Do the preparation task first. Then read the text and tips and do the exercises.
Hey, I don't think I can make it tomorrow. I'm feeling really ill
Oh no, poor you!
Have you been to the doctor?
No, I think it's just a cold
Well, get well soon
Shout if you need anything!
Thx, I will
Feeling any better?
A bit thanks but staying in bed today I think!
I can pop round on my way home if you need anything?
Actually, if you don't mind, pls can you get me some green tea?
See you about 6 then
Thx so much!!
Get plenty of rest! Hope you feel better soon!
- You don't have to write complete sentences in text messages.
- You can use short forms, e.g. thx (thanks) and pls (please).
- To cancel a plan, say I don't think I can make it. Add the date (e.g. I don't think I can make it tomorrow) and/or to + the activity (e.g. I don't think I can make it to the party tomorrow).
- To show sympathy, say Poor you and Hope you feel better soon.
- Exclamation marks (!) sound positive and they are used a lot in text messages. Two exclamation marks (!!) shows you really, really mean it!