Booking a table

Listen to someone booking a table in a restaurant to practise and improve your listening skills.

Do the preparation task first. Then listen to the audio and do the exercises.

Staff: Hello, Gino's.

Jamie: Hi. Can I book a table for tomorrow night, please?

Staff: How many people is it for?

Jamie: Four.

Staff: And what time would you like?

Jamie: About eight, eight thirty maybe?

Staff: Let's see ... We're pretty busy tomorrow, so I can do half past seven or nine.

Jamie: Oh. OK, then. Half seven, please.

Staff: What name is it?

Jamie: Jamie.

Staff: J-A- ...?

Jamie: M-I-E

Staff: OK, so that's a table for four at half past seven tomorrow evening.

Jamie: Great. Thanks! Bye.

Staff: Bye.

Staff: Hello, Gino's.

Jamie: Hi, I called earlier to book a table for four and I was wondering if I can make it for six instead?

Staff: Ah, what name was it?

Jamie: It's Jamie.

Staff: Table for four at half past seven. So you want to change it to 6 o'clock?

Jamie: No, sorry. Can I make it for six people?

Staff: Oh, I see. Sorry! That shouldn't be a problem. I can move you to a bigger table but it will be nearer the kitchen. Is that OK?

Jamie: No problem. Is it possible to change the time as well? Make it a little bit later?

Staff: Ah ... yeah, we can. Is eight OK for you?

Jamie: Perfect, thanks!

Staff: Lovely. See you tomorrow, then.

Jamie: Thanks! Bye!

Staff: Thanks. Ciao!

Do you need to improve your English listening skills?

Worksheet76.85 Ko

Soumis par Andres Armando le sam 30/05/2020 - 02:49

Permalien
I love the Colombian food. So I prefer meals how bandeja paisa, seafood, corozo juice, and more.

Soumis par Nafis Mahdi Basunia le mer 27/05/2020 - 18:12

Permalien
I like subcontinental restaurant..

Soumis par amal.araia le mer 27/05/2020 - 15:55

Permalien
Mr favorite kind of restaurant is Habasha's restaurants. Their food is spicy and very hot, and the aroma reminds me of home.

Soumis par deya le sam 23/05/2020 - 21:06

Permalien
i love class and calm restaurant, with delicious food of corse
Profile picture for user Ivanox76

Soumis par Ivanox76 le ven 22/05/2020 - 07:29

Permalien
Hi everyone! I am from Peru, and I love my country food, my favorite dish is ceviche, also i like so much the Italian food, I love the pizza and the lasagna!

Soumis par Nsengir le jeu 21/05/2020 - 12:46

Permalien
I love Turkish foods. Because I am Turk. But I like different taste. For example American hamburger, Holland cheese, African steak... I guess I am hungry :)

Soumis par Laila Mutiara … le mer 20/05/2020 - 19:06

Permalien
i love coffe shop. i do a lot of task in there

Soumis par Emily Mellor le sam 16/05/2020 - 09:39

Permalien
I don't have favourite kind of restaurant . I like all restaurants that have delicious food. I usually love having hot pot and barbecue. It's my favourite food.

Soumis par JEANMi le ven 15/05/2020 - 12:43

Permalien
My favourite restaurant is any restaurant that has delicious food.

Soumis par alejaenciso le mer 13/05/2020 - 22:54

Permalien
My favorite restaurant is Crepes and wafles. love it

Soumis par c.lopes23 le mer 13/05/2020 - 18:49

Permalien
I love Japanese restaurant or the restaurant near the beach

Soumis par Milena1 le mer 13/05/2020 - 11:49

Permalien
Well, I don't actually have a favorite restarurant, however I like Chinese food, ice cream and drink wine.

Soumis par Eduardo José d… le lun 11/05/2020 - 13:19

Permalien
My favorite restaurant is the golden fish. The food there is very good

Soumis par joanna-liu le lun 11/05/2020 - 09:22

Permalien
My favorite restaurant for Cantonese food . I go to restaurant about once a mouth with my family. I really like to eat shrimp ravioli and Seafood congee .

Soumis par Hello from Russia le lun 04/05/2020 - 19:52

Permalien
I would like seafood. I know the best restaurant with seafood. It's called "Ocean Basket". I advise everyone to try)
Profile picture for user Bignon

Soumis par Bignon le dim 03/05/2020 - 17:55

Permalien
It usually cook African food at home. If I will go to restaurants it will be firsty African restaurants. I would also like to take breakfast at French restaurant to eat variety of cake.

Soumis par Fatemeh.Najafzadeh le dim 03/05/2020 - 02:40

Permalien
I like Italian restaurant, but I sometimes go to the Indian restaurant because I love spicy foods.

Soumis par DANIELAE le ven 01/05/2020 - 00:07

Permalien
I like natural restaurants where I can find a Great variety of meals between the nature and Green zones.
Profile picture for user Santiago Perez

Soumis par Santiago Perez le jeu 30/04/2020 - 17:45

Permalien
My favorite type of restaurants are Colombian restaurants because I love to eat beans and different types of meats such as llanero-style beef, over-belly and steaks.

Soumis par Cristhopher le jeu 30/04/2020 - 05:02

Permalien
I love chinese restaurante, they are quite fancy and elegant, and also I really sharing different dishes with my friends. We like to eat boiled fish, rice, noodles, steamed vegetables, pork hotpot and especially, drinking jasmine flower tea. I also love the chinese breakfast, called dim sum. It includes baos, shu mai, sweet and sour chicken feet, springrolls and many others. It´s delicious.

Soumis par mrelvinaliyev le lun 27/04/2020 - 19:04

Permalien
My favorite restaurant is any restaurant that serving fish foods

Soumis par Titi le dim 26/04/2020 - 12:53

Permalien
well, actually there's quite a mixed variety of kind of restaurants in my country such as french restaurants, chinese restaurants and congolese restaurants. but i guess the most commonly used is congolese one because you can find them everywhere small and as well as big restaurants because of natural local cuisine for example cassava leaves, hot soup of a fresh fish with cassava,those plates have very unique taste so if i have to be honest i will probably say congolese restaurants are my preferable one and when i have some means i book a table for two persons i mean for me and for my fiancée.

Soumis par riquemecone le sam 25/04/2020 - 21:24

Permalien
My favorite kind of restaurant is steakhouse. I do not go on a lot, because it is very expensive, instead I make my own barbecue at home with family and friends.

Soumis par konatenasty le sam 25/04/2020 - 15:47

Permalien
My favourite foods are Indian,lebanese and African jolof.they are some of the best dishes.Very appetising.

Soumis par Christian le jeu 23/04/2020 - 03:17

Permalien
My favourite restaurant is one of Chinese food. I love this kind of cooking.

Soumis par will_wpo le mer 22/04/2020 - 16:59

Permalien
I love the Italian restaurants. I usually go to the Italian restaurants in the weekend.

Soumis par Emirito le mar 21/04/2020 - 15:10

I love the arabian and italian restaurants. Besides, I like the Chinese ones

Soumis par mke99 le lun 20/04/2020 - 06:25

Permalien
Hi everybody I like iranian and arabian restaurant.

Soumis par Ronake le sam 18/04/2020 - 00:35

Permalien
Usually i like to go to restaurants that are serving a sea food, in my town there are only few of them, and you need to book it two days before . I enjoy eating sea food and spending time with my family.

Soumis par cittàutopica le ven 17/04/2020 - 18:25

Permalien
There isn't, for me, a favourite kind of restaurant; there are some restaurants where I don't like go on, instead: for example I hate chinese food. However I enjoy Mediterranean cooking, but Nordic food also, whereas I dislike the junk food, as McDonald and other ones as this.

Soumis par Aisha Mohammed… le jeu 16/04/2020 - 19:54

Permalien
my favourite restaurant is any restaurant near the sea
Profile picture for user Natalice Santos

Soumis par Natalice Santos le mer 15/04/2020 - 20:02

Permalien
I live in Cascais, Portugal. Here have a very nice food. I like fresh fish and a seafood, accompanies of a glass of portuguese with wine! Delicious!!!

Soumis par nguyenthihoanb0510 le mar 14/04/2020 - 10:50

Permalien
my major is hotel and catering management, so I have to practice some conversation same that. i have worked as a waitress at the lackah restaurant since i lived in Hanoi. It's a wonderful experience.

Soumis par rima khaoula le lun 13/04/2020 - 14:53

Permalien
I don't go to the restaurants in my state. but my brother brings us different kinds of food from its. I prefer the barbecued chicken with rice.

Soumis par Ali07 le jeu 09/04/2020 - 20:51

Permalien
Sometimes when I wont to eat outside, I usually go to some tacos or pizza snacks around here. However I prefer to eat what mom cooks at home.
Profile picture for user Hoàng Nhung

Soumis par Hoàng Nhung le jeu 09/04/2020 - 04:50

Permalien
My favourite restaurant is at a famous international hotel. This place is clean, fesh, pleasant and polite. There is many kind of food, I love that.

Soumis par ShahzaibLashari le dim 05/04/2020 - 20:17

Permalien
My favourite restaurant is BUTT KHARAHI and SHANI KA SAWARAMA.

Soumis par Aya Sayed le dim 05/04/2020 - 18:41

Permalien
Actually , my favourite restaurant is Macdonalds .

Soumis par Saeidi_802 le mer 01/04/2020 - 13:53

Permalien
I live in Iran. I like Iranian foods like Kabab at restaurants. All restaurants are closed because of coronavirus these days. I hope this pandemic will finish.

Soumis par Yuzana le sam 28/03/2020 - 13:32

Permalien
I used to book a bar which always gives promotions on every Friday. Fried chicken wings from that bar are really delicious and I love to eat.