A noticeboard message

Learn how to write a noticeboard message.

Reading text

Looking for a housemate

Single ensuite room available in our lovely three-bedroom house in Didsbury. Five-minute walk from city centre. Move in from 1 June. Shared kitchen and living room with two female housemates, no parking, £600 a month excluding bills. No pets. Contact 07890 123456 for viewing.

Tips

1. Write the main title or idea bigger to catch people's attention.

2. Keep the message short, with only the most important information.

3. Don't put your address on it!

Do you need to improve your English writing skills?
Join thousands of learners from around the world who are improving their English writing skills with our live online classes and personal tutoring courses.

A1 English level (elementary)

ahmad enabosey 提交于 周六, 14/09/2019 - 13:15

永久连接
i prefer to live with mate in room , i'm social person so i need someone stay with to have fun , i don't like pet animal .

Mahfuzur Rahman 提交于 周三, 11/09/2019 - 06:35

永久连接
I prefer to share a house with some friendly guys. Where we can make our living in a fun way. In a shared house, Everyone learns how to consider or sacrifice with others, friends can do something when someone is sick or has some difficulties, you can learn how to take challenge and enjoy with different culture and behavior.
Yes, if we shared the kitchen and living room with others, we must consider the housemate's feelings, maybe they come from a different country, have different cultures, life experiences, and living behaviors.
Profile picture for user ValeriaGutierrez

ValeriaGutierrez 提交于 周二, 10/09/2019 - 17:53

永久连接
I think that sharing a house is cheaper and also allows you to talk with other people, maybe people from other countries. But if it's about settle down somewhere, the definitely answer is to have a place where to live alone and be more comfortable.

Heymar 提交于 周一, 02/09/2019 - 03:48

永久连接
I prefer to live alone in my room because i feel more freedom and comfortable

aliyazdan 提交于 周日, 01/09/2019 - 10:53

永久连接
When there are several separate room at home for each person, I prefer share flat instead of alone live. Personal room is neccessry for study and rest . Some advantage of Share flat are decrease cost of rent, bills,..etc. also you can talk toghrther in free time.

Ola Jamal 提交于 周四, 22/08/2019 - 19:29

永久连接
Hello, Five-minute walk from city center. Ten minutes by bus from the university. Why did they add "s" for "minute" in the second sentence and did not add it in the first one?

Hello Ola Jamal,

We do not use a hypen when we have a number followed by a noun:

The meeting took five minutes.

The journey lasts two hours.

He is two metres tall.

However, when we put a number and a noun together and use them as a compound adjective before a noun then we use a hyphen and do not make the noun plural:

It was a five-minute meeting.

It is a two-hour journey.

He's a two-metre tall man.

Francis Feng 提交于 周三, 25/09/2019 - 08:11

Ola Jamal 回复

永久连接
In the phrase "five-minute walk", "five-minute" is considered as a combination adjective word, generally, use the singular form. but "ten minutes" are comprised the numerals and measure words, so it's adopted the plural form.
Profile picture for user funnylearn

funnylearn 提交于 周三, 14/08/2019 - 09:18

永久连接
I prefer to live alone. I can do anything I want, I have some secrets of life. And sometime you do the crazy thing it's not influence to anyone ^^

Huyen 提交于 周二, 13/08/2019 - 16:17

永久连接
I prefer living alone to share a house. Living alone makes me independent and comfortable. Do not share with other people. Do anything you like, enjoy anything you have is the best.

Toanrt 提交于 周二, 06/08/2019 - 15:29

永久连接
living alone totally cause I don't like small talks between people and need almost all of the time being alone for works and having fun ^^

shalliirda 提交于 周一, 05/08/2019 - 15:29

永久连接
i prefer live alone because sometimes i like the quiet atmosphere. and also i can do whatever i want without being distrubing by others. but if my friends want to stay a few night, I will gladly allow it!

Muhammad Faroo… 提交于 周日, 04/08/2019 - 08:32

永久连接
I prefer to live alone, if I will afford, other wise I want to share my room.

Santika 提交于 周四, 01/08/2019 - 10:00

永久连接
If I were single, I prefer live alone in one house. But if I can not afford a small flat or house with one bedroom, I prefer to rent a room in a house with females that also singles with shared kitchen and living room. But if I have to, it's OK also to share bathroom too. The fourth choice is to rent an ensuite room in a house with male and female with shared kitchen and living room. I ever rent a room with male and female with shared living room and bathroom. No kitchen available. The house located in calm and save neighborhood where mostly stable family live there, children going to school, father going for work and mother take care their house. My male and female room mates are going to school and day-working worker. The host live in the same house at different area. They are old couple.

Dimpy 提交于 周四, 25/07/2019 - 10:10

永久连接
Although I prefer to live alone but if I have to share a three-bedroom house with two female housemates then I will gladly do it.

cittàutopica 提交于 周二, 23/07/2019 - 20:10

永久连接
Do you prefer to share a house or live alone? I experienced living together with two colleagues and it went easily.

ali328 提交于 周二, 23/07/2019 - 06:33

永久连接
I don't like to share a house. I really like to live alone. I like to spend time with my friends, but I like to live alone.

Matthew S 提交于 周六, 20/07/2019 - 21:36

永久连接
I prefer to share my house mostly because I don't like being alone, since I like having someone to talk to.

Lameed Mohamed 提交于 周六, 20/07/2019 - 15:25

永久连接
I think living alone is a little bit hard and scary .. U can't handle with everythings and of course presence of a housemate is helpful and funny ..

ayusisi 提交于 周五, 19/07/2019 - 12:45

永久连接
I prefer to live alone in an ensuite room instead of share with other people. But I want there is someone else around me in another room. I can do anything that I like without disturbing and annoying other people. I can sing loudly because I really like singing.

Aminaliban 提交于 周四, 18/07/2019 - 11:48

永久连接
I prefer to live alone. Because when I sleeping or praying I like my around to be silent or even if I whant to talk to my friends over the phone.

Julia Rahma 提交于 周四, 18/07/2019 - 03:51

永久连接
I prefer living alone so i can do many things without disturbing anyone and also have a privacy if i living alone, but now i can't living alone cause i still underage

musab 提交于 周三, 17/07/2019 - 10:56

永久连接
i prefer to live alone unfortunately i dont have enough money for that so i have to find a housemate for living

Tử Dương 提交于 周三, 17/07/2019 - 08:30

永久连接
I prefer to share my house with a pretty girl!

Rishi_9335 提交于 周二, 16/07/2019 - 08:15

I prefer to live alone.

chris-kutte 提交于 周四, 04/07/2019 - 08:54

永久连接
If I could have a single ensuite room I would share a house with other nice guys. Otherwise I'd like to live rather alone in a small flat near the city centre.
Profile picture for user shahramuteng

shahramuteng 提交于 周三, 03/07/2019 - 22:06

永久连接
If I have to live without my parent, prefer to live alone. but I like get-together friends or family. and if I have to get a shared house I prefer to have a personal ensuite single room and shared a kitchen and living room.

popo1011 提交于 周一, 01/07/2019 - 07:03

永久连接
I prefer to be along because when I study or do my work, my around should be silent. and i have mindfulness.whatever i like to talk someones in my leisure and share our experiences .
Profile picture for user iEdd

iEdd 提交于 周四, 27/06/2019 - 03:43

永久连接
I prefer living alone in a house. I repect others and I'm too patient. But I enjoy solitude and doing stuff like listeninng music with high volume, that are better without any obviously.

Raman_G 提交于 周三, 26/06/2019 - 02:25

永久连接
I Prefer to share with friends, it’s good to help each other, and support each other. Depending upon our circumstances we can choose to stay alone or share a house. if you can afford rent, and you need more privacy better to stay alone, so when you study no one can interrupt. They both have their advantages or disadvantages, all those we need to consider according to our circumstances. Personally, I prefer to share with a house
At the moment, I prefer stay alone.

Rodomi 提交于 周五, 21/06/2019 - 16:29

永久连接
Both to live alone and to share a house are lovely all depends just on a moment you are living your priorities and temperament. I never lived alone.  When I was young, I shared houses with my friends because I needed to study and save money. Nowadays, I live with my two daughters, and this experience is incredible.

farazhussain 提交于 周二, 11/06/2019 - 14:39

永久连接
Considering the tenants have good manners and a friendly nature, its better to have someone with whom you can talk with. And I have my own room though where I can spend my personal time with privacy.

Aicha1 提交于 周日, 09/06/2019 - 16:57

永久连接
For me I prefer living alone than sharing a house,because I sleep when I want olso studying ,so I avoid to be with a roommate.

abdalhameed 提交于 周五, 07/06/2019 - 18:31

永久连接
Hello i am new in this site. thanks for this helpful and amazing site. i prefer to be alone in my sleeping and studying room,no problem to share another parts with known tidy person.

shamsukprm 提交于 周五, 07/06/2019 - 07:20

永久连接
An ensuite shared bed room available in a four bed room Villa. There is shared living room with kitchen. Rent Rs. 5000 a month excluding bills. Parking available, No Hypermarket or malls Near the villa. A grocery store and restaurant available.
I love sharing with housemate or roommate. Its really fun and exciting may be i am outgoing and making new friends. You can have great things from different people in the world. Should try some.

BING70 提交于 周四, 06/06/2019 - 13:49

永久连接
When I study or do my homework I'd like to be on by own and it's better to have no noise around. When I have problem I need someone to discuss with, or when I feel happy, sad, frustrated, excited and so forth I'd like to share them with someone. So I prefer to share a flat or house but have my own private area to study. I wish to share with someone tidy, self-regulation and friendly.

Aye Thet Phyu 提交于 周一, 03/06/2019 - 10:27

永久连接
Hello, i will always thanks to all of your team for getting to improve my English because i couldn't learn the English skills as i hadn't enough time last time. However, i can learn as try as i can because of yours without took the English course. Thank you so much again. ATP.

moaaxali 提交于 周二, 28/05/2019 - 03:05

永久连接
I prefer living alone, this way you keep everything according to you, but if you have friends or people whom you already know well, then it is better to share a house.

Setareh 提交于 周一, 20/05/2019 - 03:47

永久连接
I prefer to share a house with my family, but I need to an ensuite room in a the house.

Ahmadbassam 提交于 周五, 17/05/2019 - 15:57

永久连接
Do you prefer to share a house or live alone? really, i prefer live alone ,or share a house with one housemate but i live in single room and he lives in a single room . with shared kitchen .

Wahiba 提交于 周二, 14/05/2019 - 09:16

永久连接
I prefer to live alone, I need to be in the quiet and tidy house. I don’t appreciate that things change a round me. But it’s wonderful to receive friends and famil.

Liv hoang 提交于 周五, 10/05/2019 - 05:51

永久连接
I prefer to share a house with other than live alone. But if our housemate is not satisfied with us, everything can become terrible! :)

lengoclam 提交于 周三, 08/05/2019 - 13:41

永久连接
I prefer to live alone because I am comfortable to do anything I want to do.

saydin 提交于 周六, 04/05/2019 - 07:41

永久连接
I prefer to not share a house because I think not safe.