A text message invitation

Learn how to write a text message invitation to a friend.

Reading text
Sandra
online

Hey! Want to meet for a drink after work?

14:16

Cool, what time do you finish?

14:21

Late as always crying

14:22

Me too. Msg me when you leave

14:22

OK. Where do you want to go?

14:23

IDK. I might be hungry tho

14:24

Good point.

14:25

I'll think of somewhere to eat.

14:25

I know what you're like when you're hungry! wink

14:27

LOL, I'm not that bad!

14:31

Don't worry. We can meet at the bus stop and decide then.

14:31

yes See you later

14:32

Tips

1. You don't need to write complete sentences.
  2. You can use abbreviations like LOL (= laugh out loud) or IDK (= I don't know) to save time.
  3. Use emojis smiley to add feelings.
  4. You don't need to use full stops (.) at the end of messages.

Worksheet147.26 Ko

Soumis par lavande1983 le sam 09/01/2021 - 21:00

Permalien
I prefer to speak to friends to make plan or to demande information. I hate sending message because i waste a lot of time. But in working time, i have to send message instead of calling , i dont want to disturb my friends at work

Soumis par Mike Edwards le sam 09/01/2021 - 03:49

Permalien
I prefer to speak to friends rather than texting.

Soumis par German le ven 08/01/2021 - 23:10

Permalien
I prefer speak with my friends to make plans. I don´t like send a lot of messages.

Soumis par Sawyu Nwe le sam 02/01/2021 - 08:00

Permalien
I prefer to send texts. It makes more fun and memories between friendship. Besides, I don’t need to answer back immediately when I have serious matter.

Soumis par vanessa Rodri le jeu 24/12/2020 - 23:18

Permalien
I send lots of text messages to my friends because, unfortunately, they all live in other cities.

Soumis par Suraj paliwal le mar 22/12/2020 - 03:48

Permalien
I prefer text messages when information or questions are short yes/no type. I usually make phone calls when I want to know others openion.

Soumis par Vanessakuzola le sam 19/12/2020 - 00:44

Permalien
Depends of the subject the conversation, if it’s about a big plan I prefer to talk by a call, but if it’s just a meet or something basic , I will rather text for sure

Soumis par Myathtwe le dim 06/12/2020 - 16:01

Permalien
No, I don't use to send text messages to friends.I don't prefer to speak to friends to make my plan. But I prefer to speak my lovely person when I have important plan.

Soumis par El Al le mar 01/12/2020 - 20:38

Permalien
I prefer send messages when the information is short and phone when I want to know the other person's opinion.

Soumis par mrelvinaliyev le sam 28/11/2020 - 07:37

Permalien
When I make plan with my friends we send lots of messages to each other. But I prefer to speak when make plan. Because sending a lot of message is waste time for me.

Soumis par Alex.BC le lun 23/11/2020 - 18:26

Permalien
I prefer to send of text messages to my friends because they might be busy at this time.

Soumis par lesley le dim 22/11/2020 - 22:01

Permalien
I prefer to talk with my friends face to face.

Soumis par Yigitcan le mer 18/11/2020 - 15:12

Permalien
I prefer to send a massage if my friend is far away to me. Also in massages I don't use any abbreviations because I think ridiculous. İf you make short a word Why don't you make short others? At that time we make a sentence just abbreviations.Like''GAS 2U! DQMOT, BSF IDK WCA 2TXT W/LOA.

Soumis par Leonardo de Souza le sam 14/11/2020 - 14:25

Permalien
Definity I send lots message to my friends especially now at quarantine, when we are working at home.

Soumis par frknakgn le mer 11/11/2020 - 15:27

Permalien
I usually talk with my friends about what we will do.We usually go to a cafe and have cup of coffee.

Soumis par Khin Khin Htet le lun 09/11/2020 - 09:13

Permalien
I mostly use phone call . I think that it is faster than text messages !

Soumis par mrelvinaliyev le sam 07/11/2020 - 13:37

Permalien
I prefer to speak with my friends when we make plans.I dont like to send a lot of messages when we make plan.

Soumis par miemiev le jeu 05/11/2020 - 16:56

Permalien
I prefer to speak in person or phone calls, it's making "the progress" faster and this is the best way to communicate by showing emotions, voice tones,... a good way to "express" the story or conversation. Even though I still prefer texting messages sometimes for the polite reasons.

Soumis par Ibi le ven 23/10/2020 - 16:55

Permalien
I like to keep the contact with my friends throught text messenges. Lately, I use to send audios via whatsapp to speak with them and tell anecdotes or some things. I dont use to make telephone calls, just to speak with my mum, dad or brothers or when I need to know something inmediatly I have to get the response quickly.

Soumis par Rafaela1 le ven 23/10/2020 - 15:31

Permalien
I like to speak in person. I have few friends to send text massages like the sample! ;)

Soumis par alexiaimogen le ven 23/10/2020 - 06:28

Permalien
I prefer to speak if it's urgent if it's not then I'll just msg them.

Soumis par raginirags le jeu 22/10/2020 - 13:16

Permalien
i mostly use text msgs to text my friend about any plan but sometimes i prefer a dial

Soumis par Victor Hugo Fl… le lun 19/10/2020 - 20:17

Permalien
I definitely send a lot more text messages, to communicate with my friends and make plans.

Soumis par Babydoll le dim 18/10/2020 - 00:47

Permalien
All depends on my mood and time. Sometimes I prefer texting people. Other times I enjoy talking on the phone.

Soumis par Nway le ven 16/10/2020 - 11:54

Permalien
I don't prefer texting to someone and like to call. If i send messages , i use emojis and abbreviation . I think emojis are so cute .

Soumis par Rafaela1 le dim 11/10/2020 - 12:57

Permalien
I like the word "IDK" somehow. It sounds like "DIY"! ; )

Soumis par aungyekyaw le dim 11/10/2020 - 05:39

Permalien
I texting message to my partner for share jobs information . We usually use this method.

Soumis par Moon Wathan le mar 06/10/2020 - 11:18

Permalien
Yes, I am not only text message but also call to my friends to hangout. I always do like that.

Soumis par habibao.medo le mar 06/10/2020 - 09:50

Permalien
i prefer texting messages to friends instead of calling

Soumis par joselo le mer 30/09/2020 - 03:29

Permalien
Usually, I prefer texting messages. Nowadays I can talk with many of my friends at the same time through social networks which is convenient to better plan with them where we would meet each other.

Soumis par Hyuka le ven 25/09/2020 - 15:21

Permalien
Actually, I like to speak in person with my friends cuz it's gonna be fun cuz we see each other but when it comes to texting messanges I feel bored and don't wanna write some long sentences.So, I sometime talk to my friends by voice messages.

Soumis par Khin Myat Thwin le mar 15/09/2020 - 06:56

Permalien
Normally, I prefer to discuss in person as I make a plan with my friends because we can make better decisions and we can agree or disagree decisively in person , if we do that via text messages on and off it's more likely to lead to misunderstanding between friends.

Soumis par Yonas Tesfamichael le dim 13/09/2020 - 14:09

Permalien
I don't have the patience to wait for long by texting, but if not imp plane it's better to use texting.

Soumis par Lena le ven 11/09/2020 - 10:15

Permalien
I do it both ways. But it's true that texting can be very useful to make plans. It saves time and money. Besides you don't have to be afraid of forgetting where and when you are to meet your friends (the texts are still there in your phone).

Soumis par anguiluciana le mer 09/09/2020 - 23:38

Permalien
I prefer to send lots of text messages to make plans with my mates. And I usually use lots of emojis in my text messages. :)

Soumis par Hayatsalem le lun 31/08/2020 - 07:52

Permalien
I prefer sending text messages just in case the time is inconvenient for them to talk on the phone.

Soumis par Haidar Maula le lun 24/08/2020 - 14:37

Permalien
I have no problem with both options, whether it’s text messages or to speak to friends. I usually do text messages to plan some simple things like a place for dinner, go to the movies, and any other simple things. But when it comes to making serious plans, I prefer to speak directly.

Soumis par Matt18 le lun 24/08/2020 - 07:27

Permalien
I would prefer to text my friends to meet them and I would like to have a cop of coffee with them in a cafe. Otherwise, they call me sometimes for a cop of tea or rarely for a meal ;)

Soumis par Waleed jan223 le jeu 20/08/2020 - 17:53

Permalien
Great I did Great job. I Prefer texting messages to friends Instead calling it saves money and time. And the internet is Available in every were.

Soumis par HeinHtetKyaw le mar 18/08/2020 - 14:47

Permalien
I prefer to talk outside than a text Smg if important situation.

Soumis par syllmz le sam 15/08/2020 - 15:39

Permalien
I send lots of text messages to my friends to meet them somewhere. Sometimes, I prefer to speak to friends to make plans.

Soumis par Maria19 le jeu 06/08/2020 - 15:57

Permalien
Yes, I use a cell phone many hours a day, and prefer to send messages rather than call. For me it is more efficient in terms of time. With it, several tasks can be performed simultaneously.

Soumis par OlaFlower le jeu 06/08/2020 - 06:41

Permalien
I definitely prefer to send messages in most aspects of my life. Everybody agrees that it is more convenient and cheaper or even for free. But on the other hand making plans requires many arrangements and setting the details. For that reason a phone call may be an easier way to find out what your friend's preferences are and faster way to find a compromise.

Soumis par shironeiko le mer 05/08/2020 - 16:09

Permalien
To a group of friends I like messaging in the group chat. It save lots of time and everyone can give their ideas. If I want to meet a friend, I will phone him/her to decide promptly

Soumis par Rafaela1 le mer 05/08/2020 - 13:51

Permalien
I usually use emails more often than text messages....... As you see, I'm a bit a work-oriented person. ;)

Soumis par MammadovAnar le mar 04/08/2020 - 18:01

Permalien
I usually prefer text messages when making a plan with my friends. It is easier and comfortable for me. You know, nowadays many people would rather prefer text messages than speaking like me. People usually use the app WhatsApp for it.

Soumis par Venus le lun 03/08/2020 - 06:53

Permalien
As a Generation Z, it is needless to say that I used to send tons of messages and share a lot of memes on an everyday basis.

Soumis par Phan Bao Dung le dim 02/08/2020 - 18:55

Permalien
I like to speak to friends than send messages to make plans. Because making plans need concentration, discussion, and final agreement. Direct speaking or making a phone call will save more time.

Soumis par AMANI148 le dim 02/08/2020 - 16:53

Permalien
I usually send massage. I found this faster and easier to me and the other.