Online course introductions
Do the preparation task first. Then read the text and tips and do the exercises.
10 Sep, 00:04 – Israa Al Ahmadi
Hi everyone! I'm from Qatar. Nice to meet you. It's my first time studying online. I hope to learn a lot from the course and from all of you!
9 Sep, 15:04 – Jonathan Davies
Welcome everyone. I'm Canadian but living in Scotland. The last time I studied anything was forty years ago … I'm a bit nervous! Good luck, everyone!
9 Sep, 11:21 – Le Thi Ha
Hello. I'm so happy to be doing this course. I've finished two other online courses this year so I'm looking forward to my third. I'm from Vietnam by the way. Looking forward to meeting you all!
9 Sep, 10:43 – Carlos Garcia Gonzales
Hi! Looks like I'm the first one here so … hi to everyone who joins the course and nice to meet you! Good luck with the course and see you in the next lesson!
1. Keep your introduction short and clear.
2. Say hello and give a little bit of information about yourself. Don’t say anything too private or personal.
3. You can say what you hope to get or learn.
4. Wish people good luck.
5. You don’t have to write full sentences.
6. You might use more exclamation marks (!) than in formal writing because it looks friendly.