Bicycles and motorbikes

How often do you ride a bicycle or motorbike? Learn some vocabulary for speaking about your bike by doing these exercises.

Soumis par it'sBeBe le lun 01/11/2021 - 12:05

Permalien

The city where my university is located mainly use bicycles and motorcycles. Even though I live in the hostel of university, the distance between the hostel and the main building is a bit far. So I've to ride motorcycle to go to the class. :)

Soumis par Zamira le dim 17/10/2021 - 21:21

Permalien

I often ride a bicycle. My husband and I prefer riding in countrysides. We wear special sport clothes, sport shoes and helmets. My husband always observes places where we ride and cars in order to prevent any kinds of dangerous situations. We have several types of bikes, but my favourite is mountain bikes.

Soumis par dariowins le ven 28/05/2021 - 10:18

Permalien
Every weekend I go to the park with my young daughter to ride a bike for about four hours. She is very good at riding a bike and me too, we enjoy riding together. When I travel to home country, Dominican Republic, I use my motorbike, it's compulsory to wear a helmet but I can say it isn't confortable to ride wearing a helmet because the weather it is very hot at any time and any day of the year, but I know that I have wear it for safety.

Soumis par ANOUAR le mer 14/04/2021 - 13:22

Permalien
I do have a motorBike, it helps me alot because it pick me to my office and also it serves me in alot of other things

Soumis par Rafaela1 le lun 05/04/2021 - 14:15

Permalien
When I was younger, I used to ride a bike almost everyday. I was such a reckless driver. As I get older, now I’m scared of a reckless car driver.... Somehow, I rarely ride a bike recently... ;)

Soumis par Abrarhussain le lun 05/04/2021 - 07:13

Permalien
I ride a motorbike around two hours from Manchester to Nottingham in the UK.

Soumis par cittàutopica le mar 30/03/2021 - 17:51

Permalien
I don't have neither a bicycle nor a motorbike at present, but only a car. When I was a little girl, I had a red bicycle; after, when I was young, I've been using my father's bicycle.I like walking now, because my town is above sea level.

Soumis par Liax le dim 14/03/2021 - 21:14

Permalien
I ride bycicle every week-end with my chidren. We ride near to our home in a park

Soumis par Htoo Sandi Soe Moe le ven 15/01/2021 - 17:25

Permalien
In the morning and in the evening, i often ride a bicycle. I can't ride a motorbike. I like riding bicycle because I feel the cool breeze. It touches my face makes me fresh.

Soumis par moniMee le mer 13/01/2021 - 04:32

Permalien
I used to ride bicycle when I was young. My father taught me how to ride it. But I could only ride when there was few people on the street or no traffic. Now I am today years old and I have plenty things to do so I rarely ride a bicycle.

Soumis par Suraj paliwal le mer 02/12/2020 - 12:33

Permalien
I love riding motorbike with helmet and my girlfriend sit in back.We enjoy long drive

Soumis par BlaiChan le lun 30/11/2020 - 18:05

Permalien
I own a motorbike but I'm currently far away from home. When I'm in home town, i always use my private one wherever I go out. I really love riding it. I actually was able to ride since I was a 10 year old boy. In my place, people mostly use motorbikes to get their destination.

Soumis par Fjorela Marra le ven 27/11/2020 - 10:44

Permalien
Actually, I can't use my bike, I'd love to but I'm so far to my house.

Soumis par Ayuloraine sit… le mer 18/11/2020 - 04:42

Permalien
unfortunately, i can't ride the Bicycles and motorbikes, so i have going to someplace by bicycles or motorbikes by my self.

Soumis par Rafaela1 le jeu 12/11/2020 - 15:45

Permalien
My bike is a folding bike and it's small. I rarely use my bike. ;)

Soumis par May Snow le jeu 29/10/2020 - 11:09

Permalien
Actually,I dont usually ride a bicycle or motorbikes because I cant ride.As I grew up at the city,I dont get chance to ride a bicycle also to teach how to ride a bicycle. That's why I have nothing to describe about riding bicycle or motorbike.

Soumis par viramala le dim 18/10/2020 - 14:19

Permalien
When I was teenager I had bicycle and with friends we had competition who will be first. It is so enjoyable and warm memories.

Soumis par Pola le jeu 10/09/2020 - 19:37

Permalien
Iam no longer ride motorbike or bicycle, although I had motorbike but I don't used to ride.
Hi Pola, I understand what do you mean, I think it would be better like this, I no longer ride motorbikes or bicycles, although I had owned a motorbike I didn't use it

Soumis par MALET le ven 28/08/2020 - 14:57

i like biking along the Promenade des Anglais in Spring watching the blue sea

Soumis par Asni le lun 24/08/2020 - 23:31

Permalien
At present, I don't ride any of them. I rode a bicycle years ago. I used to live near the university then, so I rode a bike only when I was with friends to go somewhere, downtown city or some restaurant, etc. I never rode a motorbike and I think I would never dare do so. I'm scared of driving a motorcycle!

Soumis par John A. le ven 21/08/2020 - 10:51

Permalien
There is a long time I ride a bike. The only one that I use to ...is the one in my gym. But with this nice weather I would like to do some outside.

Soumis par M.Saleh le mar 11/08/2020 - 22:08

Permalien
When I was young. I used to be riding a bicycle once a day, for going to school.

Soumis par kayenaat537 le dim 26/07/2020 - 12:27

Permalien
I enjoy cycling but I don't have halmate ... I will buy whenever I have a money...

Soumis par KARIANA MENIN le ven 03/07/2020 - 19:36

Permalien
I´am a cyclist, so I always riding my bike. I usualy go to the country side, on the dirty roads, but something I riding on the road. I just love it

Soumis par Bhuttu Pahan le jeu 18/06/2020 - 18:31

Permalien
I always wear a helmet when I ride my motorbike. People hardly see me without motorbike and so happen, if I take a walk they ask 'Where is your motorbike? ...Ha Ha Ha

Soumis par Ahmed.A le lun 08/06/2020 - 17:50

Permalien
I no longer ride a bicycle or motorbike but I used to ride a bicycle when I was young. I would go to the countryside on Fridays. I learnt a lot from this lesson—imagine I didn't know these words and phrases, with the exception of a few ones. Thank you Learn English Team.

Soumis par Aye Mon le lun 25/05/2020 - 13:08

Permalien
We always use bicycles when we go out near by. Usually when the summer comes.

Soumis par thuy02102000 le sam 23/05/2020 - 06:54

Permalien
I only have a motorbike, I don't have any bicycles. I always ride my motorbike to go out, go to school, go shopping, go anywhere that I want.

Soumis par Hellman le jeu 21/05/2020 - 01:53

Permalien
I ride my bike every day, it is my transportation to work, i enjoy ridding my bike, feel the wind against my face makes forget my troubles!

Soumis par Mamta Gusain le mar 31/03/2020 - 12:28

Permalien
I used to ride bicycle in my childhood days. i used to go market on my bicycle to buy stationary items. Every evening i had a bicycle competition with my friends. sometimes i got injured my self due to fast ride. but those days were good. cycling was a kind of game for us. which was giving us pleasure. and also makes us physically fit. I missed those days a lot.

Soumis par Daudau0601 le dim 29/03/2020 - 15:40

Permalien
i used to ride a bike to go to school when i was a student. I think it is very excited, good for my health and environment. i often ride a bike to cross the field and enjoy the fresh air in my country. i really like that feeling

Soumis par Smiley1 le mar 24/03/2020 - 15:18

Permalien
I used to ride a bicycle to go to the nearest station and just go around my city. But nowadays I don’t ride a bicycle from fear of recklessness.

Soumis par piyush_bpin le sam 21/03/2020 - 23:54

Permalien
Although I like to drive a car, I often ride my sport bicycle to go around city. This helps me to stay physically fit. I am enjoy riding my bicycle and since it has many advance features, it makes riding experience more pleasurable. It comes with four gears system where rider can adjust gear level as per comfort. It also has flexible saddle so I can raise or lower saddle without much physical effort. I don't have to worry about flat tire because it has tubeless system. However, this bicycle requires high maintenance and routine oil spread over chain to make rotation smooth. First rules of thumb, I always put on my helmet before riding it.

Soumis par Scommel le mar 17/03/2020 - 14:36

Permalien
i ride bicycle occasionally even if i like bicycles and motorcycles in general it is not an activity that i practice regularly, i like hanging out in the down town eapacially the week end , most people are off so the bicycle road are empty so i do a big tour crossing all the parcs on my way, i find it very relaxing .
week end= weekend down town= downtown eapacially the week end= especially during weekends bicycle road are= bicycle roads are i do a big tour crossing all the parcs on my way= i take a long tour passing all parks on my way back to home

Soumis par wcyam10 le mar 25/02/2020 - 07:01

Permalien
I used to ride on my bicycle every evening for leisure. I enjoyed the fresh and cool breeze very much. However, I stop doing that recently due to heavy air pollution which is caused by the released of chemical particles into the air by the factories nearby my area.
However, I stop= stopped However, I stopped going out on my bicycle because of the heavy air pollution created by many chemical factories in this area.

Soumis par Smiley1 le mar 18/02/2020 - 13:39

Permalien
I used to ride a bike every day to go to the nearest station. I like to ride it! But I don't go by bike recently because I'm afraid of reckless car drivers in a city and, vice versa, I'm a bit a reckless biker. So I like to ride it in a countryside.

Soumis par Jeneia le mar 18/02/2020 - 11:21

Permalien
From spring to autumn I usually ride my bike every day. This year, however, I've been using it until mid-January. I go by bike basically everywhere - to my workplace, to friends and family members, to the shops, and I even like riding it aimlessly - just to relax and free my mind after a long day. :) I used to have a motorbike as well for 4 years, with which I used to go to the mountains and also to different bikers' events and festivals.

Soumis par Ammaraf le dim 02/02/2020 - 08:56

Permalien
In the past when I was younger I ride bicycle in my town streets, I enjoyed too much birthing a clear air and seeing the mountains, trees and river passing across the city under bridge.

Soumis par AdrianaPC le jeu 16/01/2020 - 11:25

Permalien
I use a bicycle to move arround the town. There is a lot of kilometres of bike line in my town so it´s easier and more sustentable movi by bike.

Soumis par mtalebi le dim 01/09/2019 - 14:49

Permalien
I seldom use bicycle or motorbike because it is dangerous and unsafe in our country, Iran. People usually use bicycle in park for entertainment.

Soumis par Aisha na Shadee le jeu 22/08/2019 - 21:26

Permalien
I use a motorbike to go to work because it is fastest and easiest transport in my area. In morning there is normally a huge traffic jam so if a person use a public transport or his/her own private car needs to get up very early around 4.00 am in order to get in time at his/her working station.

Soumis par funnylearn le jeu 15/08/2019 - 10:18

Permalien
oops, I drive motorbike everyday. Go to work. This is the main vehicle in my country so you can supprised why is so many. The roads are always stuck in traffic and you might go crazy and take times for waitting