Meeting other students

Listen to a group of new students meeting for the first time to practise and improve your listening skills.

Do the preparation task first. Then listen to the audio and do the exercises.

Teacher: So, now you've got the important information, it's time to meet each other. Everyone turn to the people next to you and introduce yourselves.

Cara: So, hi. I'm Cara. And you are?

Robert: Robert.

Selim: Selim.

Cara: Nice to meet you!

Robert and Selim: You too.

Robert: Nice accent. Where are you from?

Cara: I'm from Glasgow.

Robert: Oh, really? My mum's from near Glasgow, so I'm half Scottish.

Cara: Cool. Do you live in Scotland?

Robert: No, we live in England, near Manchester. My dad's from there. What about you, Selim?

Selim: I'm from Leeds originally but I grew up near London.

Cara: Are you both doing history on its own?

Selim: No. I'm doing history and German.

Robert: I'm doing it with maths, actually.

Selim: History and maths. That's different!

Robert: Yeah, I couldn't decide between arts and sciences. Maths doesn't help with remembering dates, though! And you?

Cara: I'm doing history and French.

Selim: I wanted to do French but German was easier, so I took that.

Cara: German is so hard!

Do you need to improve your English listening skills?

A1 English level (elementary)

Yuzana 提交于 周二, 31/03/2020 - 06:59

永久连接
I would like to study economics and English. I studied economics from 2009 to 2019 and still learning English which is a global language to communicate with other people.

ValentinaLescano. 提交于 周一, 30/03/2020 - 21:13

永久连接
I would like to learn to speak English fluently and learn other languages such as French, Korean and Portuguese. Best wishes

Hello Valentina

I've translated your message into English because our House rules ask everyone to write in English so that everyone can understand the comments. It would be great practice for you to write in English and I would encourage you to try. Don't worry if it's not perfect!

We hope to hear from you again!

All the best

Profile picture for user OlaIELTS

OlaIELTS 提交于 周一, 30/03/2020 - 17:35

永久连接
I would like to study Finance.

Andrew Brown 提交于 周日, 29/03/2020 - 18:24

永久连接
Currently I study Banking and Finance but I like to study about stocks.

Yaninapanozo 提交于 周六, 28/03/2020 - 23:37

永久连接
I like study math and science

babul chandra shil 提交于 周五, 27/03/2020 - 03:35

永久连接
i would like to study fashion designing and English. i our county people use different type of clothing in according to age. some indigenous have their own cultural dress. English is international language. it give me opportunity to present my work to the world.

Nane 提交于 周四, 26/03/2020 - 22:33

永久连接
Hi! I like to study english and sciences, specifically human behavioral sciences (Psychology). Regards, AM

HMida 提交于 周一, 23/03/2020 - 12:04

永久连接
I like study history. This courses is very interesting. It allows to have a knowledge for the humanity evolution, wears and civilisations.

Antonyu19 提交于 周日, 22/03/2020 - 02:16

永久连接
I'd like to be a fluent english speaker. So I going to study the language.

jason2295 提交于 周四, 05/03/2020 - 01:12

永久连接
Hi, I like to study French and English. But when I was in School I love the maths.

Eswar 提交于 周六, 22/02/2020 - 06:33

永久连接
Can anyone explain In preparation Task Why Arts sections comes under French, german and history?

Hello Eswar

In many universities, departments are grouped into larger groups such as 'Arts' and 'Sciences'. 'Arts' includes many subjects besides the visual arts, such as, for example, languages. You can read a bit more about this in the Wikipedia if you're curious.

All the best

IMEN ABBES 提交于 周四, 20/02/2020 - 16:43

永久连接
I like sciences subjects; but actually I need to improve my english for my professional career.

Khin Nyein Chan 提交于 周四, 20/02/2020 - 15:22

永久连接
I like to study Maths and English.

s4lemm 提交于 周二, 18/02/2020 - 17:03

永久连接
I love to study english, spanish and laws.

siciidgaagaale 提交于 周三, 12/02/2020 - 18:12

永久连接
there are many stages in education system ,primary ,secondary and university . now i am in secondry i have got 10 subject .to be honest i like almost all of them ,buth there are some subject that i find difficult to gain good markes if try to do so i have to do more and more effort.

Vidyasagar 提交于 周三, 12/02/2020 - 14:07

永久连接
I like to study English, Geography and Ethics.

Hilma 提交于 周二, 11/02/2020 - 11:23

永久连接
Hi My mother tongue is frenchband i'am a german teacher. I find all langages interesting. It is really Amazing when i Can communicate with Persons from different countries

Lilian Justiniano 提交于 周六, 25/01/2020 - 20:56

永久连接
Hi, I like to study maths and English because it's very important for my professional life.

MaryaSun 提交于 周四, 16/01/2020 - 16:18

永久连接
Hi, i like to study geography and art. I am a Scenographer and i like a lot theatre's world, so.I like to study and discover all that concern theatre, e.g. scenography, lights, the gestures of actors, theatre's make up, the direction but also the story of theatres and their sculptures.

ofti 提交于 周二, 07/01/2020 - 22:20

永久连接
Hello, i want to speak english fluently

shahhoseini 提交于 周一, 23/12/2019 - 13:22

永久连接
I studied engineering. I decide to study and learn English. I want to speak English fluently.
Profile picture for user Mohamad-Altaha

Mohamad-Altaha 提交于 周日, 22/12/2019 - 13:35

永久连接
I really like the Nuclear field

Mdolores 提交于 周六, 14/12/2019 - 12:08

永久连接
I like to be engineer in general, but I have done building engineering. Letter careers are very interesting but I need work in contact with the street

Ulfa 提交于 周三, 04/12/2019 - 18:43

永久连接
When I was school, I liked math, physic, and chemistry. It's so fun. P. S. I'm sorry if my English is bad, because I studying and improving my english:)

Pawani 提交于 周三, 04/12/2019 - 12:27

永久连接
I like to study music. It's a very interesting subject. Also I would like hair dressing.

Dariusz 提交于 周日, 24/11/2019 - 00:56

永久连接
When I went to the school I liked a physical education the most.

subedi sweety 提交于 周二, 12/11/2019 - 11:14

永久连接
i like to study English because its important and fun. Going through the grammar and with the phrase is quite interesting. I love speaking it as well its quite satisfying and overwhelming.
Profile picture for user Alina Okt.

Alina Okt. 提交于 周四, 07/11/2019 - 20:00

I like to study Maths. Love it

Nasser_mo 提交于 周一, 04/11/2019 - 14:04

永久连接
I like history because it makes us understand the past, the present and the future .

Syed Rifat 提交于 周四, 31/10/2019 - 14:48

永久连接
It is very difficult to capture information once heard.

putrielissya 提交于 周六, 05/10/2019 - 17:16

永久连接
I have completed the lesson for "Meeting Other Students". The level I chose is Beginner A1.

Hello putrielissya,

I just wanted to explain why we have not published your other comments. Our comments section is for asking questions about or commenting on the content of the page. Sometimes we allow other comments, but if there are too many, this makes it more difficult for other users to use our site.

nurul ashikin 提交于 周四, 03/10/2019 - 07:39

Abdelmouttalib 提交于 周六, 28/09/2019 - 13:27

永久连接
I like to study English and computer sciences.

Paispaan 提交于 周四, 19/09/2019 - 08:27

永久连接
I have completed the following lesson of a Meeting Other Students. The level that I chose was beginner.

raza.umar 提交于 周一, 16/09/2019 - 18:03

永久连接
I am Student of Media Studies. So, the courses related to media studies are my favorite.
Profile picture for user Magedelabd

Magedelabd 提交于 周一, 19/08/2019 - 19:06

永久连接
I like to study computer science . it is the most used technology used nowadays. and it is evolved in every thing .

Longan1991 提交于 周日, 18/08/2019 - 03:15

永久连接
That I would like some subjects depends on each stage. But I was in the university, I only wanted to learn my major- economic law. And now I want to learn English because of its importance. Whẹn You learn English well, you will have job opportunities, jobs which are paid quite high, you can communicate with foreigners, ,,, Learning E benefits very much
Profile picture for user Caterina Siligardi

Caterina Siligardi 提交于 周六, 17/08/2019 - 17:35

永久连接
Hi. I like to study foreign languages :firstly English, then Chinese. When I was a student I studied the French language. Studying languages is very fun!!
Profile picture for user shahramuteng

shahramuteng 提交于 周四, 15/08/2019 - 22:15

永久连接
what subjects or what major? about subjects, I like that one which related to art and engineering, such an architect course. furthermore, I like math and astronomy.

samreenmkhan 提交于 周二, 30/07/2019 - 10:54

永久连接
Well that's a difficult question hmm i like accounting when i am able to understand it like when my concepts are clear it becomes easier and then i can do my exercises easily and it becomes fun but it becomes boring and hard when my concept is not clear about a specific topic or question.

Mohd_tom1990 提交于 周三, 24/07/2019 - 18:50

永久连接
If i meet new friend in University i interoduced my self first name and countery after that I aske him about name and countery. That is easy. Thx british conusil.

gedi 提交于 周三, 24/07/2019 - 14:54

永久连接
i would like to learn history because you know more information about the past history and also you can guess the future using past history
My favourite subject is English. It supports my career, too.

Praveen kumar 提交于 周四, 04/07/2019 - 15:01

永久连接
Now my favourite subject is english :).

popo1011 提交于 周二, 02/07/2019 - 05:45

永久连接
I like to study interior designer, But I studied surveying. If I could one day, certainly, I study it.

Diana0419 提交于 周日, 30/06/2019 - 07:25

永久连接
My favourite subject is English because my university major's subject is English. I started to learn English when I was three years old. English is a little bit difficult, but it's my motivation to keep on studying.