A flyer for a gym

Read a flyer promoting a new gym to practise and improve your reading skills.

Do the preparation task first. Then read the text and do the exercises.

Reading text

Best Body Fitness

About us

You don't want just a gym membership. You want a membership that means something. And that means you need support, expert help and a community.

Best Body Fitness isn't just a gym: it's a full-service fitness membership made for you.

Here's how it works:

STEP ONE: Your assessment

We begin with an assessment session. This is a chance for you to see what we do at Best Body. Our assessment plans are no-cost and no-risk. We'll also make a training plan specifically for you.

STEP TWO: Your training

When you decide to become a Best Body member, we show you what to do, how to do it and why you are doing it. After a few sessions with an expert private trainer you will feel comfortable working out on your own. But don't worry, we'll always be nearby if you have questions.

STEP THREE: Your membership

Membership works on a month-to-month basis. There are no sign-up fees and no cancellation fees. Start and stop whenever you want. And the best part? Our fees are the most competitive in the whole downtown area.

STEP FOUR: Your community

At Best Body Fitness, we see everyone as part of a big team. And when you work with a team, you can do great things. Join any of our specialised classes, led by expert instructors. Come to our nutrition classes. Participate in our regular social events. Everything is included in your fee.

Finally, we wanted to share with you some reasons why our members say that they have chosen us over any other fitness centre in the city.

It's so EASY

• Easy to start, stop, cancel or refund a membership
  • Easy to access – we're open 24/7, we never close
  • Easy to do exercise – we have lots of equipment, no long wait
  • Easy results – our trainers and equipment give you success, fast
  • Easy to find – in the centre of town, near public transport and with parking

It's WONDERFUL

• Wonderful members
  • Wonderful trainers and staff
  • Wonderful equipment
  • Wonderful energy
  • Wonderful location

Come and visit us for a personal tour!

Do you need to improve your English reading skills?

Worksheet86.41 Ko

B1 English level (intermediate)

Soumis par Ayaka le lun 25/05/2020 - 07:31

Permalien
I haven't been doing any decent exercise for about a year, so maybe I should become a Best Body member.I have never been to the gym but they will teach from scratch and always be nearby if I have questions so, I don't have to worry. However, it's lonely to go alone so I have to find someone to go with me. I hope to be able to find someone as soon as possible. I'm looking forward to changing my body to best body. I will make a lot of friends, work hard together, and do my best for my health.
Profile picture for user Anatoliy S.

Soumis par Anatoliy S. le ven 22/05/2020 - 17:37

Permalien
I guess this task does not work properly and I cannot see anything in the part of "Reading text" except for a picture.

Hello Anatoliy,

Thanks for flagging this problem. I think we have fixed it now so the page should be working properly. Please let us know if you have any further problems.

Soumis par senes19 le mar 19/05/2020 - 13:03

Permalien
I have attended only two months at a gym. But I was not satisfied with them. In the my first visit, they said that like this passage's definitions. But the truths I faced wasn't such as their sayings. There was at all any park zone, there was only sometimes a instructor in the gym. There was no human to show your traninig or to ask any questions. So, finally I don't believe like this flyers. They are generally interested with money.

Soumis par Hanne van Oort le mar 12/05/2020 - 09:48

Permalien
Hello, I've got a question, are there also dance classes available? Regards

Soumis par Genaldo le mer 06/05/2020 - 19:17

Permalien
Hello. Actually, I would like to wish a gym like the most people. I know that the physical exercises at gym are important for muscle growth but they are repetitive and massive. However when I went to the gym, I liked the dance classes e others with movement.

Soumis par temirgali.bauyrzhan le ven 01/05/2020 - 18:21

Permalien
Hello! Three weeks ago I decided to go to the gym. My first impression was very good. I was glad to do it. After that I bought a month membership program with my friend. We always visit t he gym together. The fisrt benefits of this fitness center is the best insructors they are every time ready to help you. One of them makes me a training plan specifically for me. Also there are many other sectors whereyou can be a member like a nutrision and yoga zones.

Soumis par Dima Hraf le lun 27/04/2020 - 19:11

Permalien
My wife and I go to a gym three times per week and I can say that it is perfect opportunity for our mind to refocus our attention on something more relaxing and funny, moreover, it is absolutely great for our health. That is the main point what I like in a gym.

Soumis par Carole Anh le jeu 23/04/2020 - 17:04

Permalien
I like the atmosphere of the community. At the gym, you meet people and make connections. The gym helps us to practice other sports such as swimming.
Profile picture for user JuanManuelLopezGil

Soumis par JuanManuelLopezGil le mar 21/04/2020 - 00:08

Permalien
I like to be with myself and listen to music; but speaking in serious, I don't like going to the gym because I prefer to bike.

Soumis par Helen Mg Mg le lun 20/04/2020 - 08:22

Permalien
I really enjoy going to the gym.Sweating makes me refresh .

Soumis par Trương Gia Hải le jeu 16/04/2020 - 15:02

Permalien
I love to go to the gym, and go to it everyday. Firstly, I warm up with treadmill for 5 minutes. Secondly, I do some particular exercises such as lift the dumbbell, push up, crunches, hiit.

Soumis par Marusca le jeu 16/04/2020 - 14:01

Permalien
I really enjoy going to the gym and I do it 3 or 4 times per week. I would like most if there are some extra classes, with spinning or some kind of dance.

Soumis par Daudau0601 le mar 14/04/2020 - 04:23

Permalien
I haven't ever gone to a Gym. Although i know go to the gym is a good idea and its good for our health, a gym is far from me and i'm quite lazy to go.

Soumis par jesus le dim 12/04/2020 - 17:33

Permalien
Hi Guys, In my opinion, the gym is a good idea in places where the weather is rainy, windy and cold. In this case I prefer to stay indoor and exercice through the wage range of actvities that a gym offers. In places when the weather is good, I would rather enjoy in open spaces, runnig hiking and walking around and exercice with natural resources. Regards
Profile picture for user Cheick Sadibou

Soumis par Cheick Sadibou le dim 12/04/2020 - 17:26

Permalien
Fisrtly i would like to be led by an expert on the first hand. Secondly i would like have access to the gym anytime i want.
Profile picture for user OlaIELTS

Soumis par OlaIELTS le sam 11/04/2020 - 23:37

Permalien
What I would like most is participating in all the training and other inclusive services attached to the fee.

Soumis par Justy le mer 08/04/2020 - 09:26

Permalien
Hi, I have one ask. Task 1, question 7: "The gym is open at 4 o'clock in the morning." it's a false, why this answer is wrong?

Hello Justy

The flyer says 'Easy to access – we're open 24/7, we never close'. Therefore, it's true that the gym is open at 4 a.m.

Does that make sense?

All the best

Soumis par fathibba34 le mer 08/04/2020 - 07:14

Permalien
First thanks so much for all lessons that you offer for us. Its true to find a gym neraby its very good idea, specially if its have a different equipements that help to do a lot of exercices of fitness, then if there is a trainer who led my work that certainly help me to have the best body.
Profile picture for user Zabihullah

Soumis par Zabihullah le lun 06/04/2020 - 15:47

Permalien
I have lost my trust some how on the tasks! Task 1, question 1: The first visit to the club is free. (It doesn't exist in the text) Question 2: Everybody gets the same training plan. (It should be true)

Hello Zabihullah

I'm sorry you lost your trust! I hope it is restored with these explanations:

Under Step One, it says the first step is a visit for an assessment session, which is no-cost. That means it is free.

In Step One it also mentions that everyone will get a personalised training plan -- this is why question two is false.

All the best

Soumis par selgai le sam 04/04/2020 - 20:10

Permalien
I like developed equipment and expert trainer for practicing the exercises and ofcourse a good music.

Soumis par PaulineLacomme le sam 04/04/2020 - 12:01

Permalien
I think it's the perfect gym. I would like to have it because it's difficult to find a gym with someone who determine and follow a specific plan. And it's too expensive to have a personal coach. It's a good compromise if, as said in the flyer, fees are not expensive. However, i think that it's would be difficult for the gym to include all these adva tages at this price.

Soumis par renad21 le ven 03/04/2020 - 01:33

Permalien
I think it’s too hard to find a suitable gym, specially if you are looking for good fitness and nutrition training, since fitness without good nutrition is very useles.

Soumis par Cotufa84 le mer 01/04/2020 - 15:01

Permalien
well, I'd like a gym close to my house. I prefer a gym with a flexible schedule. It will be confortable and it has to have a great team fo trainers.

Soumis par Farid.Kayed le dim 29/03/2020 - 17:15

Permalien
I would like to go to a gym that has fresh air conditioner, wide area and standard health certification

Soumis par babul chandra shil le dim 29/03/2020 - 06:13

Permalien
I stop going to gym. I used to go morning walk and gym in evening, but now my office start 7.30am so do not get enough time to go gym. Though, i get up 5.30 am in the morning, its not much time to exercise. I do some free hand exercise and skipping for nearly 10 minutes twice in a week.

Soumis par noentropica le ven 27/03/2020 - 19:30

Permalien
In my opinion is really important to have nearby competent instructors, who can help us to known own bodies and to improve in each session.

Soumis par Mamta Gusain le jeu 26/03/2020 - 07:17

Permalien
Well, i like the most in gym is the facility of fitness equipment, professional trainer and a team environment. a lot of fitness equipment helps us to make our body fit as per our need. a gym instructor guides us about the equipment uses. how to use, when to use, and for how much time we need to use. doing exercise with other gym members motivates us to get desired result. when we are a part of team we are much more able to make it consistent and get results.

Soumis par amanda ferreira le mer 25/03/2020 - 18:10

Permalien
I love the idea that ​​gyms are offering these days, the "spirit of comunnity" is wonderfull. When I was Young I loved spent time doing my boxe classes and discovery new friends also creat bonds with them. Actually, I rarely do exercise in my dayly routine, my work is now consuming all my energy and all the gyms is far away from my homw. I hope some day get back on track and start doing again exercices.

Soumis par m.sadegh1988 le mar 24/03/2020 - 08:47

Permalien
I'd like there be seperate sallons for beginner members against skilled or experienced ones; in order to beginners do exercises comfortably & without shaming

Soumis par Xarolat le lun 16/03/2020 - 07:34

Permalien
I think, many people would like the idea of this gym. I think it is important to have an instructor at the beginning, who explains what to do. I can imagine that many people also like the idea of the opportunity to exercise any time they want to (day or night). The fee seems to include many offers. I am a sportive person, but I do not really like doing fitness in gyms. I prefer doing sport outside (running, biking) or practicing Yoga at home. But for people who like to do sport in a gym, this description sounds like a good place.

Soumis par Nour Sa le dim 15/03/2020 - 20:51

Permalien
I think the best gym is which has professional instructors ,good equipments , clean place and be in the downtown or near my home.
Profile picture for user Rafaela1

Soumis par Rafaela1 le sam 14/03/2020 - 12:03

Permalien
I can't see my favorite gym equipment in the picture....

Soumis par vilma caram le ven 13/03/2020 - 14:45

Permalien
hello, I think is very important have got a place like this for practising. Tt's take all resources, so they offer people the best and healthy service.

Soumis par Selma1987 le ven 28/02/2020 - 07:39

Permalien
I like the idea of this gym, I like their plan, the most thing I like that they are making assessment first so I will get what my body need with an expert instructor.
Profile picture for user Nikolaos Stavrianakis

Soumis par Nikolaos Stavr… le mar 25/02/2020 - 11:01

Permalien
I would like a gym which is very clean with modern equipment, happy and friendly staff. Finally, I'd like a nice cafe for relaxation after my hard exercise program.

Soumis par Barchio le jeu 13/02/2020 - 11:36

Permalien
I love go to the gym or do any kind of workout.It's very benificial on both physical and mental sides.

Soumis par shahhoseini le lun 10/02/2020 - 15:22

Permalien
Unfortunately, own to my business, I rarely go to the gym and but if I have time I prefer having been walking or cycling.

Soumis par Maksim le lun 27/01/2020 - 18:12

Permalien
I'd really like to gain weight! I'm too thin for my height. I need to do basic exercises with weights and have a special diet.

Soumis par czeska le lun 27/01/2020 - 00:55

Permalien
I just use the gym once a week on weekdays. I decided to increase the days which go to the gym because I feel I need to improve my muscles these days.

Soumis par Chewlim le mar 14/01/2020 - 21:32

Permalien
I like specialised sessions the most in the gym, since it is more motivated than free exercises, such as Yoga, Pilates and dancing. Whereas, I do lift the most to shape my body, which works very well.

Soumis par omarsupreme47 le mer 08/01/2020 - 07:39

Permalien
I started playing gym when I was 15 when I go to gym I would lift more weight which caused several problem like pelvic tilt Nerd neck and terrible posture now I'm 17 I don't recommend people under 18 to play gym
Profile picture for user mtalebi

Soumis par mtalebi le mar 07/01/2020 - 07:35

Permalien
I only attended two month in a gym. Some exercises and nutrition are dangerous and they may hurt our body. I ran more on treadmill.

Soumis par Pablo88 le ven 03/01/2020 - 17:09

Permalien
I’d like most in a gym the sequent items: - practice exercise in a wide and clean area; - motivational work out music; - a lot of fitness machine to avoid standby time; - professional trainers; - must have a easy parking to avoid stress before physical activities.

Soumis par Marta Lucia le mar 31/12/2019 - 01:45

Permalien
I have to confess that I haven’t done exercise in my life, nevertheless, I am slim and healthy. When I see people in the GYM, I think that they should do the sport outdoors because the oxygen is better outside.
Profile picture for user Rafaela1