You are here
An email to congratulate a colleague
Learn how to write an email to congratulate a colleague.
Do the preparation task first. Then read the text and tips and do the exercises.
- Write a clear subject line.
- It's OK to start with Hi for an informal or friendly email.
- Start with your reason for writing:
I'm just writing to say …
- Give specific feedback about things that went well:
The content was relevant and interesting …
It was easy to follow …
… you thought about the questions people would have.
- Say what effect their work has had:
I think they were impressed!
I'm sure everyone feels happier about the new system now.
- You can finish with See you later or Speak soon.