Do these exercises to learn words related to cars.

Are you ready to take your vocabulary to the next level?

Soumis par Beker le mar 15/02/2022 - 12:18

Permalien

Although I have never driven before, I am planning to attend driving school. That is for several reasons. Car, is a way of locomotion. So it will help me reducing my time to go and back from workplace and reduce my expenses. Additionally, driving my own car empower my security. Furthermore, I get fun, joy and happiness while driving.

Profile picture for user Rafaela1

Soumis par Rafaela1 le jeu 22/04/2021 - 13:59

Permalien
Maybe I won't be able to enjoy driving when electric cars are common.... ;|

Soumis par ANOUAR le jeu 22/04/2021 - 12:19

Permalien
Although I have a drive license, I don't realy know how to drive a car and I really want to know soon

Soumis par Abrarhussain le mar 06/04/2021 - 08:44

Permalien
Yes I know how to drive. I like it very much to drive on the motor way . I disk like too many cameras on the motor way.

Soumis par cittàutopica le jeu 01/04/2021 - 16:42

Permalien
I like driving with my car, especially when I go on holiday, because I feel free and I can organise my trip as I want, but I think it's better using the public transportation or walking when we have to move inside the cities.

Soumis par moniMee le sam 16/01/2021 - 03:54

Permalien
No,I really don't know how to drive. But I'm planning to learn and get my driving license. In my opinion, everyone should learn how to drive. It's essential in daily lives.

Soumis par Suraj paliwal le jeu 03/12/2020 - 09:20

Permalien
This time I am studying in university and live in hostel.So I don't know how to drive. My father always said you should learn driving. In this time I only think about carreer.
Profile picture for user Rafaela1

Soumis par Rafaela1 le mar 01/12/2020 - 13:26

Permalien
Cars are changing to be eco-friendly... Good or bad...??

Soumis par BlaiChan le mar 01/12/2020 - 04:26

Permalien
No, I don't know how to drive. I often think about getting driving license. But nothing still happens in reality. I hope I can get it one day.

Soumis par Ayuloraine sit… le jeu 19/11/2020 - 02:29

Permalien
unfortunately, i don't have a car and i can't driving, so i don't know yet the feel when some people driving a car. But i think that's look's cool. And i hope one day i can do that.

Soumis par tenedos le mar 29/09/2020 - 21:18

Permalien
I know how to drive, I've driving for 3 years. I like driving on the highways with music, especially at nights. I don't like driving in a crowded city like İstanbul because it is really tiresome due to the stop-and-goes.

Soumis par Pola le sam 12/09/2020 - 16:45

Permalien
Unfortunately, I don't know the driving car, but only the driving motorbike and bike , although I am 29 years old but I strive to learn a driving car.

Soumis par Asni le ven 04/09/2020 - 23:24

Permalien
Although I don't have my own car, I know how to drive. I got my driving licence many years ago. To be honest, I don't enjoy driving much especially when there is too much traffic, that usually happens at rush hours. Another thing I hate about driving is when I have to park downtown on weekdays because most of the time there are very few places and it takes ages to find one.

Soumis par John A. le lun 24/08/2020 - 10:21

Permalien
I like driving to travel from town to town or in countryside but in big town, like Paris for example it's quite difficult, we always have to be careful and pay attention to everyone sharing the road like motorbikes, bicycles, scooters and pedestrians...not a lot follow the traffic rules.
Profile picture for user Rafaela1

Soumis par Rafaela1 le jeu 06/08/2020 - 14:54

Permalien
I like driving because it gives me time to look into the far distance and distraction. ;)

Soumis par Ramazan Altınışık le jeu 06/08/2020 - 10:41

Permalien
Yes I know how to drive and I drove so many times before. I have never been accident before but the country where I live most drivers don't follow the traffic rules. I think it is most important to take seatbelt while driving.
Profile picture for user OlaIELTS

Soumis par OlaIELTS le mer 27/05/2020 - 17:08

Permalien
Yes. I know. What I like about driving is that its helps in exercising ones brain leading to physical and logical development.

Soumis par thuy02102000 le dim 24/05/2020 - 09:30

Permalien
I just know how to drive motorbike and bicycle. I think it is really difficult to drive a car. In my country where has a lots vehicles and transports, drivers of taxies and cars find some difficulties to move in. Some is so polite and always obeys the rules, others is rude and impolite. As for me, driving skills are so so important in daily life every person. When attending to drive, I just hope everyone always obeys the rules in transportation to protect your safety and for community

Soumis par Rita Karki le jeu 09/04/2020 - 12:34

Permalien
Driving is very essential in our life. We gain lots of opportunities to learn from own mistakes and others. At the same time It teach us how to be patient while facing difficulties. you can see individual differences . some are very polite and follows driving rules, in other hand some are not following rules. It is all about common sense, if you have a good sense of humour you will be a good driver, We can avoid accidents. in order to gain confidence we need to drive regularly. Do not afraid to drive, it is an essential life skill.

Soumis par Mamta Gusain le mar 31/03/2020 - 14:16

Permalien
I do not know driving completely. But i like safe driving. as it is necessary in day to day life. Driving helps in making us dependent. if you know driving, you can go anywhere . it saves our time and we can help our family member and others also. the disadvantage of the driving is we can see more vehicle on roads. which causes environmental issue, noise pollution and heavy traffic on roads.

Soumis par piyush_bpin le dim 22/03/2020 - 15:25

Permalien
Driving is a must have skill to survive in Western countries. I am driving car since 2009 and I have mix kind of experience. I must say it is life saver especially during bad weather such as in winter or scorching summer. However, one should also consider its drawback such as high maintenance, high cost petrol ( we say "gas" in USA and Canada), and of course not eco-friendly. The most irritating situation is when I have flat tyre in the middle of storm or heady snow flow. Besides all these, I still love driving car. To admin, Please make some comments. what is right spelling of wheel: tyre or tier ? Thanks

Hello piyush_bpin,

In the UK we write tyre, while in the US the standard spelling is tire.

Tier is not correct.

Hello again piyush_bpin

Both British and American English (as well as other varieties) are accepted on the IELTS exam, though as much as you can, you should be consistent about using one variety.

All the best

Soumis par wcyam10 le mar 25/02/2020 - 07:36

Permalien
I have got my driving license since 20 years ago. Hence, I am a skilled driver. I like to drive when the weather is good and cooling. I had a bad experience of driving during a summer in Australia when temperature hit 40 degree celsius. The condition on the road was very dry and hot making it very dangerous for the driver.

Soumis par Jeneia le mar 18/02/2020 - 14:02

Permalien
I've just got my driving license for cars a week ago (I've already been having one for motorbikes for around 5 years) and it's a really amazing, but at the same time, sometimes really frightening experience to drive so far. Sometimes I feel like I'm not really prepared for unexpected situations yet, but in normal traffic conditions, I think it goes quite well. I'm a woman and I really enjoy being able to drive a car. In this fast-paced modern world, I think it's a really huge advantage, and it gives lots of freedom knowing that I can drive anywhere, anytime and that I don't need to depend on other people if I need to do a big shopping and so on... :) Although I still need to practice a lot as a beginner car driver, I'm sure that being able to drive is a wonderful thing, which gives us much more freedom and flixibility as we don't need to depend on public transport schedules and change buses several times to get from one point to another. We can save lots of time as we don't need to stand in the bus stop waiting for the bus to come, thus we can fill our days with more useful activities.

Soumis par Shiiya le lun 10/02/2020 - 12:07

Permalien
The world has been changed and the way we move have been changed too , the new generation does not interresting in learning how to drive a car , they don´t need anymore , they call for Uber now , it is more practical , easy and cheaper than own a car, and in the future they will share a AI car´s without a driver . It´s very different from formerly where the dream of every lad were to own a car

Soumis par Nguyet Nguyen le dim 09/02/2020 - 14:13

Permalien
I don't like very much driving but it is necessary to be independant in moden life.

Soumis par Ammaraf le mar 04/02/2020 - 07:31

Permalien
Hello Actually driving is very amazing experience, every one should to learn how to drive car, go fast across the street seeing trees mountains seaside and people. When you want to arrive to your an appointment at time you have to drive car to reach to your place as soon as possible.

Soumis par Afghan Elyas le sam 18/01/2020 - 12:11

Permalien
It is good for us that we should know how we can call them in English
Profile picture for user Stanley Alvarez

Soumis par Stanley Alvarez le ven 13/09/2019 - 15:37

Permalien
No, I do not know to drive but I want to learn because I think it is very useful for a better life, especially when you live in a big city like capitals.

Soumis par Bahy le ven 13/09/2019 - 14:20

Permalien
Hey, How can I look for a speaker for practice English?

Hello Bahy

I'm afraid that will be difficult to do here on LearnEnglish, as our House Rules don't allow you to share personal information. I would recommend you check out Facebook page, where they sometimes post ideas on how to find other people to practise speaking with.

All the best

I believe there is no such thing caller "speaker". You find a topic and stand in front of a mirror and start speaking to yourself. or you find a topic and record your conversation in your phone as you speak. Later on, listen to your own recording and try to improve it. For quarries, write a post and admin will help you out at his convenience.
Profile picture for user mtalebi

Soumis par mtalebi le jeu 05/09/2019 - 07:33

Permalien
Yes. I drive for about 14 years. Whether it's good or bad it's hard to live without a car. I like driving because I can go anywhere independently. It's very crushing nerves in rush hour and at the time of the accident.

Soumis par chris-kutte le sam 13/07/2019 - 03:01

Permalien
I have a driving license since the year 2009 so I know very well how to drive. Usually I like driving my car but sometimes I don't like it, for instance if it is rush hour in the city centre or a rainy day.

Soumis par Katrusja le dim 23/06/2019 - 16:55

Permalien
I don't khow how to drive, but i hope I'll have a driver's license someday))

Soumis par Usta le ven 31/05/2019 - 10:42

Permalien
We have a signal then we turned by the var on the road

Soumis par natalybogat le ven 19/04/2019 - 15:32

Permalien
The activities are nice. For me is not difficult to pay someone a compliment. I like to accept compliments. In the video the dialogue is too fast for my understanding. But in the text this dialogue was clear.

Soumis par débutante le mar 09/04/2019 - 13:13

Permalien
Driving feels me free because I manage my self the steering wheel. However, I don't like to drive at night even if headlights help me to see better.
Profile picture for user MAO

Soumis par MAO le mar 02/04/2019 - 15:11

Permalien
Yes, I got my driving license after one-monthly training and passing the regulatory examination and practical test. Compared with riding motorcycles, driving cars is much safer 'cause people are coated by the metal structure of cars rather than exposing themselves to outside. Moreover, it is convenient and comfortable that we don't need to worry about however hot, cold, rainy, and windy the weather is. However, it is a technical skill to drive cars. You have to pay much attention to the situations surrounding you. Even a little distraction may cause a unrecoverable accident. If you drive a car to a downtown or city, which is crowded, it must be a nightmare to look for a parking space. Thus, what i like or dislike about driving cars depends on what situation i face.
Profile picture for user Yellowmex

Soumis par Yellowmex le lun 04/03/2019 - 13:59

Permalien
Hi, im looking a speaker for practice and learn english, please if you are a native english speaker please writte me. ------------ or if you want practice with me send me a message ---------------- whats!

Hello Yellowmex

It's great that you want to practise your English, but I'm afraid our House Rules do not allow you to share personal information such as your email address or phone number. For ideas on how to get the most out of our site, please see our Frequently asked questions page or visit us on Facebook.

All the best

Profile picture for user Lianna

Soumis par Lianna le mer 27/02/2019 - 19:10

Permalien
I have driving licence and have 5 years experience,to tell the truthe i like driving, especially long distance.I think it is dangerous for long distance, you can sleep , i always listen radio, or music.I dont like when they want to turn on right or left and do not turn on turn signal. In summer i buy meat , tomato, pepper , and eggplant, put it in the boot and go forest to make a barbecue. Before winter i should change car`s wheel, to be safe.

Soumis par ordazcs le mar 26/02/2019 - 23:49

Permalien
i hate driver at rush hour, but i enjoy drive in hightway when i and my familiy go to Acapulco

Soumis par Hich5100 le jeu 07/02/2019 - 12:30

Permalien
Hi, I know how to drive any kind of car and i m familiar with automatic and manual gear and also I have good knowledge regarding the car parts and the differents accessory. What i don t like is to getting stuck in the traffic.

Soumis par shamsukprm le lun 28/01/2019 - 11:52

Permalien
hi i have company provided car, It is I am using for company related works, So I have an idea about almost car parts and accessories. That is I achieved above mentioned exercise task.