Snacks and desserts in Britain

Vocabulary exercises to help learn words for some snacks and desserts in Britain.

Are you ready to take your vocabulary to the next level?

A1 English level (elementary)

Soumis par ptngiau le ven 02/09/2022 - 04:35

Permalien

I like biscuits, crackers, chocolate cake, crisps, cake, ice cream, pie and cupcakes but I often eat fruits for dessert.
Where I live, one of the snacks is 'chè' that is often cooked with water, sugar, a kind of bean and juice of coco. ('Chè' is a Vietnamese word).

Soumis par nadyanightingale le mer 23/03/2022 - 16:36

Permalien

I do like sweets so much, unfortunately. Because I notice that I' really upset when there's very little sweets at home. It could be called also obsession I guess. I can't get used to reduce sugar in my menu. I very hope that it will be the case when my parental leave is over.

Soumis par mostafa99 le mar 09/11/2021 - 23:42

Permalien

I like to eat crisps with every breakfast meal and also i like to eat biscuits between lectures in university because it fulfil my energy to stay focused

Soumis par Andrea Valencia le dim 23/05/2021 - 23:31

Permalien
I like to eat chocolate and potato chips, I like cookies too. Where I live the typical snacks are potato chips and nuts.

Soumis par ANOUAR le jeu 04/03/2021 - 09:12

Permalien
I'd like to eat for desert fruits, pie and chocolate cake. In our country we eat all the kind of dessert "cakes, crackers, chocolate cake, pie, nuts" and sometimes cupcakes.
Profile picture for user Optimist

Soumis par Optimist le dim 22/11/2020 - 19:43

Permalien
I like ice cream , pie and dark chocolate .

Soumis par Htet Wint Thu Aung le dim 11/10/2020 - 14:29

Permalien
I like eating ice cream, cake , crisps. In my country, foods like nuts, crisps are eaten as desserts.

Soumis par Pola le sam 05/09/2020 - 16:48

Permalien
Iam like the ice cream chocolate and vanilla with chocolate sauce, l love it. The snacks which I like eat it some biscuits and nuts .

Soumis par Asni le jeu 30/07/2020 - 23:37

Permalien
For dessert, I like to eat anything that has chocolate like chocolate cake, chocolate biscuits or a piece of chocolate. About typical snacks, I'm not really sure, I see people eating muffins, cakes, chips, even sandwishes as a snack.

Rôles

• Utilisateur anonyme role (no expiration)

Soumis par RixNguyen (non vérifié) le mar 09/06/2020 - 15:56

Permalien
I often eat fruit, yogurt or ice cream for dessert. where I live the popular snacks is potato chip bags and nuts.

Soumis par thuy02102000 le lun 18/05/2020 - 08:28

Permalien
I usually enjoy some kind of fruit for my desert after lunch or dinner. Some of fruits I like is mango, banana, guava, apple, watermelon, .... I pretty don't like eat snacks especially cookies, or biscuits because I think it is hard for me to eat. But I like eating cupcake because it is tiny, soft, has cream,....
Profile picture for user OlaIELTS

Soumis par OlaIELTS le lun 18/05/2020 - 03:05

Permalien
I would like to take pie and ice cream for dessert. The typical snacks where i live includes biscuits, crackers, fish roll, buns, nuts, crisps, puffs, donut and so on.

Soumis par Alexis GG le lun 11/05/2020 - 19:00

Permalien
Typical snacks in my country are cheese with bread and sometimes slice of ham with a glass of wine for apperitive. But there are also a lot of kind of crackers like bretzels for example. I do like desserts but I prefer main meals. At this time my favourite is Paris-Brest, but I have to buy it because it's hard to cook. I often cook pancakes and crepes or chocolat cake. I have to try more like pies with different fruits.

Soumis par marzieh le ven 01/05/2020 - 18:51

Permalien
I do like to eat for dessert the ice cream and pie. the typical snacks in my country are ice cream and crisps.

Soumis par FRANCY JACQUEL… le mar 21/04/2020 - 20:54

Permalien
I like eat pies, cupcakes, for birthday i prefer cake. In Colombia, we usually prepare cakes with fruits, various recipes for cakes, cookies, we eat a lot of ice cream in the parks.

Soumis par Dariusz le mer 01/04/2020 - 01:05

Permalien
For dessert I like to eat most crisps and cake. The most typical snacks in my country are chips.

Hello bud,

In British English, 'biscuits' are a sweet, baked food. In American English, these are called 'cookies'. In American English, a biscuit is a kind of bread, usually about the size of a cupcake and eaten with gravy.

By the way, could you please change your username so that it's written in Roman letters so that everyone can read it?

Thanks in advance.

All the best

Profile picture for user Sabrasriya

Soumis par Sabrasriya le lun 17/02/2020 - 13:00

Permalien
I like to eat biscuit for dessert. I live in Srilanka.

Soumis par JTEROBA le ven 21/06/2019 - 04:50

Permalien
I prefer nuts and sometimes ice cream. In my city there are a lot of desserts such as borrachitos, tortas de santa clara and camotes, however I do not eat it.
Profile picture for user mtalebi

Soumis par mtalebi le sam 09/02/2019 - 04:52

Permalien
I like to eat ice cream,chocolate, and cake. In my country, Iran, there are some desserts such as "Palode shirazi", "Halva lari", "Gaz Isfahan","Sohan Qom".

Soumis par ingenierocronos le mar 05/02/2019 - 14:30

Permalien
Hi. I prefer eat deserts with less sugar, but sometimes i eat ice cream and cakes.
Profile picture for user Stanley Alvarez

Soumis par Stanley Alvarez le dim 27/01/2019 - 22:21

Permalien
Hi!!! In my country, Colombia, It's usually eating cake or chocolate cake for dessert. But, It's more usually common drinking coffee after the meal!!!

Hello Ervin88,

There are no .pdf files on this page. Not every page has them, I'm afraid. It is possible that we will add them in the future but we are a small team here at LearnEnglish and creating pdf files is quite a time-intensive task for us.