A weather forecast

Listen to a weather forecast and answer the questions to practise and improve your listening skills.

Do the preparation task first. Then listen to the audio and do the exercises.

Hello and good morning! Well, we're off to a good start in the south this week, as most of the rain from the weekend has disappeared – just a few patches of cloud and maybe some showers here on the east coast. They'll all clear up by lunchtime, though. Over the next day or so, London and the area around Kent can expect a couple of isolated showers, but mostly dry through until Thursday.

It's not such good news for the north-west this week, I'm afraid: more wet weather, and not a lot of sunshine. Some of today's showers will be heavy – and even thundery in Manchester and across the Pennines. Leeds will escape the thunderstorms, with drizzle and light rain only throughout the rest of the day and tonight.

Elsewhere it becomes dry today, but with some foggy patches towards Wales. In England, tomorrow morning will see a dry, bright start in most places, with high temperatures throughout the week. We might see one or two thunderstorms appearing as the week goes on, with temperatures everywhere at 29 to 30 degrees.

By the weekend, unfortunately, the dry weather will make way for mostly cloudy skies and rain. The rain will move from Scotland, down towards the north and reach the south coast by Saturday afternoon. Temperatures, at least, will stay mostly warm at around 21 degrees for the weekend. It might feel like a nice change from the high twenties and early thirties we'll see in the week. That's all from me until tomorrow. Enjoy the mini-heatwave while you can!

Do you need to improve your English listening skills?

Worksheet74.7 Ko

Soumis par Mohamed Fawzy le mar 30/06/2020 - 17:24

Permalien
I know you you guys want to make it real for us, but the teapot is making way too much noise for me.

Soumis par Lizochka le lun 15/06/2020 - 10:18

Permalien
I like warm, bright weather without any rain at all!!!! I like clear, dry weather

Soumis par Sharif Tayyebi le dim 14/06/2020 - 18:53

Permalien
I love bright rainy weather, which is not very warm or very cold. I want to just walk and walk. Lungs can breathe the clean and wet air that you might say "fresh air". If I am walking down the street and some rains hit on my face, I will feel excited. On the other hand, if there is no rainy weather, I will prefer to walk on the yard before sunrise. It is fresh and very nice, especially in the spring or summer season of Kabul. I always wish you clean and nice weather. Regards, Tayyebi

Soumis par IBRAHIM HAMID le dim 14/06/2020 - 08:56

Permalien
I like a winter season, because I feel that I'm in higher activity to achieve my goals and duties. In Sudan the summer season interfered with the autumn which takes most of the year months, the summer is very hot and the autumn very bad in Khartoum state and variation in beauty in other Sudan's state.

Soumis par Miho Watanabe le dim 07/06/2020 - 17:10

Permalien
I like sunny and breeze the best. Because I usually walk with a dog, but I can't do that in a rainy day. My dog and I are bored in a rainy day, so I like sunny. But I hate a sunny day of summer in Japan, because it's very hot and humid in Japan. So I like sunny day that is comfortable temperature and not humid the best.

Soumis par senes19 le sam 06/06/2020 - 18:40

Permalien
My favorite weather is of course warm ones. But i don't mean very high temperatures. I like the weather which some sunny, some rain but generally warm. You can stay outside as you wish, but you won't sweat or feel cold.

Soumis par Adri le sam 06/06/2020 - 18:27

Permalien
I like the summer climate because I love sea. Other reason is that I like travel in plane of holidays and I know a new place in summer. My friends have more free time in the summer months.

Soumis par vaniafed le dim 17/05/2020 - 13:54

Permalien
I don't like it when whether doesn't change for a long time. I like looking out of the window, drinking hot coffee and dreaming about the better life, when it's raining. And if the weather is warm I go out walking with my friends, doing skateboarding and so on.
Profile picture for user Rafaela1

Soumis par Rafaela1 le dim 10/05/2020 - 13:42

Permalien
A weather forecast says it's suddenly going to be hot like summer tomorrow. Okay, it's good to know that we can prepare for what we wear, but it's difficult to accustom myself to the heat quickly. =3
Profile picture for user Simonida Vukobrat

Soumis par Simonida Vukobrat le dim 10/05/2020 - 02:11

Permalien
I like warm and hot weather with lot of sun and very high temperatures!

Soumis par Nasser8891 le mar 05/05/2020 - 03:26

Permalien
I really like rain seasons, it seems a romantic weather. I always hear that people in Europe do not like rain because they have it all the time? Is it true?

Soumis par Rayan Siddeg osman le sam 02/05/2020 - 15:07

Permalien
I like the raining weather because it is very nice and I can breathe frash air and it mix between the wet and cold in our country

Soumis par SANDRA YINNET le sam 02/05/2020 - 13:23

Permalien
I think that the forecast weather is very important for people, due to is possible to programm diffents activities with the family, for example, go to the pool or go to the cinema in a mall, in another cases is useful in the job, people that live in the forest can to know when is the better time for to grow.
Profile picture for user rerre

Soumis par rerre le sam 02/05/2020 - 01:13

Permalien
In my country I like the autumn when the days are dry, bright and warm but on holidays it's better the summer because it tends to have high temperatures and sunny days

Soumis par Anderson le sam 02/05/2020 - 01:13

Permalien
Hi people, I'm going share with all of you a little about my country, Brazil, the loved earth. I enjoy the weather a lot when spring has started. Here, in the south of Brazil, this season almost has no rain, and the days start cold with sunlight and during the rest of the day the temperature is between 15ºC and 25ºC. I love this weather. But, when the summer comes, it's very hot, which I don't like very well.

Soumis par Benjamin le jeu 30/04/2020 - 04:38

Permalien
I like winter season.That's the best months for me although there is too cold or foggy in that time.

Soumis par teya10 le jeu 23/04/2020 - 18:48

Permalien
the weather i like is rainy weather when it's cold because i like walking under the rain and i like also the smell of the earth when it's rain that's make me feel light

Soumis par isaml le jeu 23/04/2020 - 17:19

Permalien
I like sunny weather like in Spain, because I can go to the beach and go out with my friends. However, I hate the cloudy and rainy days, because I have to stay at home all day.

Soumis par Olalla Parreño le mer 22/04/2020 - 10:04

Permalien
My opinion on this audio for me has been quite easy since in tasck 1 and 2 I have done them well and I have taken very little time to do them, for the next time I intend to make a more difficult one.

Soumis par Olalla Parreño le mer 22/04/2020 - 09:58

Permalien
My opinion on this audio for me has been quite easy since in task 1 and 2 I have done them well and I have taken very little time to do them, for the next time I intend to make a more difficult one.
Profile picture for user JuanManuelLopezGil

Soumis par JuanManuelLopezGil le lun 20/04/2020 - 21:59

Permalien
Spring with sun and drizzle sometimes. Like us Medellín, Colombia "The city of the eternal spring".
Profile picture for user OlaIELTS

Soumis par OlaIELTS le jeu 16/04/2020 - 18:14

Permalien
The kind of weather I like best is wet weather.

Soumis par Ahmed shady le mer 15/04/2020 - 19:56

Permalien
HI, Forecast is a vital part of our life , people used to explore the weather before they going to leave home and go for work or shopping through the intrnet or the TV News ..

Soumis par AFGHANISTAN le mar 14/04/2020 - 11:22

Permalien
Hi in Generally I like the sunny weather, because all people feel happy and without fear can go work and but in cloudy day I am very dismal, so I stay at home

Soumis par Genaldo le lun 13/04/2020 - 19:34

Permalien
Hi, In general, i like sunny weather but i also like low temperatures. Because it look likes that we eat and wear better. The sunny weather encourages the practice of sports, physical activities.

Soumis par ANACF le lun 13/04/2020 - 18:05

Permalien
I prefer the spring time. It neither too hot nor too cold . I hate extreme temperatures. In Spain , in general, in summer it's very hot and in winter it's too cold, altough my body supports better cold than heat.

Soumis par Daudau0601 le dim 12/04/2020 - 15:21

Permalien
I live in the central of Viet Nam, so the weather is hot all year around especially summer which has temperatures at 39 to 42 degrees. I like cool or warm weather because it's not too hot or also too cold. It makes me feel comfortable and i can go out with my friend in that day without without fear of rain or sunshine.

Soumis par upendarreddy le ven 10/04/2020 - 14:59

Permalien
In my country(India) there are three seasons summer, winter, and rainy among those i love rainy season because temperatures are not too hot and cold even though i like outdoor activities.

Soumis par BlaiChan le ven 10/04/2020 - 09:14

Permalien
I prefer the winter season in my hometown as I live in southern of country, the winter doesn't go so cold enough. There is always bright start morning in there. And we start feel the heatwave at about 10:00 A. M and throughout until 16:00 P. M. The temperatures are from the high thirties and early forties. That's the reason I chose the winter

Soumis par Cotufa84 le mar 07/04/2020 - 15:15

Permalien
Well, it depend on the moment. When I am studying I prefer a little bit of foggy and drizzle, I feel really confortable.

Soumis par Wesley54 le ven 03/04/2020 - 00:14

Permalien
Although I live in a city with varying temperature along the day, I'd rather choose the warm and hot weather, where you're able to see the Sun throughout the whole day. Nevertheless, I consider some raining periods as properly ones whether to take a nap or try to sleep.
Profile picture for user loupinus

Soumis par loupinus le mar 31/03/2020 - 19:59

Permalien
I prefer foggy weather with light rains. I feel more harmonious with nature.

Soumis par manuelrodrigue… le ven 27/03/2020 - 11:49

Permalien
I like winter weather, because snows and do cold. Also is my birthday.

Soumis par micaela le ven 27/03/2020 - 01:03

Permalien
I prefer an weather between hot and cold temperatures, for example I love spring and autumn. Although, I like drizzle and I love it in sunny days, that is really amazing. Sometimes, we can see a rainbow when the rain clear up.

Soumis par Ivan Barišić le lun 23/03/2020 - 10:55

Permalien
I like dry weather but I do not like when it is heatwave or hotter than normal. Also, sometimes I like when it is snowing, but I never wish that it is rainy. Generally, I like sunny weather with light wind.

Soumis par vihertri le ven 20/03/2020 - 12:29

Permalien
I like sunny weather,but not too hot. In my Country has a good weather and a lot of hours of sun but I prefer the cold, it is better if you work outside.

Soumis par nao le mar 17/03/2020 - 10:51

Permalien
I like the spring is my favorite season because is not too hot or too cold.

Soumis par nochi1421 le sam 14/03/2020 - 17:25

Permalien
My favorite weather is the weather of my city Puyo, from the ecuadorian Amazon. In the same day, you can have a lot of sun for a while and then a strong rain. But never the temperatures fall down until the people freeze or rise until the people feels that are living in the hell. We have all in the same day. It's fantastic !!!

Soumis par LucaCoglia le ven 06/03/2020 - 16:16

I like Sunny weather but I really like snowy weather
Profile picture for user Nikolaos Stavrianakis

Soumis par Nikolaos Stavr… le mer 04/03/2020 - 16:42

Permalien
Hello everyone!! I would say that hot and dry weather is what I really like.
Profile picture for user Rafaela1

Soumis par Rafaela1 le mar 03/03/2020 - 10:21

Permalien
I like crisp weather. It's nice to walk around the nature, breatheing in the crisp autumn weather!

Soumis par vilma caram le lun 02/03/2020 - 20:16

Permalien
Hello, I like sunny weather. Sometimes cloudy days and one a month a litle of rain. A bit of each

Soumis par Ayzhan le mar 25/02/2020 - 06:30

Permalien
I like a sunny weather, but when not too hot. Like the weather in the end of the april and beginning the may.

Soumis par mselmi le jeu 20/02/2020 - 07:27

Permalien
I hate high and low temperatures. I like weather when temperature is around the early twenties. I don't like windy days. I like watching light rain or snow from the window. This gives me a good feelings.

Soumis par shahhoseini le sam 15/02/2020 - 14:30

Permalien
I hate hot sunshine in summer while cloudy weather with a little drizzle is my favourite and ideal for me.

Soumis par huyentran le mar 11/02/2020 - 01:54

Permalien
My favorite weather is cool weather with a little sunshine. This weather always makes me feel comfortable and relaxed. You know, because it's not too hot and too cold, so it's good for our health. In my country, the weather often appears in the afternoon, so I often go for a walk and enjoy the fresh and cool air, and whenever I go for a walk I feel more relaxed, my health seems to be more refreshed.

Soumis par conejo le dim 09/02/2020 - 03:45

Permalien
My favourite weather is dry, bright and sunny. I like the sea, and I prefer live in warm cities. I hate weather in my country, because it is unpredictable.

Soumis par lifelearner le mer 05/02/2020 - 16:02

Permalien
Well as an introvert and a person who is attracted towards loneliness, I love wet weather and winter as people tends to stay home and streets get less crowded. Snow really attracts me , as I have used to make a snowman since my childhood and I still do it until now . in the rainy weather I love to have some warm drinks like a cup of tea or hot chocolate.