Do the preparation task first. Then read the text and tips and do the exercises.
From: Laura Mazzanti
To: David Kelly, HR Manager
Subject: Application for sales manager position
Dear Mr Kelly,
I am writing in response to the job advertisement on the ABC Jobs website for the position of sales manager.
I have five years of experience in sales. For the last three years, I have worked as a team leader, managing a team of 20 sales assistants in a large store. I have experience in hiring, training and managing staff. I have good communication skills and I can speak Italian, Spanish and English.
I have attached my CV with more information about my background and qualifications.
I look forward to hearing from you soon.
- Be specific in the subject line and say what job you are applying for.
- Start your email with Dear Mr/Mrs/Ms + person's surname.
- Say where you saw the advertisement.
- Say which job you're applying for. You can use the sentence I'm writing in response to the job advertisement for the position of … .
- Write a short paragraph to say why you're suitable for the job. Mention your education, qualifications, work experience or skills.
- Attach a CV (also known as a résumé in the USA) with more information about your qualifications and background.
- End by saying I look forward to hearing from you soon or I hope to hear from you soon.
- Sign off with Best regards or Best wishes.
Do you need to improve your English writing skills?
Join thousands of learners from around the world who are improving their English writing skills with our live online classes and personal tutoring courses.
Hello Yusei Takechi
You can find an example of a CV on this Writing page on our site. I'm sure you can also find lots of examples on the internet by doing a search for 'example CV' if you want to see some more.
All the best
The LearnEnglish Team