Shopping for clothes

Listen to a conversation in a shop to practise and improve your listening skills.

Do the preparation task first. Then listen to the audio and do the exercises.

Shop assistant: Hello, can I help you?

Customer: I'm just looking, thanks.

Customer: Excuse me?

Shop assistant: Yes?

Customer: Where are the changing rooms?

Shop assistant: They're over there. Behind you.

Customer: Thank you.

Customer: Hi. Excuse me again. Do you have this jumper in black?

Shop assistant: Yes, just a moment. What size do you need?

Customer: Extra small, please.

Shop assistant: Here you are.

Customer: How much is this?

Shop assistant: It's £29.

Customer: Can I pay by credit card?

Shop assistant: Yes, you can. Of course.

Shop assistant: Would you like a bag for that?

Customer: Yes, please.

Do you need to improve your English listening skills?

Worksheet61.23 Ko
Profile picture for user Rafaela1

Soumis par Rafaela1 le dim 31/01/2021 - 14:18

Permalien
I got a warm wool blanket. It's not actually a cloth like a sweater, but it can be a cloth like a poncho. ;)

Soumis par mostafa99 le dim 31/01/2021 - 06:20

Permalien
I enjoy shopping, I enjoy going mall even if I didn't want to buy anything.

Soumis par kautsar le sam 30/01/2021 - 13:49

Permalien
yes, i do. in that case i did'nt buy clothes and shoes frequently. sometimes i buy 1 shoes or clothes and then i did'nt buy more for a long time.

Soumis par May Sabai Phyu le dim 24/01/2021 - 04:49

Permalien
I enjoy shopping. I sometimes go shopping to buy some longyi and blouses.

Soumis par German le mer 20/01/2021 - 01:05

Permalien
I enjoy shopping but when I like a shoes or clothes I buy it fast and the last times I have bought shoes online

Soumis par paola Beltran le lun 18/01/2021 - 21:45

Permalien
I enjoy to go to shopping sometimes I go shopping I buy dress, skirts. Also I like buy shirt. I almost never buy shoes.

Soumis par Suraj paliwal le mer 30/12/2020 - 07:12

Permalien
Hi everyone, I am new here. I like to go shopping but this pandemic affect the world throughly. I study at university. When I feel distress I usually go to malls and cinema. I enjoy full of time in this day and I do that because be free stress.

Soumis par glen le dim 20/12/2020 - 21:21

Permalien
Yes, everyone, I suppose love shopping indeed, I go shopping almost every week before but during this time of crisis I only do online clothes shopping and with a limit. I have to be very careful with my spending these days.

Soumis par Tatiana barrera le mar 15/12/2020 - 17:25

Permalien
I like to buy new clothes,I always buy it around six months or one year

Soumis par pabloxje le mer 09/12/2020 - 03:18

Permalien
It depends, some days I am happy to go shopping, but other days, specially when I'm tired, I hate going to the shop.

Soumis par myle le ven 04/12/2020 - 09:38

Permalien
Hi! I've checked the answer sheet. Is there anyone who sees in Task 1 the order of sentence 4 và 5 should switch? I think they numbered the wrong position

Hello myle,

You are right -- the two options are not in the correct order on the worksheet. I've made a note for us to fix this.

Thanks for taking the time to point this out to us and I'm sorry for any confusion!

Soumis par Aidana Omirbek le jeu 03/12/2020 - 17:03

Permalien
Yes, I like shoping because this is relax moment for me. I goes shoping every 2 months. I like bought comfortable shoes, for example sneakers, boots. Also, I loved many different dresses.

Soumis par m.someah le mar 01/12/2020 - 15:32

Permalien
Most women are keen on shopping and I am not an exception. Indeed, going to malls and markets make me feel relaxed and confident. As we are struggling with covid-19 these days, I just buy my necessities from online shops. However, I usually used to go shopping once or twice a month for clothes or shoes.

Soumis par Sergio1994 le dim 29/11/2020 - 16:25

Permalien
i want to shopping in best buy or any store of usa, canada to practice my english. But in this situation of covid, there are few flights in m country.

Soumis par hasan.kumek le sam 28/11/2020 - 16:33

Permalien
I'd likebto go shopping mall. I can go to shopping tomorrow. This days we have black friday and every there we can see some discount. I order shoes and a sweat.
Profile picture for user DJ Singh

Soumis par DJ Singh le mar 24/11/2020 - 10:13

Permalien
Oh Yeah, I love doing shopping, when I need something quick I go for offline shopping. on the other hand, if I am not in hurry I mean I can wait for 3-4 days to get delivered my order within sometimes then I go for online shopping with lots of variety. Going out shopping is fun but if I want to save time and do advance shopping I go online.

Soumis par Carlos Cabrera le mer 18/11/2020 - 03:27

Permalien
I like shopping technology online, is very easy and simple. Rarely go shopping a store.

Soumis par Pedro Javier le dim 08/11/2020 - 15:24

Permalien
I love shopping, I like to go and see all the stores and buy new clothes and shoes to look good at all times, also now I like to buy online is a good option to avoid crowding in stores and find the best prices. I actually shop when I really need something, if there is something I don't like is to go shopping with my wife, she visits all the stores and doesn't like anything, She is very hesitant

Soumis par Suraj paliwal le mer 21/10/2020 - 07:12

Permalien
Yes, I like to shopping. In India festival season has been starting. I and my family goes to shopping.

Soumis par GhazalQadriRazvi le lun 19/10/2020 - 22:27

Permalien
Actually I don't enjoy going shopping that much. Its a tiring process. I like to shop online more. It's easy and convenient for me.

Soumis par Samqaid le sam 17/10/2020 - 20:33

Permalien
Yes, I enjoy shopping. .I go to buy clothes with my friends. I love it so much. I can flirt girls and make a fun .it was interesting. Every one here goes to shopping at Eid times .especially at Ramadan month.

Soumis par Ugulhan le jeu 15/10/2020 - 07:06

Permalien
Oh. I love shopping every day so I go shopping for clothes or shoes. For example, I was yesterday in the shoe shop, and I saw two of my favourite winter shoe and some discount prices for summer shoes. I think I will buy with the discount prices for summer shoes. Later, I will buy winter shoes.

Soumis par DEICY le lun 12/10/2020 - 18:59

Permalien
I love buy shoes an clothes, but I don't like go to shopping in busy or crowded places.

Soumis par Htet Wint Thu Aung le sam 10/10/2020 - 17:12

Permalien
If there is anything to go for a trip or I want to get new clothes or shoes, I go shopping.

Soumis par Moon Wathan le sam 10/10/2020 - 16:25

Permalien
Yeah, I like shopping. I go the shopping per month for clothes or shoes. I think this shopping day will be the last day of month because it is the day I get the salary from work.

Soumis par Maria19 le mar 06/10/2020 - 21:07

Permalien
Yes, I enjoy shopping online. It's much better for me because in this way my time is less wasted.
Profile picture for user Donrodrigo888

Soumis par Donrodrigo888 le jeu 01/10/2020 - 23:38

Permalien
I sometimes go to the shopping but because of the covid 19, I am not going to the shopping this year.

Soumis par Kishen le lun 28/09/2020 - 08:25

Permalien
Yes,I love to shopping but I don't know what I have to buy.I will go to shopping with my friend when they called me to go there.

Soumis par Pola le dim 20/09/2020 - 18:20

Permalien
Yes, I do. I enjoy shopping with my best friend, I don't like to shopping from the websites. Usually I go to shopping every end of season I'm harry up to the shopping before end of the sale.
Profile picture for user Giza Maria

Soumis par Giza Maria le sam 19/09/2020 - 00:04

Permalien
I don't like shopping, think it's very boring...
Profile picture for user shelly

Soumis par shelly le lun 07/09/2020 - 07:17

Permalien
Yes, I enjoy it very much. Usually go to the supermarket once or twice a week, but I rearly buy clothes in the mall or in the supermarket. I like buying clothes on-line because it is very convinience and you could buy something at anytime/anyplaces. Meanwhile it is very easy to change for another one or return it back if you donot like it.

Soumis par Lysa le ven 04/09/2020 - 11:15

Permalien
Of course I do but I go shopping clothes and/or shoes only when I am in need.

Soumis par Faheem Khan le lun 31/08/2020 - 03:42

Permalien
i love to visit supermarket and buy clothes but we just visit twice a year because asian people are not much rich like europrean so due to lack of facility we would not to buy everyrhing

Soumis par Thao mee le sam 29/08/2020 - 05:09

Permalien
My family and i uasully go to supermarket on the weekend. We buy some food and household for next week. I'm crazy about baking cake so i spent time to buy equipment to do this.

Soumis par thuyhup le ven 28/08/2020 - 03:00

Permalien
yeah, I'm interested in shopping, especially when I'm stress, it help me feel more comfortable. I often go shopping for clothes more than for shoes. At least, I buy clothes once a month. As for buying shoes, I only go shopping when it is necessary and about once or twice a year because my shoes have been very durable.

Soumis par biso01 le lun 24/08/2020 - 11:55

Permalien
i think the shopping is the second interesting thing after eating i like it very much and i can spend the whole day in shopping and try the clothes. i usually go to shop every weekend and i spend my whole salary in shopping

Soumis par camiladmelo le sam 15/08/2020 - 16:44

Permalien
Yes, I love shopping. Love buy clothes. It makes me feel renewed.
Profile picture for user Rafaela1

Soumis par Rafaela1 le mer 12/08/2020 - 12:33

Permalien
Recently I don't enjoy shopping for clothes and shoes anymore because of COVID-19... :|

Soumis par MARIANO_HB le mer 12/08/2020 - 01:11

Permalien
I like shopping but I usually buy my things in e-commerce for example Amazon.

Soumis par Aung Wai Phyo le lun 03/08/2020 - 15:09

Permalien
I quite like shopping, but I rarely go to the shop for clothes, because my sister has bought for me.

Soumis par Phan Bao Dung le mer 29/07/2020 - 06:21

Permalien
I really enjoy shopping. I usually go shopping every weekend to buy food and household for my family. I sometimes go to the malls to buy clothes and shoes. I spend a lot of time and money there but I always control myself. I only buy things that are really necessary and affordable.

Soumis par I am le lun 27/07/2020 - 18:31

Permalien
Like a lot of people, I enjoy to buying a new things, especially clothes or electronic devices. But we should reasonably spending our money, because not every new thing, which we seeing in the shop with sale price is really necessary for us.

Soumis par I am le jeu 23/07/2020 - 18:46

Permalien
Honestly I like to buying new things, including clothes and shoes. I tend take a purchases in sales, when discounts starting to apply. But I suppose people should reasonably relating to shopping, because when you became spending money for clothes is difficult to stop.

Soumis par Ahmad_Khalil le mar 21/07/2020 - 11:22

Permalien
I like shopping, but mostly not for clothing.

Soumis par syah le lun 20/07/2020 - 14:04

Permalien
Yes of course. But, I kinda rarely go shopping. I only go shopping about two or three times a year especially if there is a discount. I usually just go sightseeing when I am in mall, not for buying some clothes, because I have to save my money for other purposes.