An end of term report

Read an end of term report to practise and improve your reading skills.

Do the preparation task first. Then read the text and do the exercises.

Reading text

Reading 20 10 15 P
Listening 20 10 8 F
Writing 20 10 14 P
Speaking 20 10 17 P
Grammar/Vocabulary 20 10 11 P
TOTAL     65 P

Comments

Well done, Javier, on all your hard work this term. You are always active in speaking activities, and this is great. I always enjoy reading your writing too; you have very good ideas. You can see from your marks that reading is not a problem for you.

Sometimes you still make small grammar mistakes, and I think you can improve your vocabulary. I recommend you review many of the language points we studied this term. There is extra language practice in your online workbook.

The area you need to work on the most is listening. I know this is difficult for you. I recommend more practice at home. Listen to English TV shows, podcasts and radio as much as possible. I can give you a list of things to listen to.

I've enjoyed working with you. Have a nice holiday, and good luck for next term!

Instructor's name: Erin Gibbs

Signed: Erin Gibbs

Do you need to improve your English reading skills?

mahiro 提交于 周一, 01/06/2020 - 06:22

永久连接
Hello. I'm not good speaking English. I forgot the vocabulary in public so I began to online English conversation. There are a lot of good points. First, I learn practical word. Second, I have a native person adapt so I feel not nervous. There is another good points. I recommend an online English conversation. Because I study English in online English conversation every day. Thank you.

Sharif Tayyebi 提交于 周三, 27/05/2020 - 13:27

永久连接
Hi everyone. In this case, I haven't had any examination for two years. Now I am working on English by myself. But, I think I have a lot of problems with listening and writing. Because there is no one to help me, for example, who check my mistakes and recommend for. I also have the same problem with speaking, because I don't have a partner to practice with. After quarantine, I will get a good course, but if you know better tactics in this time, please suggest me. Regards, Tayyebi

mouna99 提交于 周二, 19/05/2020 - 12:49

永久连接
My last report was very good, I got the best marks in the class

Muna 提交于 周日, 17/05/2020 - 04:25

永久连接
Hello am a new My earea that needs more practice Reading and writing

Muhammad Bagir 提交于 周日, 17/05/2020 - 04:12

永久连接
i worst at speaking and listening skills. maybe this is the biggest problem that non-native english deal with. anyone who feel the same too?

Ujang Saepudin 提交于 周三, 13/05/2020 - 03:33

永久连接
My last report is not too good like my english, espesially speaking. maybe because i haven't friend to talk in english.

Lauracastanos 提交于 周二, 12/05/2020 - 00:11

永久连接
Hello In English everything is difficult for me, mainly speaking and listening, that's why every day I practice English to improve

Angelika Angie 提交于 周日, 03/05/2020 - 14:54

永久连接
Hi Everyone, I haven't taken any English exam. I am working as a supervisor hotel receptionist. My English is ok and my speaking not so bad. The problem I face is grammar and vocabulary. I hope I will improve my grammar with the British Council.

Barnaxon 提交于 周日, 26/04/2020 - 10:46

永久连接
Hi Everbody, My took an exam 10 years a go:) now I am just working. I must working because my wife is not going to work 2 years so We need money alive:) my payment is not enough for go to course. I wan to go to course. I want to help prefossional for learn english but my financial possibility is not enough.Never mind I study here. Maybe I can improve my english here. I hope so. Far the corona-19 Stay at home

ansyah 提交于 周五, 24/04/2020 - 04:01

永久连接
finally, I am brave write in language english, althought my language very bad

Jeyk Gama 提交于 周二, 21/04/2020 - 04:21

永久连接
I hardly finish the writing task given to me on specific time. I got a good results in reading and speaking, additionally a fare grade in listening.

carol alves 提交于 周二, 14/04/2020 - 20:04

永久连接
I need to practice listening, and speaking. I'm afraid to speak English, but I don't want to make mistakes, and I have been insecurity

ademyonet 提交于 周日, 12/04/2020 - 14:17

永久连接
last my report was bad. because I couldn't prepare it very good. I don't know how I will improve myself. I think that I have to make a good plan and I have to apply.

Daudau0601 提交于 周五, 03/04/2020 - 15:54

永久连接
My last report is not as expected. I think that i need to improve all English skills. especially listening skill. I 'm really really afraid of it because when i have to listen a test, i hear very little not even heard any sentence.i think i've to try more huhu
Profile picture for user OlaIELTS

OlaIELTS 提交于 周二, 31/03/2020 - 18:37

永久连接
My last result was excellent. I have to improve more on the practical aspect.
Profile picture for user Sergei Baskakov

Sergei Baskakov 提交于 周二, 31/03/2020 - 16:29

永久连接
I learn English on my own. This is a problem for me because I don't have enough speaking and writing pratice.

MammadovAnar 提交于 周日, 29/03/2020 - 08:34

永久连接
The last report was my IELTS trial exam report. Last year I took IELTS mock test at World Language Center. To be honest, my writing skills was not good when I was an exam. I took only 5.5 from writing. Even so, my overall score was 6.5. Although, my writing skills is not good,listening and reading skills not so bad. And now, I do improve my writing skills everyday. I believe, on August I will take 7.0 score from IELTS exam at British Council.

cuneyt 提交于 周三, 25/03/2020 - 21:48

永久连接
Hi.. But you should study at home, watching on line classes on youtube, TV series, listening music, playing games, doing exercise on app. We can't depend to a teacher.. if you really want to learn, you can do it alone. Believe in you. Good Look!

seco 提交于 周二, 03/03/2020 - 10:31

永久连接
Hello everyone:) İ remembered something like this subject. At that time i had been working in a big company in İstanbul. For that reason i thought İ had to improve my English skills, And then i enjoyed a course which was the best from the others on my location. My instructor said that i was good at writing and listening was ok but speaking was not same the others. Thanks all of you :)

Laura1184 提交于 周二, 25/02/2020 - 09:48

永久连接
Hello! I need to improve my English language and I need to emprove my work skills be economics and management.

siciidgaagaale 提交于 周三, 19/02/2020 - 14:31

永久连接
i sat my final exam three weeks ago at the end of the last month. the exam consisted (listen ,reading,vocabulary,grammer ,pronunciation and writing. and i got my result this week. i was in A ,i got wrong 18 marks . i was needed 190 and i gained 172. the best part of my exam was pronunciation 20/20 and the second one was speaking 14/15 and the third one was grammer 38/40. as you can see from marks i was A in all three these. But there were skills that i was very poor at them such as reading 10/15 ,listen 8/10,vocabulary 37/40 and writing 45/50. my poorest part was reading I became very complicated it was talking How our body language reveal out our emotion withou telling ,the concept was hard and there were difficult words that i had not seen before .

Alaa Basha 提交于 周六, 15/02/2020 - 07:59

永久连接
It's has been long time since the last report so I forget about it. But I know for sure that I need more practice on my listening at most. Also, I have not had any course on writing yet.

Giahaitruong 提交于 周五, 31/01/2020 - 14:32

永久连接
My last report was speaking evaluation by my teacher. It wasn’t great and I need to work hard and be induatrious. Pronounciation and fluency are the skills I want to improve.

MaryaSun 提交于 周四, 30/01/2020 - 15:26

永久连接
i am not very good in english but i want to improve. I am good in writing or reading. I have some problem about speaking because i sometimes think in italian language and then translate in english ...this is bad!!! but i am not very good in listening..it is difficult for me to understand the other expecially if he speaks quickly..but i can understand very well if you speak me slow. In these days i am watching short videos online and i am listening english songs with subtitle to improve my vocabulary. I know i need of speaking and listening more times
Profile picture for user Optimist

Optimist 提交于 周六, 25/01/2020 - 22:25

永久连接
I need to work more with reading, listening and pronunciation

Dariusz 提交于 周五, 24/01/2020 - 02:32

永久连接
I have never had report looked exactly like this. The area I need to improve on the most is speaking.

shahhoseini 提交于 周三, 15/01/2020 - 06:47

永久连接
I use the Learn English British Council website to improve my language skills. It is very excellent, and I thank its managers. The reports at the end of last each lesson are very useful for me and I correct my mistake answers. Thanks a lot.
Profile picture for user Magedelabd

Magedelabd 提交于 周四, 26/12/2019 - 12:35

永久连接
My last report was my annual evaluation from my manager . it was very good for me it was about 98% and also he recommended salary raise by 20% .

Nilar Htun 提交于 周一, 18/11/2019 - 09:05

永久连接
Until now, I have never tested in English Exam, but I think I need to more improve in all 4 skills to be professional level because I think I would be in basic level.

Rasoul Bayani 提交于 周五, 15/11/2019 - 13:39

永久连接
As I remembered, It was one month ago and it was terrible mark because I fell at reading and listening skills. My tutor suggested me to practice more on these area by British council website. and thanks to yours because of your very good resource.

RAZHAN 提交于 周一, 07/10/2019 - 18:08

永久连接
i think, i need more practice in writing and speaking, i do not know how i can improve it, i do not have more free time, and no bady to talk with, but i am optimistic to improve it in the future because i am very interesting about English language.

Reon 提交于 周四, 12/09/2019 - 08:46

永久连接
My last report was not great but not but. Overall was good and the subjects which I was worried about were excellent. However, I got average scores in some subjects which I didn't care. From thI results, I can find I can do when I work hard. So, I should study all of subjects, not only weak one but also strong one. To do so, I think I can take amazing GPA score.

Fudhol 提交于 周一, 02/09/2019 - 08:11

永久连接
What was your last report like? What areas do you need to improve? I haven't taken in official English test yet, but I think I have a problem in speaking and writing. I have no one to speak English to, so it's difficult to improve my speaking skill. And in writing, I don't now how to arrange the word to be a good sentence in English. Therefore, I have to practice more to improve my English and one of my effort is practicing with this site.
Profile picture for user drphungmanhtien

drphungmanhtien 提交于 周一, 26/08/2019 - 17:22

永久连接
I really have never done my english test in original, bt I have done some test in my computer. Listenning is very difficult for me. The best is reading skill. I think I will try for my best. I m afraid in examination. hihi. I want to express my wishing to all of you when you are in examination. Good luck to all.

ayusisi 提交于 周四, 25/07/2019 - 11:10

永久连接
Actually, I need to improve for 4 areas leaning English like speaking, reading, writing and listening. But the most area that I need to improve is speaking skills. I'm very bad in speaking english, Its hard for me to say what in my mind. But sometimes i understand what people say, I understand what i read.

cittàutopica 提交于 周四, 11/07/2019 - 21:56

永久连接
I need to improve all four areas, but especially "listening" and "speaking";

Sanda 提交于 周四, 11/07/2019 - 16:50

永久连接
Hello. I need to improve all my skills. I know to speak a little bit, but I have to improve more. I need to practice listening and speaking more, because these are the most that I have to use at work. For the moment I record on the phone than I listen what I said. I think is a good exercise to see where I have problems.
Profile picture for user Bukat Sasha

Bukat Sasha 提交于 周二, 09/07/2019 - 20:50

永久连接
Hi, everyone. I didn't have any report but I know I need to improve four skills in English. One day I read and speak another I listen and write my diary and comments. I know I know grammar and vocabulary of couse.

popo1011 提交于 周一, 08/07/2019 - 06:24

永久连接
Hi I recently, almost 2 months, began to learn English self study and I learned well in a short time. I like the British council because helps me to learn. I attend to improve every 4 skills with good planning.

Wahiba 提交于 周三, 19/06/2019 - 07:45

永久连接
Two months a go a had my last report of English course. My marks were very good on grammar and vocabulary, good on writing, I had an average score on speaking because of my Bad prononciation. unfortunately My mark on listening was insufficient. Since that I have tried to improve this skill by listening to radio, TV News, broadcasting and audiobooks. I still have difficulties on listening but I decided to follow my learning and practicing day by day and step by step intel I will held my purpose ( use easily English in my daily life.

Hello Wahiba

It's great to hear that you are so determined to improve your English. I just wanted to make sure that you had seen our Listening skills section. There are a lot of pages there that could be helpful for that. There are also several sections in our General English section that might also be useful for you.

Good luck!

All the best

Profile picture for user mtalebi

mtalebi 提交于 周六, 25/05/2019 - 06:37

永久连接
I gave the IELTS exam in 2010. My average mark was 6.5 from 9. I thought I would score a bit in listening, but I get 5 in reading because it was very difficult.

afnan abdullah 提交于 周六, 18/05/2019 - 00:05

永久连接
hi krik you can help me how learn speaking skills bacuse all time i still in home and my family dont speak english langauge so i am not find pepoel speak with me for improve my language
Hi! It depends of you because in your country each area have most people who know speak English you're being curious and create the relationship with those people this my opinion you can flex to find other ways
Hello afnan abdullah There's some good advice on how to use our site to improve your speaking on our Frequently asked questions (https://learnenglish.britishcouncil.org/frequently-asked-questions) page. I would also recommend the pages in our Speaking (https://learnenglish.britishcouncil.org/speaking) and Listening (https://learnenglish.britishcouncil.org/listening) skills sections. Even if you can't speak with another person in English, you can learn a lot by trying to speak to yourself in English during the day and practising useful phrases that you hear in our videos or audio recordings. I hope this helps you! All the best Kirk The LearnEnglish Team

JK Baloch 提交于 周三, 03/04/2019 - 16:03

永久连接
I have been learning English since four months, almost all areas of English are difficult for me, but, mostly I have founded problem with in vocabulary and grammar.
Hello JK Baloch Keep up the good work! Have you seen our Grammar (https://learnenglish.britishcouncil.org/grammar) and Vocabulary (https://learnenglish.britishcouncil.org/vocabulary) sections? Doing these reading, listening and writing pages will also help you with your grammar and vocabulary, and be sure to ask us if you have any questions. All the best Kirk The LearnEnglish Team

cuneyt 提交于 周日, 24/03/2019 - 20:23

永久连接
Hi everybody, I should improve all skills. Sir. Could you recommend for me please? What do you think ? Which one should I start? Thanks for everyting already now. have a good night.