Meeting people at a dinner

Listen to introductions at a dinner party to practise and improve your listening skills.

Do the preparation task first. Then listen to the audio and do the exercises.

Charles: Hello, Julian.

Julian: Hello, Charles. How are you?

Charles: I'm fine. Fine. Julian, do you remember Alyssa?

Julian: No, I don't.

Charles: She's Ben's sister. Do you remember? We were all at Ben's wedding together.

Julian: Ah, yes, I do – in that old castle. Was it in January?

Charles: Yes, it was! Alyssa was there.

Alyssa: Hello. Nice to meet you ... again.

Julian: Hello, nice to meet you too, Alison.

Alyssa: I'm not Alison.

Julian: What?

Alyssa: My name isn't Alison. It's Alyssa.

Julian: I'm sorry. Nice to meet you, Alyssa.

Charles: Good. Would you like a drink?

Julian: Good idea.

Alyssa: Yes, please.

Charles: Here you are.

Alyssa and Julian: Thanks!

Do you need to improve your English listening skills?

sarah karrar 提交于 周四, 22/08/2019 - 18:09

永久连接
I usually meet new people every year, rather at the airport or college or other places like that.
Profile picture for user Magedelabd

Magedelabd 提交于 周三, 21/08/2019 - 17:47

永久连接
I meet new people once a moth
Profile picture for user shahramuteng

shahramuteng 提交于 周四, 15/08/2019 - 22:39

永久连接
I rarely meet new people, because nowadays I am in the house and do research and development.
Profile picture for user Caterina Siligardi

Caterina Siligardi 提交于 周三, 14/08/2019 - 16:12

永久连接
When I was a teacher, I met à lot of people everyday. Now I'm retired, but I can meet many people when I practice my favourite sport:Taijiquan.

Toanrt 提交于 周六, 03/08/2019 - 08:24

永久连接
every weekend if im not busy for this *lol*

gedi 提交于 周五, 26/07/2019 - 04:55

永久连接
first time i say him Hi then i ask him their name after that i told him to welcome to party and we start each other to ask him some information about the party

ayusisi 提交于 周三, 24/07/2019 - 07:26

永久连接
I am rarely meet new people, might be meeting new people in the mall.

fariba 提交于 周二, 16/07/2019 - 11:49

永久连接
i usually meet new people every one months.

Praveen kumar 提交于 周四, 11/07/2019 - 16:33

永久连接
yes I do meet new people in weddings or any parties but I don't talk too much.

thanhtam 提交于 周一, 08/07/2019 - 00:45

永久连接
I usually meet new people. When I go to supermarket, go to new class or go on street.

popo1011 提交于 周二, 02/07/2019 - 05:57

永久连接
I rarely meet new people, because of my office have not the referred clients.
really? when you work as a surveyor engineer in civil projects, probably you meet new employee and staff in each part of the project. especially if you work in Iran you see Afghan worker in different works groups certainly. furthermore, if you should sign some documents, you can meet a different Contractor.

Diana0419 提交于 周日, 30/06/2019 - 07:30

永久连接
I meet new people every two months.

abdalhameed 提交于 周五, 14/06/2019 - 13:36

永久连接
I meet new people frequently, because of my job as a doctor.

muditha906 提交于 周五, 07/06/2019 - 05:42

永久连接
I hardly ever meet new people

HamidrezaNazem 提交于 周四, 23/05/2019 - 13:42

永久连接
I can't say any time correctly but I think each Friday. We have a friendly meeting on every Friday.

khemissi 提交于 周六, 18/05/2019 - 09:00

永久连接
Hello ,meeting peuple it is vert interesting bécasse you must change your experience witty them.

Setareh 提交于 周一, 13/05/2019 - 03:22

永久连接
I hardly ever meet new people, because in my job i only meet my colleagues.
Profile picture for user Stanley Alvarez

Stanley Alvarez 提交于 周六, 04/05/2019 - 04:32

永久连接
Not very often, because I don't leave my house frequently. But, when I'll finish my university study, I think I'll meet many people.

Ransom 提交于 周一, 29/04/2019 - 12:51

永久连接
Hello. Is it mistake in first task - “do you know Alyssa” instead “do you remember Alyssa” ?
Hello Ransom 'Do you know Alyssa?' is also grammatically correct here, but is not as specific as 'Do you remember Alyssa?' In general, we say 'Do you know ...?' when we don't know if the other person has met the other person. In this case, Charles knows that Julian met Alyssa, which is why he says 'Do you remember Alyssa?' instead. All the best Kirk The LearnEnglish Team

César Árraga 提交于 周五, 19/04/2019 - 01:15

永久连接
I meet new people every now and then, generally when I sometimes participate in lecture or trainings in some institutions. There are too many people that I don't know and I greet some who are near me. Also, when I go to birthday of my relatives or friends.

cittàutopica 提交于 周二, 09/04/2019 - 18:05

永久连接
I meet new people quite frequently, especially at the gym, where I go from Monday to Wednesday.
Profile picture for user mehrazin

mehrazin 提交于 周一, 08/04/2019 - 18:44

永久连接
Dear British council team i meet new people every now and then because i am public relations manager and it s one of my necessitates of my job . then i have to go on communicating them to persuade and encourage them to sign my consumers cooperative contract . in my personal life i meet new people to get acquainted with them and after all the best ones would be left in my life. Best wishes for you