Finding the library

Listen to a conversation about the university library to practise and improve your listening skills.

Do the preparation task first. Then listen to the audio and do the exercises.

Student: Hi. Excuse me.

Student B: Yes?

Student: Where's the library?

Student B: The library? It's next to the registration office.

Student: Ah ... sorry, I'm new. Where's the registration office?

Student B: No problem. See the big building over there?

Student: Yes.

Student B: OK, so that's the lecture theatre. Next to that, on the right, is the registration office. And next to that is the library.

Student: I see. Thanks!

Student: Hello?

Librarian: Hello.

Student: Is this the library?

Librarian: Yes, it is. Quiet, please.

Student: Oh, sorry. Thank you.

Librarian: Can I help you?

Student: Er, yes, please. I want to borrow some books. What do I need?

Librarian: You need a library card. Here's the application form. You can take up to six books maximum today.

Student: OK. Six books.

Librarian: Yes. You have two weeks to read the books. Then you bring them back.

Student: And if I'm late?

Librarian: Every day you are late there is a fee of fifty pence.

Student: OK, 50p a day. Er, anything else?

Librarian: Mobile phones must be switched off in the library. You can bring your laptop, but please use headphones to watch videos or listen to music.

Student: OK, great.

Librarian: And you can't bring food or drink.

Student: No food, no drink. And ...?

Librarian: And please speak quietly! People are working here.

Student: Oh! Oh, OK. Thank you.

Librarian: You're welcome.

Worksheet74.59 Ko

Soumis par Agnaldo Penides le dim 07/03/2021 - 20:50

Permalien
hello everyone...there is no library near my house, it´s about 20 minutes from here.

Soumis par RicardoRodrigu… le mer 03/03/2021 - 01:31

Permalien
hi. when I go to library I go to read or investigation.

Soumis par Rafaela1 le ven 26/02/2021 - 12:44

Permalien
Yes, there is a local library where I live, which is helpful. :)

Soumis par Aless le ven 26/02/2021 - 00:27

Permalien
Yes, there is a library in my city. I went sometimes for homework

Soumis par Turko le lun 15/02/2021 - 06:00

Permalien
Yes we have a library at universty,but this is so pretty old and it havent enough book.

Soumis par Nasywa Shiyami… le ven 12/02/2021 - 02:21

Permalien
Yes, there is a library in where i live, but i didn't often go to the library in my city because i just stay at home when i am back at home. I stay in other city for taking taking my undergraduate program. Usually, I often to go to campus library to finished my homework or just for waiting the next classes. *please correct my english, because your correction helps me a lot to proofread and improve my english. Thank You !!!

Soumis par Brona le jeu 11/02/2021 - 22:02

Permalien
Unfortunately all the libraries near to my place are closed for good due to funding problems. And so I don't go to libraries as such. But I would have surely visited one if they were open.

Soumis par Azraa Eltayeb le jeu 04/02/2021 - 09:44

Permalien
Yes, we have a library here, but it's a little bit far from my house, it takes approximately 1 and half hour. I usually go to the library to read academic articles to enhance my knowledge and improve my PhD proposal.

Soumis par Brenda Patrici… le mer 27/01/2021 - 21:54

Permalien
Yes, there is a library at my university, I go to there once a week, I always brings book to read at home.

Soumis par LibCat le dim 24/01/2021 - 15:17

Permalien
Yes we have a local libray in our area. I couldn't go there often because i am a student in a Universty and i usually use the universty library. In there i borrow books, study for lesson&exams. The libraries are the most important building in a city. because they are a information center. they give free sources, wifi and books. I want to be a librarian as soon as. I will be.

Soumis par Leila77 le jeu 21/01/2021 - 10:55

Permalien
There is a local library where I live, but I don't go there, because it's a small library and there aren't many choices of books. However, when I was student I used to go to the library of the university. I regualry borrowed books about different subjects.

Soumis par Joselyn15 le mer 20/01/2021 - 01:33

Permalien
Yes, I do. Before the pandemic, I hardly ever because the library is so far from my house. I search information for my career.

Soumis par In le mar 19/01/2021 - 09:51

Permalien
yes, I have a wonderful library. I use to go every few months and borrow books.

Soumis par IrinAristova le sam 16/01/2021 - 18:24

Permalien
Yes, i do. When i was a student I often used library. But now I like buying books or sometimes look for a book in the internet.

Soumis par Ngu Wah le mer 13/01/2021 - 13:36

Permalien
Yes, it is in my local area. But I have never been yet there. Mostly I am reading book at home in my free time.

Soumis par said m le lun 11/01/2021 - 10:32

Permalien
hi.i am librarian in iran. i like my job and that is very superb.when i was a child i loved library

Soumis par German le lun 11/01/2021 - 01:04

Permalien
Yes,I do. I have a library near, about 25 minutes to my house. I often go to the library in order to advance in my master final tesis and I used to take out books but now for the pandemic it´s not posible.

Soumis par Jaouad fathi le jeu 07/01/2021 - 17:01

Permalien
Yes, I have a library in my city but I don't go there

Soumis par abdiaziz matan le jeu 07/01/2021 - 07:21

Permalien
We do have a local library in our country, but it's not my hobbies to go to the it and read books. I prefer reading books in my home rather than going to the library.

Soumis par karinaelizabeth le mer 06/01/2021 - 23:54

Permalien
Yes, near my neighborhood there is a library called BiblioRecreo this is a project between a library and the super center El Recreo. My daughter and I go there every 15 or 30 days it depends on the quantity of books that we had borrowed.

Soumis par Gilda Di Biagio le mer 06/01/2021 - 17:43

Permalien
In my city there is a local library, where I ofthen went when I was at university.

Soumis par Theint Theint Phyo le dim 27/12/2020 - 15:39

Permalien
I have a local library.l go twice a week.I search finished thesies book,other knowledge books.

Soumis par Suraj paliwal le dim 27/12/2020 - 04:08

Permalien
Yes, I have a local big library. There is a lots of books and journals available here. You can borrow 3 Books for one week. Everyday you are late there is fee of Rs.10. I am a university student so I usually use university library. There is enough for me. In university library no one can have drinks or food. If you feel hungry you should go to canteen. A canteen where I spent most of my time with friends.

Soumis par glen le dim 20/12/2020 - 19:54

Permalien
Yes we have a local library it's near my house but I don't go to the library.

Soumis par Sadflute07 le jeu 17/12/2020 - 20:40

Permalien
No we don't have local library but when I travel to any country I used to visit their local library

Soumis par serena93 le mer 16/12/2020 - 20:20

Permalien
Do you have a local library? -yes, I do. I have my local library and it's near my home How often do you go there? What do you do there? - I go there several times and I like to take up some books in English to read at home. It's very helpful because I can improve my vocabulary.

Soumis par Rafaela1 le mer 16/12/2020 - 13:38

Permalien
When I visit a local library, I borrow some books or just browse a book... ;)

Soumis par shahimian le mer 16/12/2020 - 08:29

Permalien
There is a student library in my own local but unfortunately it's not allowed limit of Covid-19 for going there. I just use internet for my needs.

Soumis par Tatiana barrera le mar 15/12/2020 - 16:52

Permalien
yes, I have a local library, it is near Madrid's park. I hardly ever go to Madrid's library, however, the last year I went there with a friend. In this library, there are a lot of books about different thematics as maths, science, history and sometimes it is full of people.

Soumis par Manal le mar 15/12/2020 - 07:06

Permalien
yes, I have a library in my city, actually, its like a gigantic library due there a lot of people in my city and the census increase. the library included every books and any language does you think of all the culture's, as well its a popular library in my all country , all the tourists visit the library. the main things in my routine day that going to the library and takes with me some coffee , I know that the rules said that we cant eat or drink in library even though I do it in secret cause drink coffee then read books give a good energy. sometimes, I take my laptop to study there due there is no calm place in my home and that's such a good idea.

Soumis par giopin-1998 le mer 09/12/2020 - 09:15

Permalien
Until five years ago, I went to my country's library every week, during the summer, to borrow some books. Now, I sometimes go to my University library to study. There's no any fee to pay when I bring the books back late.

Soumis par MJH le sam 05/12/2020 - 02:59

Permalien
Yes, I have. There are several libraries. There are libraries in the schools and there is a municipal library. Really, I never go to the library because I prefer to look for the information on the Internet.

Soumis par abdalkreem seaf le ven 04/12/2020 - 15:18

Permalien
we have got library in my university

Soumis par mrelvinaliyev le mer 02/12/2020 - 06:56

Permalien
Yeah. In my university there is big library. I often go there and borrow some books for reading. I must give these books to university during 2 weeks. If I'm late then I can't take books during one months but i don't pay any fee when i'm late.

Soumis par m.someah le mar 01/12/2020 - 13:35

Permalien
there is a library in my neighborhood which has a big historical and traditional building. When I have exams and cannot concentrate in my house, I go there to study.

Soumis par zabiullah le lun 30/11/2020 - 17:50

Permalien
I would be thankful from your efforts. your lessons make me inspirations to do more and more excercises...actually very help full. You might know better, in my country about 40 years has continued conflicts between Jehadi groups and government. all puplic buildings and libraries have destoried. Luckily; when the Taliban group got rid off the power in my country. by the supportings of The U.S and international partenarships have built so many libraries and schools as well as universities in everywhere. recently has built library near my house, so many students including me have always used thier books and newspaper. but one thinks that i mentioned in this library all books are not updated. although, so many students come and use them. every weekends i go to library and pick up one novel for reading. also sometimes go to with my younger sister and study some lictures of english language. finally i deeply thankful from all countries that have supprted our country to be independent in near future.

Soumis par Sergio1994 le sam 28/11/2020 - 15:45

Permalien
In the library of my university the rules are not strict. You can eat some food, see your phone every moment and play with it.

Soumis par David_Tham le jeu 26/11/2020 - 14:48

Permalien
Yes, I have some local libraries in my country.

Soumis par luongpq le mer 25/11/2020 - 03:12

Permalien
During my time in college. I am not often go to the library. Currently, i feel so regret it. But now, I feel so inspire about reading book. hopefully, i will take a time to go to the library every week.

Soumis par HAMZEH le mar 24/11/2020 - 21:22

Permalien
There is a local library in my community ,but onestly i have never been go there.

Soumis par Leokad27 le mer 18/11/2020 - 05:00

Permalien
In my community there are two libraries , but honestly never i ve been go there

Soumis par mrelvinaliyev le mer 11/11/2020 - 14:18

Permalien
In my school there is library next to director room. I go there often. I get book to read from here. I have two weeks to read books. Then I must give to library. If I late I must give fee of fifty pence a day.

Soumis par frknakgn le mar 10/11/2020 - 19:59

Permalien
I don't have a local library.There is one but it is far away from home.

Soumis par Akram Mahmoudi le mar 10/11/2020 - 19:00

Permalien
Yes,we have a local library in our city. We can borrow 5 books each time.

Soumis par MariaFernanda le jeu 05/11/2020 - 15:31

Permalien
I have a local library but never is open, so i aint go there

Soumis par Kaique Machado le lun 02/11/2020 - 23:56

Permalien
I have local library but I never go there