Do the preparation task first. Then read the text and tips and do the exercises.
- If you don't know the person's name when writing a formal email, you can start it Dear Sir/Madam.
- Your email should have three short main paragraphs:
- What you are interested in
- Why you're interested
- Any questions you have.
- I look forward to hearing from you is a good way to close an email if you want a reply.
- Regards is a semi-formal, respectful way to end an email. It is common in professional emails too.