Do the preparation task first. Then read the text and tips and do the exercises.
From: Laura Mazzanti
To: David Kelly, HR Manager
Subject: Application for sales manager position
Dear Mr Kelly,
I am writing in response to the job advertisement on the ABC Jobs website for the position of sales manager.
I have five years of experience in sales. For the last three years, I have worked as a team leader, managing a team of 20 sales assistants in a large store. I have experience in hiring, training and managing staff. I have good communication skills and I can speak Italian, Spanish and English.
I have attached my CV with more information about my background and qualifications.
I look forward to hearing from you soon.
- Be specific in the subject line and say what job you are applying for.
- Start your email with Dear Mr/Mrs/Ms + person's surname.
- Say where you saw the advertisement.
- Say which job you're applying for. You can use the sentence I'm writing in response to the job advertisement for the position of … .
- Write a short paragraph to say why you're suitable for the job. Mention your education, qualifications, work experience or skills.
- Attach a CV (also known as a résumé in the USA) with more information about your qualifications and background.
- End by saying I look forward to hearing from you soon or I hope to hear from you soon.
- Sign off with Best regards or Best wishes.
Do you need to improve your English writing skills?
Join thousands of learners from around the world who are improving their English writing skills with our live online classes and personal tutoring courses.
The kind of information that we should include in a résumé:
- Personal information (Name, date of birthday, email, address, phone number...etc)
- Education career
- Work experiences
In my opinion, would include in CV or resume , picture person ( uniform), also information personal, Education , skills and qualification.
I would include personal information, for example, name, age, phone. Of course, there will be my soft and hard skills, work experience. And a bit of smile.
I usually include information like: my last experience in other works, my principal skills and why I want the job.
I would write down personal information such as name, address, Educational attainment, relevant skills for the job and work experience.
I have to write my education, skills and knowledge, relevant work experience. The next thing I would like to include my ielts marks, it is the best thing to get a desired job for me in abroad.
I prefer to include my IELTS test score, work experience, and skills in my curriculum vitae. A cv is the best way to show your qualification for the job that's why when you apply for a job you have to attach your cv.
I would like to include my skills, my experience and attached my CV and my portfolio for presenting my work.
The information about working experience, related skills to the job, and educational background should include in the resume.
I would like to include my talents and skills and also my work experience, I don't think puting my photo in the CV is a bad idea !