An email to book a hotel

Learn how to write an email to book a hotel.

Reading text

To: info@ascot-hotel.co.uk
From: David Mathews
Subject: Booking 2 nights next week

Dear Ascot Hotel,

I would like to reserve an accessible single room for two nights with breakfast on the 22 and 23 of April. Could I have a quiet room with a view if possible, please?

I will arrive at about 10 p.m. and I have an early meeting the next morning, so please could you leave an iron and ironing board in the room?

I have a promotional code (MH2219). Please can you confirm that it is £80 per night with breakfast included?

Please could you confirm the booking? Let me know if you need any further information.

Many thanks.

With kind regards,

David Mathews

Tips

1. When writing an email to a hotel, you can start with Hello or Dear (hotel name).
  2. Say clearly the dates you want, the room type and whether you want breakfast or not.
  3. Don't forget to mention any additional information or special requests.
  4. Ask them to confirm your booking. Give them your phone number if you prefer to be contacted that way.
Do you need to improve your English writing skills?
Join thousands of learners from around the world who are improving their English writing skills with our live online classes and personal tutoring courses.

Garza 提交于 周四, 05/03/2020 - 23:02

永久连接
When I travel with my family, we always reserve the room with anticipation, we like the breakfast include and the wifi connection, also we prefer the room with the best view.

A01285651 提交于 周四, 05/03/2020 - 19:54

永久连接
The price is very good, have a room with a view, breakfast included and a room quiet, is incredible. I would like to go on a trip and stay at this hotel with my whole family, and if I am lucky I can get a code to have some kind of tour or activities outside the hotel, also my friends given me good coments for this hotel.

Perez 提交于 周四, 05/03/2020 - 19:44

永久连接
Hello David, it's an accessible room 22 and 23 of April, it's possible a quiet room but the room it's in last flour, the iron it's possible I would put the iron in the room, and the promotional code it's valued it cost 80 per night if you have requested I will answer you.

José David Banda 提交于 周四, 05/03/2020 - 19:36

永久连接
Usually, when my family and I make a reservation at a hotel, we compare prices, check the size of the room, if the location is accessible and if the hotel includes tourist walks. Finally enjoy a good holiday!

andresrdz14 提交于 周四, 05/03/2020 - 19:30

永久连接
This e mail it's so good because it explains how to book a room on a hotel, but I usually ask for the internet, and i ask for the breakfast and dinner times, sometimes I travel with my family, I love to travel.

Jeimmy8a 提交于 周四, 05/03/2020 - 19:27

永久连接
When I arrived at the hotel I usually ask for the wifi connection, the floor of the room and the breakfast time.

Gabriel Rivera 提交于 周四, 05/03/2020 - 19:26

永久连接
When I want to reserve a room, I like to ask first the cost and then the capacity it has, what view it has, if it has room service, among other things that I look for as comfort and that this room is beautiful.

Gianna Chapa 提交于 周四, 05/03/2020 - 19:26

永久连接
When I book a hotel room i ask for the price of the room and I ask for the beds, if they are comfortable. Also I ask if there is a pool and from the view of the room. After that, I ask them do they have complimentary breakfast.

A01285704 提交于 周四, 05/03/2020 - 19:25

永久连接
My family and my always when we travel to a beach, the first thing we ask is that this room be large so that everyone can sleep well, and we also want a view of the sea. My family and my almost always travel 3 times a year.

Daniel Zárate 提交于 周四, 05/03/2020 - 19:23

永久连接
I prefer reserve a room with a beautiful view with anticipation because in the season in which my Family travel the hotel is so crowed.

MGAMEZGARCIA3 提交于 周四, 05/03/2020 - 19:22

永久连接
When I arrive at the hotel I always ask the receptionist the Wifi connection, and also the check out time.

A01285534 提交于 周四, 05/03/2020 - 19:21

永久连接
If i booking for a hotel i ask for the tips of breakfast, the activitys that you can do in the hotel like scubadiving, surf, etc. I would like have a single room for be more confortable.

rivercountryside 提交于 周四, 05/03/2020 - 08:35

永久连接
- The first, I say my requires about type room : single room, double room, king room... - The second, that is time when I want to reserve: date, time.. - the third , I ask them about price.. - the fourth, I will say special requires such as : the view room, the window room, the smoking room and include breakfast, taxi pick up..
Profile picture for user Magedelabd

Magedelabd 提交于 周日, 16/02/2020 - 16:14

永久连接
If I am booking for a hotel a I ask for an intern access

paco__fgei 提交于 周二, 11/02/2020 - 18:54

永久连接
When I book a Hotel room, I always ask if they have Wifi connection, I ask about the room´s price, therefore if the hotel has baggage service, and obviusly if the room has a nice wiew. I ussually ask to the service room if they clean the room, when they do a great clean room, they receive a big tip.
Paco Where do you booked an hotel? I always like to have a nice hotel but then I reserve a horrible hotel, with no internet, no service and to expensive, I want I nice hotel can you tell where can I look?

Vidyasagar 提交于 周四, 30/01/2020 - 17:45

永久连接
What is the difference between can and could? Till now, i thought could is the past tense of can.

Hello Vidyasagar,

For some uses, could does function as the past form of can, but it also functions as a modal verb in its own right. Happily, we have a page on the difference between can and could. You can find it here:

That page is part of a larger section on modal verbs which you might also find helpful:

smga22 提交于 周日, 26/01/2020 - 05:38

永久连接
Most of the time I travel with my family. First of all, I ask for bedroom type. After that, I ask them do they have complimentary breakfast. Sometimes I need other information like wifi availability, mineral water, etc.

MaryaSun 提交于 周一, 20/01/2020 - 16:08

永久连接
I usually travell whit my mum and my sister and, when i book a room i usually ask for a triple room, so. It is not necessary that the room is big because we only use it for sleeping. for us it is necessary the wi-fi connection and an ensuite room.

shahhoseini 提交于 周六, 21/12/2019 - 15:10

永久连接
I usually travel with my family and need to reserve a suite room. Wifi connection is necessary for me and I prefer a room in higher floor with viewing.

felipeorozco 提交于 周三, 04/12/2019 - 21:41

永久连接
my family is big so normally we ask for two rooms the last time we went to travel was amazonas to be honest,it is something beatifull because you can live the experience with the moder nature.

Dariusz 提交于 周四, 31/10/2019 - 13:19

永久连接
I really rarely reserve a hotel room. I prefer room in private house or free hut. However when I book a hotel room or another room, I usually ask about the accessible and price, next promotional code. I sometime need any further intormation like breakfast included or en suite room.
Well, I think that hotels should give you the price options and offer you when the best days may be for a good and cheaper promotion. And now with technology now everything is easier to book in a hotel.

Dariusz 提交于 周四, 31/10/2019 - 00:02

永久连接
I usually ask about the price and available, further I ask about promotional code

aliyazdan 提交于 周日, 08/09/2019 - 20:22

永久连接
hello When I'm on a trip, I usually book a double room or a suite room becuse I often travel with my family. First of alI I ask about price and breakfast icluded. After then I ask for quiet room and wifi internet.
Profile picture for user shahramuteng

shahramuteng 提交于 周三, 14/08/2019 - 19:47

永久连接
Before booking any hotel, cleaning of rooms is important for me. after that, if I want to reserve a room some follow parameters have the most important for me: 1. nice view, 2. silence 3. location of the room in the lower floor 4. Wifi

BING70 提交于 周四, 08/08/2019 - 02:15

永久连接
Do you believe that I've never ask for something when I book a room. I looked through the pages of hetel rooms on BOOKING and just booked it if the price was acceptable. At last I was not very satisfied with the room when I arrived at the hotel because some circumstances were not be mentioned on the webpage. Now I know why.
Profile picture for user RdVAL

RdVAL 提交于 周五, 02/08/2019 - 15:24

永久连接
so when i need to reserve a single room or a double room in a hostel, or hotel, i observ it, if it has a good internet connection, several tv channels, air conditioning and if the bathroons are regularly neat! this is the basic for me!

Santika 提交于 周五, 02/08/2019 - 03:22

永久连接
The thing that I ask when I book a hotel room is confirmation whether the specific room I request is available on the specific date that I mention, my special request can be fullfiled, the promotion still valid, and my payment method is accepted. I should also ask special rule and service in the hotel. The special rule and service usually written in a booklet or paper in the hotel room. I should also ask hotel terms, time, and payment to use hotel facilities such as breakfast/dinner in the room/restaurant, swimming pool, gym, and others.

cittàutopica 提交于 周二, 30/07/2019 - 21:50

永久连接
When I book a hotel room, I ask for a room located on the high floor, with a bath and a good wiew.

Rishi_9335 提交于 周三, 17/07/2019 - 14:40

永久连接
well, I will ask for a good WiFi connection and a neat bathroom. I appreciate good service from them.

chris-kutte 提交于 周二, 09/07/2019 - 00:31

永久连接
I usually travel with my girlfriend so I always ask for double rooms with two separate blankets. I also ask for Wi-Fi, a private bathroom and whether they have a free car park at the hotel.

popo1011 提交于 周二, 02/07/2019 - 07:09

永久连接
Hi dear Grand Hotel I am Sarah and I would like to reserve a single room with a twin bed for 15 t 18 of July and with breakfast. of course, there was a bathroom. We will arrive at 11 a.m and I want to have a closet, Iron, wi-fi, two blankets,... How much do I pay for 3 nights? I have a promotional code (HM-995).please can you confirm my booking? If you want any information, This is my phone number 3154521585 Thanks With respect Sarah

Rodomi 提交于 周三, 26/06/2019 - 01:42

永久连接
When I book a hotel room, I ask for information about the price, breakfast and what kind of accessories I can find in my future room. I also ask for information about laser areas in the Hotel.
I ask for a quiet room, available wifi and good view.

Setareh 提交于 周三, 22/05/2019 - 03:41

永久连接
I ask for a quiet room with a good view.

lengoclam 提交于 周一, 13/05/2019 - 15:14

永久连接
Honestly, I seldom book a hotel room. I remembered the first time I reserve a room in the hotel. I ask the room is available or not, how is the view of room, how much for a day.
Profile picture for user teddysl

teddysl 提交于 周日, 05/05/2019 - 04:28

永久连接
If i book a room i want clean room with a wonderful view and i need quiet room it's very important.
Profile picture for user randyjay

randyjay 提交于 周日, 05/05/2019 - 04:22

永久连接
I want to have a peaceful place in good view and good service
For me, view is very important. A beautiful view can relax my mind and enjoy my stay. A room with good air conditioning is also important. However, I like the natural ventilation very much. If they can provide that I will be so happy.

Kavi 提交于 周日, 05/05/2019 - 04:18

永久连接
When I book a hotel room,I ask for room with good view.

saydin 提交于 周六, 04/05/2019 - 10:50

永久连接
I want to good view and clean room. also at least get breakfast in the hotel.
Profile picture for user Stanley Alvarez

Stanley Alvarez 提交于 周六, 04/05/2019 - 03:05

永久连接
When I book a hotel room, I ask if it have restaurant and pool. Sometimes, I ask for room with air conditioning, but it depends on city where I travel.
Profile picture for user mtalebi

mtalebi 提交于 周五, 26/04/2019 - 17:21

永久连接
I ask for a clean room, wifi, an iron and a good view.
Profile picture for user Alias

Alias 提交于 周日, 31/03/2019 - 04:14

永久连接
When I book a hotel room, I ask for en suite room. I would like an air-conditional, hot water in the bathroom, especially wifi and a view if any. I might don’t need refridge, safety box, television o.r bath tub
I would like to ask for bathtub when booking a room. Taking a hot bath after a long trip or a business travel can release the stress very well. Furthermore, floor to ceiling window with a good view is very important for me. A large window can brighten the whole room, which makes people more energetic and active, and it is very pleasant that the beautiful scenes comes into view when you look out from the window.
Profile picture for user Nhungskun

Nhungskun 提交于 周一, 18/03/2019 - 09:15

永久连接
To: Hana hotel From: Kathy Nguyen Subject: Booking 3 nights next month Dear Hana Hotel! I would like to reserve a double room three nights with breakfast on the 27, 28 and 29 of April. Could i have a room with a bathtub and a hairdryer please? I will arrive at about 11 p.m on 27 and i have not a promotional code. Please could you confirm the booking or let me know if you need any further information. Many thanks With kind regard Kathy Nguyen

aliyyan 提交于 周三, 13/03/2019 - 00:28

永久连接
I usually request a room with a view so I don't get bored.