Around town

What's the difference between a 'crossing' and a 'crossroads'? Do these exercises to help learn words for the things around your town and find out!

Are you ready to take your vocabulary to the next level?

Ammaraf 提交于 周二, 28/01/2020 - 12:57

永久连接
what are the traffic problems in your country, no body can solve them, so we have to think again and make more studies in order to live in the green cites without complected transportation methods.

French Spring 提交于 周四, 23/01/2020 - 12:50

永久连接
The pavement of my street is too narrow. two people can not walk in this pavement at the same time , we have to walk at the street if there are not a cars .

AdrianaPC 提交于 周四, 16/01/2020 - 10:50

永久连接
I can see near my home crossings, traffic lights, street lights, squares, bus stops, roundabouts, pavement and crossroads. I live in the city centre so I don´t see roads and traffic.

enas refaat 提交于 周三, 15/01/2020 - 21:49

永久连接
crossroads and pavement are near to my house

Haneen Al Ghazali 提交于 周五, 10/01/2020 - 20:38

永久连接
Every day walk on the pavement of the street and cross another side of the road on a crossing place after sure is green on the traffic lights to go to work.

Bernice 提交于 周五, 10/01/2020 - 15:02

永久连接
There is a crossing near my home which I offen cross it, the cars give ways to people as there is no traffic light.
Profile picture for user Rafaela1

Rafaela1 提交于 周日, 08/12/2019 - 13:32

永久连接
I can see none of them from where I live, but there is a bus stop near my home and corners are all around. ⸜( ‘ ᵕ ‘ )⸝⸜

samou 提交于 周五, 29/11/2019 - 23:31

永久连接
Most people in my city do not respect the traffic lights and crossing.
My apartment is near the road which is very busy in peak hours everyday. there is a crossroad on one side and a roundabout no the other side. furthermore, a bus stop is only a few minuets walk from my flat, which is very convenient.

Said Garyare 提交于 周四, 03/10/2019 - 10:45

永久连接
Right now, I'm living a hostile in my university. So, I can't see traffic lights, sign posts, crossroads, crossing and etc but I see street lights in a side the streets in the university.

AlmiraLinda 提交于 周日, 22/09/2019 - 08:18

永久连接
In our country, there are more traffic lights than roundabouts. And then, we can see street lights in the middle of the roads or on sides of the streets.

tenedos 提交于 周三, 18/09/2019 - 20:24

永久连接
Near my home, there is a crossroad. After a few meters, There are crossing, signposts, bus stops, traffic, etc. The pavements in the city I live arent wide enough.
Profile picture for user Ahmad Bacha

Ahmad Bacha 提交于 周三, 18/09/2019 - 12:02

永久连接
I'm living in a village,so,no traffic lights there or roundabouts,there is just crossroads and crossings.

CucXuong 提交于 周二, 10/09/2019 - 05:29

永久连接
I'm leaving in a busy city which has a terrible traffic. Although there are traffic lights at corner, people here don't follow. Some people always try to drive as fast as they can when the traffic lights turning yellow, even though when it turns red. It seems more terrible than at crossroads with not clearly signposts. Especially, It's truly a chaotic traffic at the rush hour. On pavements, citizens use for their personal purpose such as parking, selling food, no where for walking. Almost people have to walk on the roads. I wish the government finds out efficiently solutions to solve this problem soon.

Sumreen Tahir 提交于 周四, 29/08/2019 - 14:38

永久连接
I have seen many of these things near my home such as signposts, traffic lights, crossings, streetlights, pavements and a roundabout.
Profile picture for user mtalebi

mtalebi 提交于 周三, 28/08/2019 - 04:37

永久连接
There are all of them near my home.

Setareh 提交于 周一, 26/08/2019 - 03:32

永久连接
I see near my home a lot of them like crossing,traffic lights ,cross roads and ...
Profile picture for user Stanley Alvarez

Stanley Alvarez 提交于 周五, 19/07/2019 - 22:43

永久连接
Near my home, there are roads, crossroads, crossings, traffic lights, street lights, pavements, and a square.

Nazarova Feruza 提交于 周三, 17/07/2019 - 04:06

永久连接
Hello. Near my house has a road and a corner. The children like to drive on a bicycle on the corner.

islamhasabo 提交于 周一, 15/07/2019 - 06:17

永久连接
while driving from my home to outside, I used to to take one of two roads. Both of them I have to go through a roundabout inside the community for exit to the gate to another roundabout in the main road.After that I can take the first exit to take the first road or drive like 7KM then take the exit to be in the second one.

chris-kutte 提交于 周五, 12/07/2019 - 00:10

永久连接
I can see lots of these things near my home. In my home area are crossings, traffic lights, bus stops, a round about and at least the central market place where I often meet friends to eat some icecream or drink a coffee.

shabo59 提交于 周二, 09/07/2019 - 05:45

永久连接
i live in karaj which is a one cities of IRAN and near to Tehran. there are many traffic lights, crossroads, streets, signposts and etc. i love Karaj . Karaj is beautiful though the city is crowded is like Tehran.

popo1011 提交于 周一, 01/07/2019 - 08:58

永久连接
I live in a big city, it is very crowded, there are a lot of traffic here, The weather and beverage water are polluted, 12 million people live in my city, They have different jobs. engineer, doctor, businessman,building painter, sweeper ,tailor,plumber ,.. there are many traffic lights, roundabouts, crossing , pavement,...here. i should had strong nerves for live in this city.

sahel1981 提交于 周六, 22/06/2019 - 05:22

永久连接
I live in Tehran which is a crowded city. Like other cities, it has lots of traffic lights, street lights, and also signposts. But, there is less roundabouts and more crossroads in Tehran comparing other cities that I have seen. In addition, drivers have a bad attitude that they usually neglect crossings which make people annoy when they need cross a street or junction.
Near my house, I can see crossings, corners, roundabouts, bus stops, street lights, roads, ... I'm living in a suburb of Brussels.
I am a French-speaking guy. In this lesson, there is a fearfull false friend: in French, a square is a kind of a little park with some bench and some trees. When I was a child, I played ball there because it was strictly forbidden playing football.

ngangan 提交于 周一, 03/06/2019 - 05:46

永久连接
1. My friend and I offen meet in the town square. 2. In the city, street lights offen are located on street corners 3. In some citis, riding a bicycle on the pavement is prohibited 4. I got lost because there was signpost at the crossroads
Profile picture for user BRAHIM ABOULOUAFA

BRAHIM ABOULOUAFA 提交于 周三, 29/05/2019 - 09:58

Nice practices.

Damaris 提交于 周五, 03/05/2019 - 01:13

永久连接
I see traffic lights, crossing and pavement

curlyhair 提交于 周六, 27/04/2019 - 15:00

永久连接
İn uk, roundabout is usually shown by signs written on the pavement without using wall on the contrary to my country. Traffic lights is standard in All ower the World although signposts could vary.

concha62 提交于 周四, 25/04/2019 - 21:15

永久连接
The first thing that I see is a roundabout, than an acrossing and finally a square. Where I live there aren't traffic lights, it's a very small town. We have three or four bus stops. All of ours streets have streetlights, signpost and pavement.
Profile picture for user Rafaela1

Rafaela1 提交于 周二, 23/04/2019 - 12:55

永久连接
I see trees and roofs. (⊂●⊃_⊂●⊃)

Samirah 提交于 周二, 23/04/2019 - 08:34

永久连接
I can see traffic lights, square, crossing and pavement near my home.

marcasti 提交于 周一, 15/04/2019 - 19:56

永久连接
I can see squares, traffic lights, streets, street lights, pavements, cross roads, corners, bus stops and crossings
Profile picture for user Rafaela1

Rafaela1 提交于 周二, 02/04/2019 - 09:26

永久连接
I live in a quiet place and can see none of these things except corners around the house. |・_・)ノ

Nusaiba Mohamed 提交于 周一, 01/04/2019 - 18:46

永久连接
Hi every one where i live you can see roads , street lights, traffic lights , crossing and threre is no signposts or roundabouts

赵文文 提交于 周一, 01/04/2019 - 08:18

永久连接
I live in Beijing, the capital of China, that is crowed city. So I can see crossings, roundabouts, roads, traffic lights everywhere. When i go to work on foot, i need to cross several crossing by the traffic lights.

Juan Diego Gal… 提交于 周四, 07/03/2019 - 03:07

永久连接
Where I live there are roads, traffic lights, street lights, pavement, crossing... Lol I think all of then, fewer roundabouts because almost always they are in country roads.

Yewint Koko 提交于 周四, 28/02/2019 - 11:04

永久连接
Hello everyone!! I live near a bus stop and I can see traffic light,a crossing and crossroads.
Profile picture for user Rafaela1

Rafaela1 提交于 周二, 26/02/2019 - 12:44

永久连接
The sea, the tip of a peninsula, the sky, clouds, sunshine.... hopefully! ♪₍๐•ᴗ•๐₎
Profile picture for user LANG

LANG 提交于 周一, 25/02/2019 - 13:12

永久连接
My house is next to the road which buses, lorries, motobikes drive on. There is no pavement for walker, no traffic light, few street lights, some signposts, walkers have to run as fast as possible if they need crossing. Many crossroads without traffic lights and a dangerous roundabout where no street light, no signpost, there was a lot of accidents. The Goverment is building a square.

RENIA THEODOROPOULOU 提交于 周四, 21/02/2019 - 23:36

永久连接
Our family lives in a small town with a lot of grafic squares. There are also streets with traffic lights so the cars, people and the bicycles are safe.

Mr.Dogan 提交于 周五, 15/02/2019 - 08:40

永久连接
There are many traffi lights, crossing, crossroad and pavements in my country. Especially big cities have most of traffic on rush hour. We always stop and give way to people on crossing.
Profile picture for user Ndayishimiye

Ndayishimiye 提交于 周四, 31/01/2019 - 12:01

永久连接
In my home town normally people walk on pavements, roundabouts are not so many as crossroads and crossings. Some crossroads have traffic lights and others do not have. each street is equipped with street light. We do not have a large square where people can meet.
Profile picture for user Rafaela1

Rafaela1 提交于 周三, 30/01/2019 - 04:57

永久连接
I can see none of these things but can see birds on tall trees near home. ꒰•‧̫•ू꒱

mydarling 提交于 周一, 28/01/2019 - 19:19

永久连接
In my country the cars drive at the right side.

Nimsu 提交于 周四, 24/01/2019 - 00:38

永久连接
There is lots of roundabout where I live.

elham1895 提交于 周二, 22/01/2019 - 10:27

永久连接
In my town, there are many street lights and crossroads.In the rush hour we should stop more time in the crossroads and it is terrible for me.

amirouche0 提交于 周日, 13/01/2019 - 11:25

永久连接
Paris's road are good but their are many crossing and traffic light