Messaging to make plans
Do the preparation task first. Then read the text and tips and do the exercises.
Hey, are you free on Saturday? Do you want to do something?
I'm busy on Saturday, but how about Sunday?
Sure! Sunday works for me
What are you thinking?
How about a drive out to the beach? I've got the car this weekend because Mike is away.
Sounds good! What time?
I can pick you up from your place about 9 if you like
I'm going to the gym first thing in the morning
Shall we meet a bit later, say 10?
Perfect! Do you fancy a picnic? I can go shopping while you're at the gym
Great! Even better! See you tomorrow!
- Use these phrases to make suggestions.
- How about + noun/gerund …?
- Do you fancy + noun/gerund …?
- Shall we + infinitive without to …?
- Do you want + infinitive …?
- If you say no to something, make another suggestion instead.
- You don't need to put full stops (.) at the end of every sentence.