Do the preparation task first. Then read the text and tips and do the exercises.
I just wanted to write and say thank you for everything.
You and your family were amazing hosts. I had a great time at your house. Thank you for making me feel at home. I'm sure my English improved a lot because of all your help too! Also, thank you for all the wonderful cooking you did. Now I can tell everyone English food is not as bad as they say .
If you ever come to Sri Lanka, I hope you will stay with me and I can show you my city too.
- Start with Hi if it is an informal email to someone you know.
- The email can have three main paragraphs:
- the reason for writing (= to say thank you)
- the main point (= more details or examples)
- a wish or offer for the future.
- Use emojis (e.g. ) or emoticons (e.g. :) ) to show you're joking.
- You can say See you soon / See you next year if you hope to meet again.
- Use a closing phrase like Keep in touch, Write soon, Speak soon or Take care.