Do the exercises to improve your vocabulary for air travel.

Are you ready to take your vocabulary to the next level?

B1 English level (intermediate)

Soumis par Finn Pete le ven 19/03/2021 - 13:32

Permalien
I noticed, there is tecknically no right answer to select to the question of where you can see all the flights, cause departures are only half of the flights on an airport.

Hi Finn Pete,

I've rephrased the question to make it clearer. Thanks for letting us know :)

Jonathan

Soumis par Finn Pete le ven 19/03/2021 - 06:12

Permalien
Using iPad to fill the blancks the keyboard (on-screen) automatically starts with a capitol letter, which then result an error. Slightly annoying, but ofcource I now stand corrected. The longest trip I ever took was from Kahului, Maui HI to Helsinki, Finland, which took 38 hours and had four legs. The longest flight on my way was from Chicago to Manchester. That took 9.5 hours. The Red-eye from LA to Chicago was tolling allready before the intercontinental to UK. The direct distance from Hawaii to Helsinki is the longest possible, cause Hawaii is right on the opposite side of the World. Twelve hours apart by time zones. Longest ever direct flight has been Helsinki - Bangkok, Thailand, which took about 11 hours.

Soumis par cittàutopica le jeu 18/03/2021 - 14:45

Permalien
I travelled by plane many times, both for holiday and work, but my travels by plane are quite short (three hours, if at all), because I don't like the travels too much long-lasting, where i can't move around.

Soumis par ANOUAR le ven 12/03/2021 - 08:40

Permalien
I have never travelled in a plane, but soon I'm going to do so!

Soumis par Andrea Valencia le lun 08/03/2021 - 22:35

Permalien
Yes, I have traveled by air, the longest flight I have taken was from Cali to Bogota, it lasted thirty minutes.

Soumis par Lilibeth-30 le mar 02/03/2021 - 22:49

Permalien
Hi, I have traveled ones time and I remember the longest flight was of 8 hours from Argentina. That was awesomely cool,because it was my first flight another country.

Soumis par Claudia18 le jeu 25/02/2021 - 22:05

Permalien
Yes, I travelled by air, but the flights were of maximum four hours from Buenos Aires to Lima. I enjoy travel and know the stores at the airport, although sometimes I have waited many hours for a connecting flight.

Soumis par Mohamed Abduka… le mer 24/02/2021 - 08:36

Permalien
this is was fun, I really enjoy collect answers, and the vocabulary was so easy, that because I travel with a plane a lot

Soumis par Verna Budi Amanda le mar 23/02/2021 - 10:21

Permalien
to be honest, i have never travelled by a plane. i never travelled that far too so taking a plane is unnecessary. but i'd like to try!

Soumis par mohamad90 le mer 10/02/2021 - 20:40

Permalien
The best item of an air travel is reaching to the destination. I feel bad all time in airplane because of nausea! So I think travel with train is the best election. Its safe, cheaper than airplane and enjoyable...

Soumis par Bau le jeu 04/02/2021 - 16:50

Permalien
I have travelled to Liverpool for four months. It took over 15 hours from Vietnam to UK. It was the first time I stayed long time in the airplane.

Soumis par jai kumar le mar 02/02/2021 - 11:19

Permalien
Hello to all. I am a new user. Looking forward to learning english. Yes, I have travelled multiple times by air. The longest flight was of 15 hours duration, from Karachi to Singapore. I enjoy air flights. This gives an opportunity to visit and explore various national and international airports. Travelling by aeroplane is much safer, easier and quicker than other forms of transport.

Soumis par Tessa Garcia le ven 15/01/2021 - 11:31

Permalien
I traveled by plane many times. Seven years ago I went from Spain to Thailand and the trip was fifteen hours.

Soumis par mhd91mode le mar 12/01/2021 - 20:06

Permalien
yes, I tried traveling by airplane once before, the journey took 3hours, I slept the entire journey because I was exhausted.

Soumis par marienyslara88 le dim 10/01/2021 - 13:36

Permalien
The longest flight I have taken was from Venezuela to Madrid with around 10 hours.

Soumis par marlio96 le ven 08/01/2021 - 17:46

Permalien
Yes, I have traveled by air some times here in my country among cities, the flights aren't long, it takes forty-five minutes approximately. The longest travel I have made by air was Bogota-San Andres Island, I enjoyed it so much this travel, it took one hour and a half, it was so beautiful to see the see before and after the landing. The thing I most scare about a flight is the takeoff.

Soumis par Marko Drop le mer 06/01/2021 - 10:30

Permalien
Yes. I travelled by plane. When I was 8. It was flight to Egypt (just couple hours). Our family prefer to travel by car. It is more comfortable and you don`t need to wait for your departure day if you want to visit another city or country.

Soumis par Elham Barakat le sam 02/01/2021 - 14:55

Permalien
I have travelled by air 3 times. It's a marvelous experience and joyful thing. My previous flight wasn't as long as much .It only takes 2 hours or less.
Profile picture for user amit_ck

Soumis par amit_ck le lun 28/12/2020 - 04:15

Permalien
Turn Out means to happen or become known to happen in a particular way What will be the best synonym here if I want to rephrase below this example • It turns out that she had known him when they were children

Hi amit_ck,

I'd suggest one of these options.

• It appears ...
  • It seems ...
  • It transpires ...

The last option is formal in style. What do you think, do these options capture your meaning?

Best wishes,

Jonathan

Profile picture for user Rafaela1

Soumis par Rafaela1 le dim 20/12/2020 - 14:33

Permalien
Mybe around 13 hours on board. Long journey!

Soumis par franciscakaras le sam 19/12/2020 - 17:39

Permalien
Yes, I travelled more than 10 times by air plane. And the longest flight I had taken was to Brazil. As you know the flight takes normally 9 hours. It's so long... But in the end it pays off because Brazil is an incredible country.

Soumis par Hoàng Đông le sam 19/12/2020 - 15:54

Permalien
Hello everyone. My name is Dong, I'm from Vietnam. Today I want to share about my experience when I go to another country by plane. That is Indonesia. That was the first time I got in the plane so that I felt nervous and scared. But with my curiosity all that feeling disappeared as soon as the plane took off. I tried to look down at the fields and houses. Suddenly I feel sad, I realized that I had to left my country for a new life. I thought that was everyone's common feeling. I had to fight for my choices. Furthermore, I didn't get plane-sick,but I couldn't eat, sleep and my ears wasn't comfortable. I finally arrived. Thanks be to God. So many things I want to share with you but I have no time. Thank you for your reading. I wish you a Merry Christmas. The Child Jesus and Maria be with you all.

Soumis par mr.yashar le dim 13/12/2020 - 12:08

Permalien
its amazing and wonderful.i learn more worlds and its useful.

Soumis par Chopper234 le mar 08/12/2020 - 07:00

Permalien
I travelled to Thai 1 year ago. I was checking and did everything in this unit. That's a wonderful time. Cause that is the first time i go abroad. Even I can't speak Thai language , but there are many people use English and Vietnamese languages. I went to Safari park which is the largest Park in East Asian. Many type of wild animal i didn't see before. My trip last 3 hours, so it seem comfortable when i was on plane.

Soumis par Thu Ha Nguyen le sam 05/12/2020 - 13:51

Permalien
The first time I traveled by plane when I moved to Germany. It took 20 hours from Vietnam to Germany. I got a plane-sick. I couldn´t eat anything and sleep on the plane. It was horrible. Now, I travel more often. So I don´t get sick anymore. I´ve already traveled to Turkey, Thailand, Indonesia. I really love traveling.
Profile picture for user Helena Clever

Soumis par Helena Clever le lun 23/11/2020 - 12:04

Permalien
I've never flied by a plane but I really want to try to be in the air.

Soumis par Laila Amine le mer 18/11/2020 - 08:59

Permalien
thanks for this lesson i have been in an airport before and its so good to know different vocabulary

Soumis par Ayuloraine sit… le mar 17/11/2020 - 03:59

Permalien
i live in Cambodia but my country is Indonesia, so i always travelled by air from Indonesia to Cambodia, sometimes i go travelled to Kuala Lumpur and to other city in my country, it took 2 or 3 hours.

Soumis par Cecilio Franzoni le sam 14/11/2020 - 17:57

Permalien
Few years ago, I was living in Brazil, the flight is about nine hours. I had been in different airports, in USA, Mexico, Panama and Ireland too.

Soumis par Oti le sam 07/11/2020 - 07:47

Permalien
Normally I travel every year by plane. I travel from Italy to Australia, so I have been in many airports like Dubai, Doha, Kuala Lumpur, Melbourne and Sydney.

Soumis par VR Unnikrishnan le ven 06/11/2020 - 13:23

Permalien
I always love to travel particularly by aeroplane, and my nature of work inevitably requires frequent travel on three country's because I am heading the Sales and Marketing activities in three countries which are UAE, Oman and Qatar. My most favourite airport is Dubai Airport, especially the Marhaba lounge is so nice. I probably prefer to travel at night; I love travelling.

Soumis par Fsh le mar 27/10/2020 - 12:51

Permalien
Yes,I have. I have travelled three times between Lebanon and The UAE and the journey takes about three and a half hours.

Soumis par carrascodark le lun 26/10/2020 - 18:55

Permalien
I travelled by plane many times, I'm sure I can count with my hands. Normally, I travelled to Mallorca because I have family in there. I remember travelling aproximately in 2018 and 2017, maybe 2010. I feel comfortable and secure travel by plane and also I can contemplated the views in the plane with the Mediterranean Sea!
Profile picture for user Keyla

Soumis par Keyla le jeu 22/10/2020 - 23:34

Permalien
Travel by air scares me a lot!!! I prefer taking a train or a bus. It is comfi, save and cheap also.

Soumis par Nguyen Van Anh… le jeu 15/10/2020 - 15:32

Permalien
I have 3 flights on two years recently. Fisrt, it is flight to Dalat, Vietnam. the second an the third flight to Thailand. These are wonderful experiences. Respect.

Soumis par ReaRey le mar 13/10/2020 - 17:52

Permalien
I traveled by air 8 times. The longest flight was to Sweden. I was traveling 3 hours.

Soumis par habibao.medo le sam 10/10/2020 - 11:39

yes , i have travelled by air several time , the longest flight was 2 hours
Profile picture for user AnastasiyaRadi

Soumis par AnastasiyaRadi le jeu 08/10/2020 - 15:06

Permalien
I have never travelled by plane. I don't know how I would get over it. I think that I can handle it

Soumis par Dana Levi le mer 07/10/2020 - 10:45

Permalien
Yes, Ilike to travell. My longest flight was to chine with connection in Frankfurt. Doot to door it taked more than 24 hours.

Soumis par flavie.A le lun 28/09/2020 - 00:46

Permalien
Of course yes , I've traveled by air and my longest flight was the journey from my country to France . It takes seven hours for the trip. When ever I have to go pay a visit to my family, it's a great matter of concern and very stressful.
Profile picture for user cassiamattos2013

Soumis par cassiamattos2013 le mar 22/09/2020 - 18:19

Permalien
I love to travel by air. My longest flight was when I was in London with take off in Sao Paulo and first land in Madri and second land in London. We travel for 12 hours, inside the plane.

Soumis par khadijam le lun 21/09/2020 - 01:36

Permalien
yeah, many times. The longest one was to Malysia and it was a very tiring journey