Do the preparation task first. Then read the text and do the exercises.
Many studies about language learning ask the question: What makes a good language learner? There are some things that good language learners do and some things they don't do. Here are some of the most useful suggestions from studies.
- Don't be afraid of making mistakes. People often get things wrong. Good language learners notice their mistakes and learn from them.
- Do group activities. People use language to communicate with other people. A good language learner always looks for opportunities to talk with other students.
- Make notes during every class. Notes help you to remember new language. Look at your notes when you do your homework.
- Use a dictionary. Good language learners often use dictionaries to check the meaning of words they don't know. They also make their own vocabulary lists.
- Think in the language you're learning outside the classroom. When you're shopping or walking down the street, remember useful words and phrases. Sometimes, when you're at home, say new words to practise your pronunciation.
- Do extra practice. Test and improve your language, reading and listening skills with self-study material. You can find a lot of this online.
- Imagine yourself speaking in the language. Many good language learners can see and hear themselves speaking in the language. This helps their motivation.
- Enjoy the process. Good language learners have fun with the language. Watch a TV series or film, listen to songs, play video games or read a book. It's never too late to become a good language learner.
Do you need to improve your English reading skills?
Join thousands of learners from around the world who are improving their English reading skills with our online courses.
I'm afraid I'm not familiar with that site. As with any such site, I'd encourage you to investigate it carefully before subscribing.
What I can recommend is TakeIELTS, where you can find all kinds of information as well as some free practice materials.
All the best
The LearnEnglish Team