this situation take some notes bxz very important...
Profile picture for user Berny Herrera

Soumis par Berny Herrera le mer 25/03/2020 - 17:51

Permalien
I used to send texts notes when I was a teen, to a girl I used to like a lot. Now, she´s married (not with me) and I don´t use to send text notes but whattsap text messages, email messages and phone messages.
Profile picture for user Sergei Baskakov

Soumis par Sergei Baskakov le mar 24/03/2020 - 13:25

Permalien
I always send e-mails or write text messages on social networks to my colleagues

Soumis par pacha809 le ven 06/03/2020 - 09:34

Permalien
When I was manager of a elementary school in the years 1990 to 2005, text messages didn't exist yet. So the majority of communications for the parents or for tne teachers were made oraly or by writing notes.

Soumis par Alaa Basha le jeu 13/02/2020 - 09:26

Permalien
I actually I send text using my cell phone. I feel it's more practical than others.
Profile picture for user Hajer sea

Soumis par Hajer sea le mar 04/02/2020 - 15:43

Permalien
sometimes I leave a text message or notes massage.

Soumis par shahhoseini le lun 30/12/2019 - 13:47

Permalien
When I leave my house, I usually write a note to my wife and tell her where did I go.
Profile picture for user Magedelabd

Soumis par Magedelabd le mer 25/12/2019 - 13:34

Permalien
Actually if I am in work I send emails and send voice messages through the what is up if I am busy . and if the issue is not related to work , i use the what is up , Facebook and so on .
Profile picture for user hoailinh

Soumis par hoailinh le ven 08/11/2019 - 02:42

Permalien
I have just been graduated from University. So, before I used to send a text message for people instead of leave notes. But now, I work in the office and I start leave notes for people in my office. I think we should send a text message for people who we are not sure them return to the office that day. If I were sure that them return to the office that day, I would leave a note for them. Anyway, leaving a note or sending a text message, the ultimate goal is the recipient knows the information when they're not there. So, you can choose either.

Soumis par Hoan Yen le sam 19/10/2019 - 06:07

Permalien
Hi. I'm Yen. I often leave my message by notes or e-mail. When I was in school, I always leave the message for me to remember what things I must do in the day. Besides, I also send a text message to my colleagues to remind them to work and attend the meeting.

Soumis par Abdelmouttalib le sam 12/10/2019 - 10:32

Permalien
I often send messages, it's rarely when i leave notes.

Soumis par Julia Rahma le jeu 18/07/2019 - 02:44

Permalien
Sometimes i send a massage or call if there is urgent business

Soumis par Jamileh le sam 13/07/2019 - 09:10

Permalien
I some times leave The massage and send text massage or voice call

Soumis par cittàutopica le ven 05/07/2019 - 11:54

Permalien
Usually I leave messages for my colleagues by phone or by email.

Soumis par Abdo sleem le mar 02/07/2019 - 16:14

Permalien
Normally I leave messages for me to remember me a plan next day but when I need to inform someone of something I sent voice message or text message in WhatsApp , I can know if he saw it or no .

Soumis par chris-kutte le mar 02/07/2019 - 06:03

Permalien
For my colleagues at work I leave notes on the desk. For family and friends I prefer to send text messages because it is the easiest way to communicate.
Profile picture for user TP

Soumis par TP le dim 30/06/2019 - 04:06

Permalien
I sometimes leave messages for people. It happens mostly if I'm on leave. I leave a note if many people to see it. For my family and friends, I usually send text messages.

Soumis par Kavi le dim 30/06/2019 - 04:05

Permalien
I usually leave a message.It's very easy and safety.

Soumis par Praveen kumar le sam 15/06/2019 - 10:42

Permalien
I leave a message it is a better way to convey the information

Soumis par Setareh le mar 30/04/2019 - 03:50

Permalien
I usually send text massage for my manager because maybe he will be in meeting. but for my colleagues in the office I leave note for them on his deck;
Profile picture for user MAO

Soumis par MAO le mar 09/04/2019 - 13:53

Permalien
Owing to the prospect of electronic products, I always leave messages by texting or sending emails. Nowadays, everyone gets their phones, accompanying by internet, with them all the time rather than brings notes with them. It is very convenient and environment-friendly to do this.

Soumis par SaraA le lun 08/04/2019 - 22:35

Permalien
Usually, I write a note to my colleagues. I use WhatsApp also for a quick message.
Profile picture for user Esther Chinwe

Soumis par Esther Chinwe le jeu 28/03/2019 - 11:05

Permalien
I do leave messages either by text or by sending an email
Profile picture for user Stanley Alvarez

Soumis par Stanley Alvarez le lun 18/03/2019 - 15:42

Permalien
I can leave a message two forms: with a text message or with notes, all depends to who I'm going to leave message and situations. For example, when I want to notify my niece about she must prepare salad for lunch, because I'm going to go out the house, I usually leave her a note in kitchen. But, when I want to advert my sister about a job call, I usually send her a text message.