Jonathan: Yes, I love watching the World Cup, especially watching national teams that I've never seen play before for the first time. I love that. I've loved the World Cup since I was little. Yep, for sure.
Jo: I'm not a huge football fan. I don't usually watch the Premier League or the Champions League, anything like that. But when it comes to the World Cup, I do usually follow it. I like watching the different teams and the different supporters from all around the world.
Jo: I must say that I don't usually watch a lot of the World Cup. Not really into football. Occasionally I'd watch a final, if it was a country that I was interested in or … no, I'm not really a big football fan. Sorry.
Kirk: I'm not a huge football fan, really, but I do like watching matches and I tend to watch many of the matches from the quarter-finals on. My national team doesn't usually make it that far, so I usually end up supporting the underdogs.
Jo: Yes, I always watch the World Cup. I don't always follow regional teams, but I love the fact that everybody is watching, it's an international thing and you can, you can comment on what's happening with basically anybody that you meet.
Jonathan: Yes, I am watching the Women's World Cup. I'm really enjoying it. I'm trying to watch as many matches as I can, although the time zones make it a bit difficult but, yeah, I'm really enjoying it.
Jo: Unfortunately, I'm going to be on holiday when the Women's World Cup starts this year so I think I'll miss most of the group stage, but I should definitely be able to watch at least the semi-finals and the final.
Kirk: I do think I'll be watching a number of the games, especially from the round of 16 or the quarter-finals onwards. I'll probably be rooting for the underdogs.
Jo: So I am definitely watching the Women's World Cup this month, yes. I think it's really exciting that women's football has finally got the recognition it deserves, and the players are getting the support and recognition they deserve. After the Euros last year, there is a lot of excitement about the England women's team. I think the World Cup this year will be extremely competitive, so really good to watch, and I'm going to be cheering on England. The women's team are actually quite a lot better than the men's team. We might even win, so go Lionesses!
Do you usually watch the World Cup? Are you watching the Women's World Cup this month? In this video, the LearnEnglish team tell us their answers.
Here are some of the things they said.
- I like watching (the different teams from all around the world).
- I've loved the World Cup since I was little.
- I usually follow (the World Cup).
- I tend to watch (matches from the quarter-finals on).
- I think I'll be watching a number of the games.
- I'm going to be cheering on (England).
- I'm not a huge football fan.
- I'm not really into football.
- I must say that I don't usually watch a lot of the World Cup.
- Unfortunately, I'm going to be on holiday so I think I'll miss most of the group stage.
Now it's your turn
- Do you usually watch the World Cup?
- Are you watching the Women's World Cup this month?
If you want to practise speaking, you can record your response using SpeakPipe voice recorder and post a link to the recording in your comment.
* Recordings are kept on SpeakPipe's server for three months. Please don't include any music in your recording.