Meeting other students

Listen to a group of new students meeting for the first time to practise and improve your listening skills.

Do the preparation task first. Then listen to the audio and do the exercises.

Teacher: So, now you've got the important information, it's time to meet each other. Everyone turn to the people next to you and introduce yourselves.

Cara: So, hi. I'm Cara. And you are?

Robert: Robert.

Selim: Selim.

Cara: Nice to meet you!

Robert and Selim: You too.

Robert: Nice accent. Where are you from?

Cara: I'm from Glasgow.

Robert: Oh, really? My mum's from near Glasgow, so I'm half Scottish.

Cara: Cool. Do you live in Scotland?

Robert: No, we live in England, near Manchester. My dad's from there. What about you, Selim?

Selim: I'm from Leeds originally but I grew up near London.

Cara: Are you both doing history on its own?

Selim: No. I'm doing history and German.

Robert: I'm doing it with maths, actually.

Selim: History and maths. That's different!

Robert: Yeah, I couldn't decide between arts and sciences. Maths doesn't help with remembering dates, though! And you?

Cara: I'm doing history and French.

Selim: I wanted to do French but German was easier, so I took that.

Cara: German is so hard!

Do you need to improve your English listening skills?

Worksheet75.24 Ko

A1 English level (elementary)

Soumis par Pedro Javier le dim 01/11/2020 - 15:31

Permalien
My favority subjects was math an arts, I dont like science

Soumis par cuba le dim 25/10/2020 - 22:12

Permalien
I love study and learn new things every day, during my school period my favorite subject was history, although my best grades i always got it in Math.

Soumis par alexiaimogen le ven 23/10/2020 - 05:56

Permalien
I'd like to choose psychology as my favorite one. It's interesting to know and understand more about a human beings.

Soumis par GhazalQadriRazvi le lun 19/10/2020 - 21:57

Permalien
I really love to study literature but I have done my masters in Biological Science.

Soumis par Suraj paliwal le lun 19/10/2020 - 06:15

Permalien
I like to study economics, statistics. I can do more in this subject.

Soumis par Ugulhan le mer 14/10/2020 - 19:26

Permalien
Overall, I studied French, German, and English subjects at home country University so my first diploma was awarded as a translator of world language at the University of Tashkent. But I should be honest, that I studied most time English instead of French or German. At the moment, I studied the technical subjects so I was awarded as a technical writer at the University of Germany. I am interested in technical subjects, like semiconductors or software programs.

Soumis par Moon Wathan le mer 07/10/2020 - 15:05

Permalien
I like to study Math. It is very interesting and fun and then I am graduated in master degree with Math. So, I love Math.

Soumis par Than Kutay Soe le jeu 01/10/2020 - 15:28

Permalien
I like to study Agricultural Sciences, especially about rice genetics.

Soumis par esi le jeu 17/09/2020 - 19:27

Permalien
I like to learn physiks,math and psycology. Alack!i dont time

Soumis par marialuisa le mar 15/09/2020 - 14:12

Permalien
I studied marketing and computer graphic and now this is my job

Soumis par Mostafa.Osama.Salem. le sam 12/09/2020 - 16:51

I like studying Maths, Physics, Chemistry and Arabic

Soumis par mauld le sam 12/09/2020 - 14:45

Permalien
I like studying technology and financial inventory

Soumis par Lysa le ven 04/09/2020 - 08:57

Permalien
I have a big attraction towards scientific subjets especially chemistry and physics.

Soumis par ESPERANZA MARINO le mar 01/09/2020 - 21:11

Permalien
I like studying math, economy, languages, financial

Soumis par Faheem Khan le sam 29/08/2020 - 05:51

Permalien
i would like to study marketing subject. because i love marketing field and i want to create my own company. marketing can help us in the running businesses and to create awareness in people

Soumis par sepehr le mar 25/08/2020 - 10:20

Permalien
I like to study English and I've started. I'm sure I can pass it, because of my potential and free times I have.

Soumis par biso01 le lun 24/08/2020 - 10:46

Permalien
I would like to studty law sciences, its very interesting science. it makes you able to know your rights and you can speaking behalf the innocents.

Soumis par ErichPD le jeu 13/08/2020 - 01:48

Permalien
I like study computer's science, biology, guitar, musical theory.

Soumis par HeinHtetKyaw le mer 12/08/2020 - 01:56

Permalien
I like to study English I have been learning English for about two years I wished to learn with a teacher but unfortunately, I've worked at in Bangkok

Soumis par MARIANO_HB le mar 11/08/2020 - 22:02

Permalien
When I was a student I liked to study maths and Physical subjects. I used to teach these subjects because I found funny all related to numbers and science.

Soumis par mohamed hassan sobh le lun 03/08/2020 - 12:29

Permalien
selim study history and math !!!

Soumis par Phan Bao Dung le mar 28/07/2020 - 17:54

Permalien
I liked study Chemistry since 8th grade. My major in university was Chemical Engineer. At the moment, I work as a laboratory technician in a pharmaceutical company. I love this job that I started working right after graduating from university.

Soumis par I am le mer 22/07/2020 - 19:18

Permalien
When I was younger and studied at university I preferring to studying constitutional law! because I’d studied at a lawyer. But now, when I dedicated more than a decade to my career path to practicing law, my interests is became so broad. I dedicated a lot of time to discovered a source of law, their genesis and basis. I started to examine a history of countries, a history of nations and global history, emerging process in economic and political growing, psychology and humane nature. But, for me personally, most significant book is a Bible. This Holy Book contain all knowledges, which needed for every person.

Soumis par Alifaraax le mer 22/07/2020 - 17:07

Permalien
I like to study ecology, it's really one of my favorite subject in the university ecology basic tell us how the living organisms interacts among them and how they will interact the non living part of the environment.

Soumis par Ahmad_Khalil le mar 21/07/2020 - 10:49

I like the computer's Science, Math, and languages

Soumis par Miri85 le lun 20/07/2020 - 10:16

Permalien
Now I like to study languages but for some years ago I liked to study chemistry. I reallydon´t have any subject that I am passioneted about.

Soumis par syah le dim 19/07/2020 - 13:22

Permalien
I like to study math and I also kinda like physics and programming.

Soumis par Jasmeen Mughal le mar 07/07/2020 - 07:47

Permalien
I like my own subject Economics and English and Maths too.

Soumis par jonon le dim 05/07/2020 - 18:30

Permalien
I like to study englsih because I like the language

Soumis par 7Elhoussaine A. le ven 03/07/2020 - 15:54

Permalien
I like to study Computer science major.

Soumis par qziad le mer 01/07/2020 - 16:24

Permalien
I like to study English language, maths and chemistry

Soumis par Ronake le sam 27/06/2020 - 22:53

Permalien
I would love to study Accounting and English. Because I'm good at maths and working well with quantitative data. As the second subject, English is a great tool to communicate and do research for different projects, I want to be proficient in English.

Soumis par Ragdaalamin le mar 23/06/2020 - 08:53

Permalien
i like study statistic and math all time .but resently i like english so i studying it.

Soumis par Sandy Analy On… le lun 22/06/2020 - 01:23

Permalien
I like to study maths and history.