An informal email to a friend

Learn how to write an informal email to a friend.

Reading text

Hi Linda,

How's it going?

Sorry I haven't been in touch for such a long time but I've had exams so I've been studying every free minute. Anyway, I'd love to hear all your news and I'm hoping we can get together soon to catch up. We just moved to a bigger flat so maybe you can come and visit one weekend?

How's the new job?

Looking forward to hearing from you!

Helga

Hi Helga,

I've been meaning to write to you for ages now so don't worry! How did your exams go? When will you know your results? I'm sure you did brilliantly as always!

As for me, I'll have been in the new job three months by the end of next week so I'm feeling more settled in. At first I felt like I had no idea what I was doing but now I realise it's normal to feel like that. There was a lot to learn – there still is actually – and I soon had to get used to the idea that I can't know everything. I used to work late a lot and at weekends but I'm slowly getting into a normal routine.

Which means I'd love to come and visit! We really need a good catch up! I can't believe we haven't seen each other since Carl's wedding. How does next month sound?

Anyway, I'd better get back to work.

Congratulations on the new flat! Can't wait to see you!

Love,

Linda

Worksheet94.01 Ko

Soumis par Suraj paliwal le mar 09/11/2021 - 14:30

Permalien

The best way to keep in touch with friends is by social media. I don't have an account on social media but my all friends are on social media. I think when I will get then also I make a Instagram account.

Soumis par Stela Stoycheva le ven 05/11/2021 - 22:53

Permalien

The best communication is undoubtedly face to face... but when this type of communication is impossible... Welcome to new technology which keep our hands every second of them :) The way in which I`m in touch with them is Messenger, Viber... Faster, easy if the network is excellent. But we don`t need to forget for message in letter, maybe we just receive our bills there... and at Christmas and New Year nice celebration cards :)

Soumis par Ehsan le mar 27/07/2021 - 06:50

Permalien
we can stay in touch with them by applications in our intelligent mobiles. for example we can make a video call by the Whatsapp.

Soumis par In le ven 02/07/2021 - 04:41

Permalien
The best way to still in touch with my friend is by email or by video call. That works very well.

Soumis par Dibesciak le jeu 22/04/2021 - 14:29

Permalien
Nowadays, there is a lot of possibilities to stay in touch with friends which You dont see often. I used to contact my friends from Poland by Skype or Facebook messanger but currently we start contact each other by Whats up which is more convenient and work more properly.

Soumis par Hennadii le ven 11/12/2020 - 11:18

Permalien
Unfortunately, I can't see my friends often last years. Some of them live abroad and the others also have enough to do and little free time. So how we can stay in touch? The answer is - the Internet. It's great that we have so many different ways to communicate nowadays: skype, Viber, Facebook, etc. You always may call your friends even when they live in another country and, luckily, it's free - all you need is a stable connection. Of course, virtual life can't replace the real one. I always miss those times when we could meet each other almost every day and had fun without any problems. But this is how things go now and I'm just happy to see my guys from time to time and have the possibility to be in touch by the internet.
Hello Hennadii, I'm a British English teacher and I was looking at this great lesson with two students online. Then we read and studied your comment above. Your English is very good, but I have corrected a few mistakes, so we thought you might appreciate the new version. I hope they let me post this here. Anyway, good luck with your English! Unfortunately, I haven’t been able to see my friends often over the last few years. Some of them live abroad and the others have a lot to do and little free time. So how can we stay in touch? The answer is - the Internet. It's great that we have so many different ways to communicate nowadays: Skype, Viber, Facebook, etc. You may call your friends even when they live in another country and, luckily, it's free - all you need is a stable connection. Of course, virtual life can't replace real life. I always miss those times when we met almost every day and had fun without any problems. But that’s how things go now and I'm just happy to see my friends from time to time and have the possibility to stay in touch on the internet.

Soumis par cittàutopica le lun 19/10/2020 - 19:53

Permalien
Among my friends there are three people with whom the friendship lasts for ages, although we meet rarely (but we stay in touch by Whatsapp). Last year we celebrated the fortieth anniversary and we met up for three days.

Soumis par Ugulhan le jeu 08/10/2020 - 07:03

Permalien
I think I would like to write also this email to my friend. I haven't been in touch for such a long time with her. We have worked together at the Bosch Company. She was an adorable friend. Due to studying, I could not contact her. Sorry Sajeetha, I haven't been in touch for such a long time because of the exam stuff I have had exams so I have been studying in every free minute. Anyway, I'd love to hear all your news and I am hoping we can get together soon to catch up at Bosh company.

Soumis par Shafiee le lun 10/08/2020 - 13:01

Permalien
These days most people are juggling their job and their family life. Indeed, as you get older, it’s likely you’ll have more commitments compared with your younger days. And that could mean you don’t have a lot of time left for your friends. So even if you have every intention of staying in touch, it’s easy to neglect your friends and even lose contact with them altogether when life gets hectic.

Soumis par bloomy le jeu 23/07/2020 - 15:54

Permalien
I think the best way to get in touch with friends we see often is to send them messages in social media , like whatsap , facebook, instagram

Soumis par OlaIELTS le dim 10/05/2020 - 16:14

Permalien
The best way of staying in touch with such friend is by sending him or her an e-mail.

Soumis par Huini le dim 03/05/2020 - 12:05

Permalien
Friends are a blessing for everybody. People need friends to pass their time vividly. People love to share their feelings, enjoys, sorrows, happiness, etc to their friends. Like other people, I have many friends including school or university friends. For the sake of every individual, we live in different places. Sometimes we meet our friends in different ways. The way I would like to meet my friends is passing time in a restaurant. Pili is one of my favorite friends, I haven't been in touch for such a long time. Despite our desires, we can't meet each other owing to not being free. I have been busy since last month. Pili is also busy with his job. A few days ago, he gave me a mail to meet with him. I replied positively. We really need a good catch up. We planned to catch up at a nearby restaurant at our university. Can't wait to see him.

Soumis par Bunga le ven 03/04/2020 - 10:45

Permalien
Nowadays,I think it's not possible to always having keep in touch with our friends. There are so many medium we can use to stay in touch with our friend like whatsat or Instagram. If we can't meet for a long time we can make video call for a while or we can chat or send some picture from us.

Soumis par batool asha le lun 16/12/2019 - 14:14

Permalien
I think the best way to keep in touch with our friends is by texting or by social media.

Soumis par Sabah le jeu 18/07/2019 - 00:43

Permalien
I usually get in touch with my friends on facebook or by calling them on phone.

Soumis par mariolawilcox le mar 30/04/2019 - 14:14

Permalien
The best way to be in touch with friends I don’t see often is by Facebook