Meeting people at a dinner

Listen to introductions at a dinner party to practise and improve your listening skills.

Do the preparation task first. Then listen to the audio and do the exercises.

Charles: Hello, Julian.

Julian: Hello, Charles. How are you?

Charles: I'm fine. Fine. Julian, do you remember Alyssa?

Julian: No, I don't.

Charles: She's Ben's sister. Do you remember? We were all at Ben's wedding together.

Julian: Ah, yes, I do – in that old castle. Was it in January?

Charles: Yes, it was! Alyssa was there.

Alyssa: Hello. Nice to meet you ... again.

Julian: Hello, nice to meet you too, Alison.

Alyssa: I'm not Alison.

Julian: What?

Alyssa: My name isn't Alison. It's Alyssa.

Julian: I'm sorry. Nice to meet you, Alyssa.

Charles: Good. Would you like a drink?

Julian: Good idea.

Alyssa: Yes, please.

Charles: Here you are.

Alyssa and Julian: Thanks!

Kamelbenslimane 提交于 周一, 22/11/2021 - 20:09

永久连接

I meet new people every week in hiking activity

ANOUAR 提交于 周二, 09/11/2021 - 11:00

永久连接

In the past, i used to know and meet alot of people, but when I moved to another city I become more isolated and I disconnected from the outside world, but I will be back soon!

John Nguyen 提交于 周二, 09/11/2021 - 03:20

永久连接

Not sure, I like old relationships, so I rarely meet new people

LamVanPhuong 提交于 周六, 06/11/2021 - 14:53

永久连接

sometimes, but not now because covid-19, i can't go out to meet new people. However, i often meet new people on social media.

thistangle 提交于 周四, 04/11/2021 - 08:04

永久连接

Pretty useful audio bits for conversation starters during dinners. Thanks..

KyawMinThu 提交于 周二, 26/10/2021 - 10:20

永久连接

I work at a clothing store and I rarely meet new peoples when they come to our shop.

vuhoap 提交于 周二, 19/10/2021 - 13:54

永久连接

I'm an introvert so I don't like to get to know other people. Moreover, my job rarely has to communicate with new people. That's why I don't have the opportunity to meet them.

francyscongo 提交于 周五, 15/10/2021 - 13:38

永久连接

No often, but sometimes I like to meet new people. It's so good when you met family and friends.

Suraj paliwal 提交于 周一, 04/10/2021 - 11:23

永久连接

I like to meet new people, do different things and know different places. I worked for me in this time
Usually I remember everybody when I met.

Andrea Valencia 提交于 周六, 24/07/2021 - 15:57

永久连接
I don't really know many people lately, because we are living a pandemic and we must be isolated and I don't use apps to meet people.

KATIELLE RAIAN… 提交于 周六, 10/07/2021 - 14:08

永久连接
I rarely meet new people.
Really, In the past I knew more people, now with social media, if more difficult, for me... I like to see people and look through to eyes.

karinaelizabeth 提交于 周三, 28/04/2021 - 17:32

永久连接
I don't frequently go out because I have many things to do in my house besides I'm studying so I have to do my homework on time and my daughter's tasks as well.

Le Heros 提交于 周三, 14/04/2021 - 18:43

永久连接
I don't meet new people often but I hope that will be soon with a great meeting.

Mai Khin Nway Shein 提交于 周一, 12/04/2021 - 13:38

永久连接
I didn't go anywhere within the Covid-19 period, so I have no chance to meet new people. Now I more frighten to go out. I don't go anywhere, I don't even go to my work since Feb 8 ... I am trying to improve my English skill these days. If I lose my job, I need to have good English to easily get another job.

victor.07 提交于 周四, 08/04/2021 - 16:40

永久连接
I don't meet new people often, but I think I will soon.

Suraj paliwal 提交于 周四, 08/04/2021 - 04:02

永久连接
In this time, in my country covid's second wave is very dangerous. So I isolated himself in a room. But I active in internet and talk friends. University organize to held online classes. So I take online classes and interact teacher and student.

DarwinM 提交于 周三, 07/04/2021 - 04:53

永久连接
I don't meet new people often because of the pandemic, actually. I used to meet new people at university, but now I'm having just online classes.

tvkien 提交于 周二, 30/03/2021 - 03:40

永久连接
In basically, my country controlled the pandemic for now. So I can go out to work, therefore I can meet new people every day.

7s_mila 提交于 周日, 28/03/2021 - 18:44

永久连接
The pandemic has changed lives. I meet new people hardly ever. Because I study online and rarely go anywhere.

Veronikka 提交于 周五, 26/03/2021 - 01:26

永久连接
I often meet new people at my job. When I need to evaluate a platform, I work with the provider (local and external) for 2 or 3 months. We organize proofs of concept for all platforms. I really know a lot of people on these projects. These projects are usually every 6 months.

SaraMessa 提交于 周四, 25/03/2021 - 14:48

永久连接
Now I don't meet new people because in Italy for Covid's situation we can't go anywhere.

Tomas Nabil 提交于 周二, 23/03/2021 - 17:50

永久连接
Every week because my work in company

MikhailZatopliaev 提交于 周日, 21/03/2021 - 02:43

永久连接
I meet new people not often, but it is so interesting for me, though, we visit sauna every month and my friend Vladimir invite new people.

TIa vinaka 提交于 周四, 18/03/2021 - 04:33

永久连接
I hardly meet new people these days due to the pandemic. before that, I met new people several times in a month. I really miss that days. meeting new people is fun and sometimes it change the life more interesting.

Anonimusezio 提交于 周四, 11/03/2021 - 19:07

永久连接
This assignament, is a good task for the Pre-A1 level students.
Usually, when I go out with my daughter I meet new people, others parents for sure.

Giuliana 提交于 周三, 10/03/2021 - 15:36

永久连接
I think sometimes a meet new people with more frequency but in this days or few months ago because of the covid I couldn't meet new people personally but actually i found new friends through instagram or other app. In this days or months ( when the covid is more level) i met and i meeting with a new people (thanks to my friends) because when i meeting with them, they carried his friends or we go to bars and there we meet new people and now friends

Brenda Patrici… 提交于 周一, 22/02/2021 - 14:43

永久连接
I hardly ever meet new people, since I don't go out of my home anymore as before and I'd rather stay at home.

vespinosa10 提交于 周六, 20/02/2021 - 18:13

永久连接
Not much due to the pandemic, but in the school i try to be a little sociable.

senaguner 提交于 周六, 30/01/2021 - 14:08

永久连接
There is a pandemic in my country as in the whole world. So I can not go out and unfortunately I can not meet the new people at coronavirus days. We have to stay at home.

Leila77 提交于 周一, 25/01/2021 - 18:35

永久连接
I rarely meet new people because I prefer to stay at home, when I don't work, and I'm a little shy.
I think depends... but around one time per week.

Alex.BC 提交于 周六, 23/01/2021 - 13:28

永久连接
I don't often meet new people.

IrinAristova 提交于 周三, 20/01/2021 - 16:14

永久连接
I rarely meet new people, now People meet new people in the Internet

German 提交于 周四, 14/01/2021 - 00:28

永久连接
I meet new people because my work, but generally are customers.

paola Beltran 提交于 周三, 13/01/2021 - 16:32

永久连接
I often doesn´t meet people. Though in my holidays have met some people.

May Sabai Phyu 提交于 周五, 01/01/2021 - 15:07

永久连接
I meet new people yesterday. I went to my friend's birthday party. There are so many people that I don't know.

Luisalcaza 提交于 周三, 30/12/2020 - 03:14

永久连接
In my job I usually meet new people everyday, because I'm a doctor.

Suraj paliwal 提交于 周一, 28/12/2020 - 05:35

永久连接
Often, I meet new people in a month. I talk to people about their job, behaviour and other things. This is occurs because I like to meet new people. Still I am a university student so I meet new freshers.

Tzar 提交于 周五, 25/12/2020 - 11:00

永久连接
I usually met new people once a month.I also met new people three days ago.They visited to my home.We talked about our jobs and problems.I like to meet them and my closed friends,too.l use to gather with my closed friends twice a week.But now we don't have a chance to meet because of Covid 19.

Deyse Pinheiro… 提交于 周四, 24/12/2020 - 18:06

永久连接
Lately, I've not been meeting new people because of the pandemic.

glen 提交于 周日, 20/12/2020 - 20:35

永久连接
I meet new people once in a blue moon as I don't usually attend to a social gathering.

serena93 提交于 周三, 16/12/2020 - 20:35

永久连接
I usually meet new people when I go out with friend in some pub, there are always new people that you can know and also I meet new people when I travel and always when I work

Tatiana barrera 提交于 周二, 15/12/2020 - 17:12

永久连接
I usually know new people around my neighborhood, but this year I can't meet new people.

Andycivita 提交于 周一, 14/12/2020 - 17:35

永久连接
Almost every week in the clubs or partys, or also in social medias, i love meet new people but is kinda difficult to me because i´m a little shy in the beggining.

pabloxje 提交于 周三, 09/12/2020 - 03:02

永久连接
Well, it depends. At the moment, I think I don't know new people since March because of the pandemic.

m.someah 提交于 周二, 01/12/2020 - 14:46

永久连接
I used to meet new people at parties or official meetings about twice a week.