Shopping for clothes

Listen to a conversation in a shop to practise and improve your listening skills.

Do the preparation task first. Then listen to the audio and do the exercises.

Shop assistant: Hello, can I help you?

Customer: I'm just looking, thanks.

Customer: Excuse me?

Shop assistant: Yes?

Customer: Where are the changing rooms?

Shop assistant: They're over there. Behind you.

Customer: Thank you.

Customer: Hi. Excuse me again. Do you have this jumper in black?

Shop assistant: Yes, just a moment. What size do you need?

Customer: Extra small, please.

Shop assistant: Here you are.

Customer: How much is this?

Shop assistant: It's £29.

Customer: Can I pay by credit card?

Shop assistant: Yes, you can. Of course.

Shop assistant: Would you like a bag for that?

Customer: Yes, please.

Worksheet61.23 Ko

Soumis par DJ Singh le mar 24/11/2020 - 10:13

Permalien
Oh Yeah, I love doing shopping, when I need something quick I go for offline shopping. on the other hand, if I am not in hurry I mean I can wait for 3-4 days to get delivered my order within sometimes then I go for online shopping with lots of variety. Going out shopping is fun but if I want to save time and do advance shopping I go online.

Soumis par Carlos Cabrera le mer 18/11/2020 - 03:27

Permalien
I like shopping technology online, is very easy and simple. Rarely go shopping a store.

Soumis par Pedro Javier le dim 08/11/2020 - 15:24

Permalien
I love shopping, I like to go and see all the stores and buy new clothes and shoes to look good at all times, also now I like to buy online is a good option to avoid crowding in stores and find the best prices. I actually shop when I really need something, if there is something I don't like is to go shopping with my wife, she visits all the stores and doesn't like anything, She is very hesitant

Soumis par Suraj paliwal le mer 21/10/2020 - 07:12

Permalien
Yes, I like to shopping. In India festival season has been starting. I and my family goes to shopping.

Soumis par GhazalQadriRazvi le lun 19/10/2020 - 22:27

Permalien
Actually I don't enjoy going shopping that much. Its a tiring process. I like to shop online more. It's easy and convenient for me.

Soumis par Samqaid le sam 17/10/2020 - 20:33

Permalien
Yes, I enjoy shopping. .I go to buy clothes with my friends. I love it so much. I can flirt girls and make a fun .it was interesting. Every one here goes to shopping at Eid times .especially at Ramadan month.

Soumis par Ugulhan le jeu 15/10/2020 - 07:06

Permalien
Oh. I love shopping every day so I go shopping for clothes or shoes. For example, I was yesterday in the shoe shop, and I saw two of my favourite winter shoe and some discount prices for summer shoes. I think I will buy with the discount prices for summer shoes. Later, I will buy winter shoes.

Soumis par DEICY le lun 12/10/2020 - 18:59

Permalien
I love buy shoes an clothes, but I don't like go to shopping in busy or crowded places.

Soumis par Htet Wint Thu Aung le sam 10/10/2020 - 17:12

Permalien
If there is anything to go for a trip or I want to get new clothes or shoes, I go shopping.

Soumis par Moon Wathan le sam 10/10/2020 - 16:25

Permalien
Yeah, I like shopping. I go the shopping per month for clothes or shoes. I think this shopping day will be the last day of month because it is the day I get the salary from work.

Soumis par Maria19 le mar 06/10/2020 - 21:07

Permalien
Yes, I enjoy shopping online. It's much better for me because in this way my time is less wasted.

Soumis par Donrodrigo888 le jeu 01/10/2020 - 23:38

Permalien
I sometimes go to the shopping but because of the covid 19, I am not going to the shopping this year.

Soumis par Kishen le lun 28/09/2020 - 08:25

Permalien
Yes,I love to shopping but I don't know what I have to buy.I will go to shopping with my friend when they called me to go there.

Soumis par Pola le dim 20/09/2020 - 18:20

Permalien
Yes, I do. I enjoy shopping with my best friend, I don't like to shopping from the websites. Usually I go to shopping every end of season I'm harry up to the shopping before end of the sale.

Soumis par Giza Maria le sam 19/09/2020 - 00:04

Permalien
I don't like shopping, think it's very boring...

Soumis par shelly le lun 07/09/2020 - 07:17

Permalien
Yes, I enjoy it very much. Usually go to the supermarket once or twice a week, but I rearly buy clothes in the mall or in the supermarket. I like buying clothes on-line because it is very convinience and you could buy something at anytime/anyplaces. Meanwhile it is very easy to change for another one or return it back if you donot like it.

Soumis par Lysa le ven 04/09/2020 - 11:15

Permalien
Of course I do but I go shopping clothes and/or shoes only when I am in need.

Soumis par Faheem Khan le lun 31/08/2020 - 03:42

Permalien
i love to visit supermarket and buy clothes but we just visit twice a year because asian people are not much rich like europrean so due to lack of facility we would not to buy everyrhing

Soumis par Thao mee le sam 29/08/2020 - 05:09

Permalien
My family and i uasully go to supermarket on the weekend. We buy some food and household for next week. I'm crazy about baking cake so i spent time to buy equipment to do this.

Soumis par thuyhup le ven 28/08/2020 - 03:00

Permalien
yeah, I'm interested in shopping, especially when I'm stress, it help me feel more comfortable. I often go shopping for clothes more than for shoes. At least, I buy clothes once a month. As for buying shoes, I only go shopping when it is necessary and about once or twice a year because my shoes have been very durable.

Soumis par biso01 le lun 24/08/2020 - 11:55

Permalien
i think the shopping is the second interesting thing after eating i like it very much and i can spend the whole day in shopping and try the clothes. i usually go to shop every weekend and i spend my whole salary in shopping

Soumis par camiladmelo le sam 15/08/2020 - 16:44

Permalien
Yes, I love shopping. Love buy clothes. It makes me feel renewed.

Soumis par Rafaela1 le mer 12/08/2020 - 12:33

Permalien
Recently I don't enjoy shopping for clothes and shoes anymore because of COVID-19... :|

Soumis par MARIANO_HB le mer 12/08/2020 - 01:11

Permalien
I like shopping but I usually buy my things in e-commerce for example Amazon.

Soumis par Aung Wai Phyo le lun 03/08/2020 - 15:09

Permalien
I quite like shopping, but I rarely go to the shop for clothes, because my sister has bought for me.

Soumis par Phan Bao Dung le mer 29/07/2020 - 06:21

Permalien
I really enjoy shopping. I usually go shopping every weekend to buy food and household for my family. I sometimes go to the malls to buy clothes and shoes. I spend a lot of time and money there but I always control myself. I only buy things that are really necessary and affordable.

Soumis par I am le lun 27/07/2020 - 18:31

Permalien
Like a lot of people, I enjoy to buying a new things, especially clothes or electronic devices. But we should reasonably spending our money, because not every new thing, which we seeing in the shop with sale price is really necessary for us.

Soumis par I am le jeu 23/07/2020 - 18:46

Permalien
Honestly I like to buying new things, including clothes and shoes. I tend take a purchases in sales, when discounts starting to apply. But I suppose people should reasonably relating to shopping, because when you became spending money for clothes is difficult to stop.

Soumis par Ahmad_Khalil le mar 21/07/2020 - 11:22

Permalien
I like shopping, but mostly not for clothing.

Soumis par syah le lun 20/07/2020 - 14:04

Permalien
Yes of course. But, I kinda rarely go shopping. I only go shopping about two or three times a year especially if there is a discount. I usually just go sightseeing when I am in mall, not for buying some clothes, because I have to save my money for other purposes.

Soumis par Miri85 le lun 20/07/2020 - 11:15

Permalien
I love shopping, specially on sale. But I really don´t need new clothes, I buy only because it´s cheap.

Soumis par muhammadseif le lun 13/07/2020 - 23:47

Permalien
yes I'm so fond of shopping new clothes. I often go shopping once or twice a month.

Soumis par Rafaela1 le sam 11/07/2020 - 15:48

Permalien
I got on a train for the first time in 5 months and enjoyed shopping. ;)

Soumis par fatfat le sam 11/07/2020 - 12:39

Permalien
I love shopping. I get them, althought I dont need clothes and shoes. I am a complete shopping enthusiast.

Soumis par Dastenova Firuza le mar 07/07/2020 - 16:21

Permalien
Yes, I like shopping up to weather. I don't like going outside in hot and cold weather, so at such situations I do shopping by net.

Soumis par qziad le mer 01/07/2020 - 17:12

Permalien
I like to go shopping, I like walking in big stores

Soumis par Rafaela1 le mar 30/06/2020 - 13:58

Permalien
Recently I don't buy any clothes. I'm not a fashionable person, I bet.

Soumis par Youssef Er-rafay le lun 29/06/2020 - 23:23

Permalien
I don’t usually go for shopping , i like to go , but with my friends , so they can tell me about their opinion about the clothes and shoes

Soumis par Ronake le dim 28/06/2020 - 21:52

Permalien
I'm kind of shopaholic, I enjoy so much buying new things every time, even If I'm wearing them just a single time. In my spare time, I would like to spend in Shopping malls, trying on new items and buying them. Also, I prefer purchasing in the online market because it is really suitable, you will avoid the crowd and spend fewer hours.

Soumis par Ragdaalamin le jeu 25/06/2020 - 10:03

Permalien
yes i do .. majorty of the women like go to the shopping it's like apicnic .

Soumis par hangnt5 le mer 24/06/2020 - 09:36

Permalien
I like to go shopping for clothes and shoes, When I had a salary I often go shopping for something such as new clothes, shoes for me, for my children. I sometimes go shopping when I would like to award myself when I make the achievement. Now by the COVID-19, so I don't go shopping, I want to save money. Because my job is not good, my company has some trouble with our products

Soumis par joshnamep le mar 23/06/2020 - 06:24

Permalien
I don't enjoy shopping much, but I enjoy going shopping with my Mom.

Soumis par Caterina Siligardi le lun 22/06/2020 - 17:49

Permalien
Yes, I fancy shopping. Is there a woman who doesn't like to do it? Is there a husband who isn't worried when his wife says she is going just popping out for shopping? The only thing that can stop her, sometimes, is a tiny budget.

Soumis par Hennadii le ven 19/06/2020 - 15:46

Permalien
I like to go shopping. I like to walk around the big store, I like the smell of new clothes and shoes. I really like this feeling when you are already tired and finally go into the coffee to eat something before going home.

Soumis par Nsengir le ven 12/06/2020 - 10:52

Permalien
I like to go shopping. But I don't understand that If you have money you don't find what you want, ıf you don't have money you can find everything :)

Soumis par MAE le sam 06/06/2020 - 14:37

Permalien
No really. I always shop online, because I feel tried when I spend much more time walking in the supermall.

Soumis par Asni le ven 05/06/2020 - 22:21

Permalien
No, I don't really enjoy shopping that's why I go only if I need something. And I go straight to it, I don't spend much time at the shops. I enjoy more going for a walk or jogging. I also like going to a café or a restaurant.