Changing a meeting time

Listen to two colleagues arranging a meeting to practise and improve your listening skills.

Do the preparation task first. Then listen to the audio and do the exercises.

Lucy: Hi, Anna. Do you have a minute to talk about the meeting next Tuesday?

Anna: Sure. We said 11, didn't we?

Lucy: Yeah, we did. But I have a bit of a problem with the time. Would it be possible to move it?

Anna: Oh, I see. We could postpone it to the afternoon, to 1 p.m., for example. Or bring it forward to earlier in the morning. What would suit you?

Lucy: Could we make it 9 o'clock? That would really help me. I have another important meeting in the central office at 12.

Anna: No problem. It's important you're there.

Lucy: Thanks a lot, Anna.

Anna: Do you need help with any preparation? Did you get the agenda I sent out?

Lucy: Yes, I did. And no, that's all fine, thanks. My report is ready and I'm looking forward to presenting it.

Anna: Great.

Lucy: I can tell Sven about the time change. I'll see him later.

Anna: Don't worry about telling Sven. I'll send an email to everyone to confirm the time has changed and with an updated meeting invite.

Lucy: Great. Thanks, Anna.

Anna: OK. I'm happy that works for you. We really need you there and it's good we don't have to cancel it.

Lucy: See you then. Have a good weekend in the meantime.

Anna: You too.

Do you need to improve your English listening skills?

Worksheet75.61 Ko

Soumis par Anna Goraj le dim 17/05/2020 - 14:33

Permalien
My closet up comming meeting is to do clothing store on Saturday , after then I plan to make an appointement with a hairdresser, change my something interesting . I will go there with my car.

Soumis par Anna Goraj le dim 17/05/2020 - 14:27

Permalien
Hi , my name is Ania . Im 35 years old . I live in a small village of Sieniczno with my family . I' m interested in music and interior decoration .

Soumis par quyenquyen87 le sam 16/05/2020 - 10:58

Permalien
I have a meeting with some friends for 2 weeks ago.At the meeting , we discuss about idea to protect the environment . We plan to organize a specific time and date, how many people will take part in that meeting, is there any problem with the transportation .
Profile picture for user Sergei Baskakov

Soumis par Sergei Baskakov le jeu 14/05/2020 - 13:58

I have to be in online meetings at 9 a.m. and 5 p.m. every day

Soumis par Milena Nikolova le mer 13/05/2020 - 05:55

Permalien
I have a meeting every Day and usualy i use the Outlook.

Soumis par Lauracastanos le mar 12/05/2020 - 00:34

Hello For my meetings I have my calendar in Outlook

Soumis par Fatemeh.Najafzadeh le dim 10/05/2020 - 01:39

Permalien
I used to work at a materials science company and l had a meeting with my colleagues and my boss every Monday at noon, regarding employees function. The meeting time was arranged by our director in advance.

Soumis par Muhiddin le jeu 07/05/2020 - 18:04

Permalien
Hi everybody, I just want to specify regarding the task-1. I am not sure about the correct anwer for sentence 4 in the task 1. I think the correct answer should be either "Anna is sending the agenda now" or the last one "Anna will send the agenda later.". please check and let me know. thanks in advance.

Hello Muhiddin,

In the audioscript you can see that Anna says 'Did you get the agenda I sent out?' This tells us that the correct answer is 'Anna has already sent the agenda'.

You can see the correct answers to all of our tasks. First enter your answers. Click 'Finish' to see your score. Then click 'Show answers' to see the correct answers.

Soumis par Dita Shafira M… le mer 29/04/2020 - 08:16

Permalien
I'll meet my friends at 5 p.m to ngabuburit together because I'm fasting.

Soumis par AnitaPapior le lun 27/04/2020 - 22:10

Permalien
My closest up comming meeting is to do food shopping on Tuesday, after that I am planning to book an appointment to eye specialist, the reason is that I want to change my glasses to contact lenses. I will go there by bus.

Soumis par AnitaPapior le lun 27/04/2020 - 22:04

Permalien
Hi, my name is Anita. Im 33 years old. I live in a picturesque town Podzamcze together with my familly. I am interested in reading books and travelling.

Soumis par S.S le lun 20/04/2020 - 15:50

Permalien
I have to go to internet meeting at the every Monday,Tuesday and Friday morning. So,I don’t have to move from my house.

Soumis par marwa111 le mer 15/04/2020 - 20:33

Permalien
As a teacher, I have at least two meetings each quarter with my colleagues in high school. it allows us to evaluate the level of our students. We prepare a report about each class. The date of this meeting is fixed by the director before two weeks.

Soumis par nguyennga1994 le mar 14/04/2020 - 15:55

Permalien
i always have a meeting with my colleague and my boss on Friday every weeks. we discuss about the results that we did in week and make a plan for next week. i had to make a report before the meeting start. sometimes we have to postpone the meeting cause my boss have a business.

Soumis par tmtri le lun 30/03/2020 - 04:52

Permalien
OK in this lesson i have known about some new words and it's useful for my speaking english. Yeah, thanks a lot. i promise to practice my english every single day, this is my challenge to be more better in english

Soumis par Heba1234 le dim 29/03/2020 - 06:17

Permalien
as usual with teachers they have meetings with their head of the department, so every Sunday I have a meeting with my head and we can say also with my management about how they can arrange these meetings just they by sending emails or by sending messages n what's app group that's it

Soumis par Ginapepa le mer 25/03/2020 - 21:10

Permalien
I going to set a meeting up with all my clients. it would be through Skype because all this situation going on. The meeting will be around at 9:00. I already did the agenda and Just I need sent it out.

Soumis par Eswar le mar 17/03/2020 - 17:42

Permalien
Only Meetings I go with My friends.that meetings are only in weekends.So everyone gathers. at that time we decide where should we go for dinner or lunch depends on That we will move forward

Soumis par Nourhhhan le lun 16/03/2020 - 00:53

Permalien
Hello Can I chat with someone who speak English well cause I want to improve my skills!?
Profile picture for user Kirk

Soumis par Kirk le lun 16/03/2020 - 07:01

En réponse à par Nourhhhan

Hello Nourhhhan

It's a great idea to chat with someone to improve your English. You're certainly welcome to chat with someone here in the comments.

I'm afraid, however, that our House rules prohibit users from sharing personal information such as phone numbers or email addresses. This is for legal reasons.

Sorry!

All the best

Soumis par jason2295 le lun 09/03/2020 - 21:04

Permalien
I have a meeting with some friends from Franch school. Firstly I send a MSN with information and topics we will study, after I accept the meeting and I ask to confirm the place and date. If they have some problem, I suggest to change the metteing, bring forward, cancel or postpone it.

Soumis par pierreab le lun 09/03/2020 - 10:52

Permalien
My only meetings that I have to go there, are to see my friends every morning for drink a coffee ... I have been retired for four days...:-)

Soumis par Giahaitruong le mer 04/03/2020 - 05:53

Permalien
Last month, I had a meeting with my english consultant. First time, we prepared meet on Monday but in that morning and afternoon she had to meet her boss so we had to postpone it in morning the day after. Finally the meeting was successful and I could feel relaxed to go to Tet holiday.

Soumis par MaryaSun le jeu 23/01/2020 - 14:57

Permalien
i have rarely job meeting. Last tuesday i should have met my friend at 2pm but, suddenly, i couldn't meet her. The afternoon before i received a call about a job meeting for the day after at 2pm. i ask at the person who has called me if we can postpone the meeting or move it. But she told me that my request was impossible to accept. I was saddend. i telephoned my friend and cancel our meeting,so.

Soumis par rodrigobasso le mer 22/01/2020 - 17:52

Permalien
It is helping me to learn english and improve my listening skills.

Soumis par john098 le jeu 16/01/2020 - 17:33

Permalien
hmmm... i'm a freshman. In my university, i was always forced to invite some letters and arts show where is not my things,...!!

Soumis par shahhoseini le mer 15/01/2020 - 06:26

Permalien
I had a meeting with my students last week, but I move it to this week on Thursday at 8:30 p.m.

Soumis par Diemquynh9101 le mar 14/01/2020 - 09:29

Permalien
I think i need go to meetings like buddy meeting, group discussions or business planning meetings. I can arrange them appropriately for my schedule..

Soumis par Dariusz le ven 10/01/2020 - 01:29

Permalien
There are lots of reason to planning meet, but usually my typical meet is go out with my friends or girlfriend. I arrange our meet using my smartphone by sending a messages or ringing.

Soumis par Fredandy le jeu 02/01/2020 - 16:42

Permalien
I have a meeting about the activities of the last year. As all meeting, we send an email to all person who have been invited in the meeting. We prepare the agenda and all the documents which are important for the meating (for ex Presentation)

Soumis par doctornada le mer 13/11/2019 - 12:54

Permalien
meetings with my patients she was confused about the operation so she aked me if she should do it or not .I decided to meet her in the sea.

Soumis par f.agadr le lun 04/11/2019 - 13:16

Permalien
f.agadr Hi everybody On my work place we always have meetings;I have nothing to do about arrangement,I have only to accept or refuse the invitations.

Soumis par Maksmatt le lun 07/10/2019 - 10:50

Permalien
Hi everyone, I'm new to the course and this is my first comment. On my workplace we have usually to or three meetings a week, but I have nothing to do with the arrangement.

Soumis par MuhammadAbbas le mar 17/09/2019 - 07:59

Permalien
I have completed the following lessons of A morning briefing, An invitation to a party, and Changing a Meeting Time. The level that I chose was Pre Intermdiate A2 Listening

Soumis par OMER O ALHASSAN le ven 13/09/2019 - 17:32

Permalien
I'm work at IT company. It's have multiple departments and units. I would to move to another department; I'll be going to meeting with department head, he decide I can move or not based on my argument. After accepted, he invite HR to complete process.
Profile picture for user Magedelabd

Soumis par Magedelabd le sam 24/08/2019 - 17:14

Permalien
I have to go to the work meeting . and I have to arrange for discussing the target achievement .

Soumis par Oneiric Sandy le jeu 01/08/2019 - 05:06

Permalien
I had a meeting to translate a passage to English with my team members. First of all, I check the spare time each members had and single out one available to everyone. After that, I confirmed a cafe as the meeting place. Then I made out the agenda, as well as what everyone should bring with themslves, sending it together with an invitation to the members. Finishing the meeting, I would diliver instructions and arrangements to the members.

Soumis par ayusisi le mer 31/07/2019 - 09:02

Permalien
I have a meeting about creating a new product. In this meeting, we told about the background, the purpose and the features for new product.

Soumis par Myat Noe Htke le lun 15/07/2019 - 07:45

Permalien
When I go to the meeting I will collect informations .

Soumis par Sanda le lun 08/07/2019 - 17:20

Permalien
Firstly I have to booked a room. I work in a big company and always we have a problems with available rooms. After I found ones, I have to create meeting agenda. Then I have to invite people and send them the agenda. I have to be sure that all the people that I invited will be there. Then I have to prepare. I have to be sure that I have all the materials and equipments that I need ( flipchart, projector).I need to finish the powerpoint presentation and all the reports that I want to present. I'm pretty sure that are more activities, but these are the main activities that came to my mind.