An end of term report

Read an end of term report to practise and improve your reading skills.

Do the preparation task first. Then read the text and do the exercises.

Reading text

Reading 20 10 15 P
Listening 20 10 8 F
Writing 20 10 14 P
Speaking 20 10 17 P
Grammar/Vocabulary 20 10 11 P
TOTAL     65 P

Comments

Well done, Javier, on all your hard work this term. You are always active in speaking activities, and this is great. I always enjoy reading your writing too; you have very good ideas. You can see from your marks that reading is not a problem for you.

Sometimes you still make small grammar mistakes, and I think you can improve your vocabulary. I recommend you review many of the language points we studied this term. There is extra language practice in your online workbook.

The area you need to work on the most is listening. I know this is difficult for you. I recommend more practice at home. Listen to English TV shows, podcasts and radio as much as possible. I can give you a list of things to listen to.

I've enjoyed working with you. Have a nice holiday, and good luck for next term!

Instructor's name: Erin Gibbs

Signed: Erin Gibbs

ANOUAR 提交于 周二, 23/11/2021 - 09:40

永久连接

I think I need to improve my communication skills in English because I find it hard to express my ideas in english when I talk to somebody so with practice and time I will be good at talking in English, I'm sure.

Luiscarza 提交于 周二, 26/10/2021 - 22:19

永久连接

Hi, I think I need to improve in all the areas, specially in listening, speaking and the vocabulary. One thing that I’ve been doing recently, is trying to read books in English, following an advice: read a book according to my English level, and I feel this strategy are successful. Obviously, I need more help.

Suraj paliwal 提交于 周六, 16/10/2021 - 13:16

永久连接

I think I'm too weak in four skills. I'm working for it. I'm doing a lot of practice about this four skills.
But I'm too weak in writing skills. Because if your writing skills is good then you find yourself to good for all.

Momocompanyman 提交于 周六, 16/10/2021 - 11:34

永久连接

My best last report is the engineer degree, I need to improve my project management skills.

LamVanPhuong 提交于 周五, 15/10/2021 - 13:28

永久连接

i think i need to improve all four skills because my report it is very bad

Levine 提交于 周一, 11/10/2021 - 12:53

永久连接

My latest report is pretty bad. I think i need to improve reading and writing skills first,

I need to practice all skills. I'm practice every day...

KATIELLE RAIAN… 提交于 周三, 14/07/2021 - 16:24

永久连接
I need better listening and speaking skills.

Veronikka 提交于 周日, 30/05/2021 - 19:34

永久连接
My last report was good in reading and writing, but I must improve my listening and speaking.

Suraj paliwal 提交于 周五, 07/05/2021 - 12:00

永久连接
My last report was about exam result. I'm too weak in statistics and Economics of Agriculture. I'm doing hard work to get happen to simple things. I'm weak in speaking and writing. When I start taking to anyone I forget myself and present situation. I'm also doing hard work for it. I think if anyone do a lot practice then you can master in anything areas. I'm doing so. I'm in home isolation and in this time I doing practice about my weaknesses.

Andrea Valencia 提交于 周日, 11/04/2021 - 20:34

永久连接
My last report was good, I need to improve my English writing and grammar, also I need to improve my listening and speaking.

Venequin 提交于 周一, 05/04/2021 - 17:54

永久连接
I need ti be Best at speaking, when I start to Talk My brain get blank and I can barely Say: "mmmm I think for me"

MikhailZatopliaev 提交于 周三, 31/03/2021 - 00:09

永久连接
O my last report was CFA is hardest report of my live. It is very big. I need to improve macroeconomic area, and now I learning this area more carefully, so interesting when you start understand many things.

TIa vinaka 提交于 周四, 18/03/2021 - 04:43

永久连接
I need to improve writing and speaking. I think reading too but still a little better that those two. I have never satisfied with all of my English skill. I'll carry out studying English till I get PR.

Rano 提交于 周一, 15/03/2021 - 11:59

永久连接
I am very weak in speake need more work. I good in listen I think that.
I didn`t have a report for a long time.

Leila77 提交于 周五, 05/02/2021 - 11:24

永久连接
I took an English course two years ago. In the report, it said that I need to improve my speaking and writing skills. I am good in listening and reading but I still have to work more. This is why I am here!

Sara Kalafat 提交于 周五, 29/01/2021 - 14:05

永久连接
The last report was for English Language to improve myself in all levels and all skills

IrinAristova 提交于 周一, 25/01/2021 - 13:46

永久连接
I need to improve in speaking and listening. I am afraid to speak English because I am afraid to make mistakes, but I'll try

German 提交于 周五, 22/01/2021 - 01:54

永久连接
My last report was good. However, I have to improve in listening skill and vocabulary.

Truongus123 提交于 周四, 14/01/2021 - 23:29

永久连接
I took an English test last month, The result wasn't bad but my teacher still wants me to practice more in the Grammar and writing area. I hope I will get better this month

abirgo 提交于 周四, 14/01/2021 - 11:51

永久连接
I took English courses last month. Although, i worked hard last term, my report wasn't good enough. I need to practice more speaking and i have to work on the writing skills to improve my marks. I hope that i can succeed in the next term

Minh 提交于 周二, 12/01/2021 - 18:40

永久连接
English is little a bit difficult for everybody, so we have only one way to practise it everyday. However, we have a good environment we will improve better, Practise make perfect. English has idioms : " The more you try, the more you succeed" I have'nt a good report last term. Now, I am trying the best, I also hope I will have a good report in the next term.

Djily 提交于 周五, 01/01/2021 - 18:21

永久连接
My last report in this term I had a good marks for one of the subjects, but I know that I'm very weak in listenig i have to work on this area, and i think I'm not good at speaking ,I also need more on this area,

Rabia Syed 提交于 周三, 30/12/2020 - 16:38

永久连接
In my last report my result is not very good. Two days Ago I have the English online course. I am very weak in write English and Especially In vocabulary. But I try to my best. One day I become a good writer in English.

Wevellyn 提交于 周日, 27/12/2020 - 11:05

永久连接
In my last report I did well, but I need to improve my pronunciation and my vocabulary. I'm doing very well with grammar, listening and reading. But my speaking and pronunciation aren't very good. However I've been working on it.

Khin Yee Mon Khaing 提交于 周五, 25/12/2020 - 04:19

永久连接
I think my last report is not good. I was weak in four skills especially writing and speaking. So, I prepare all my skills to improve more than the last time.

Frank_7 提交于 周一, 07/12/2020 - 14:26

永久连接
In my last report I did well, they just told me that I need to improve in math.

Thinthinmyoe 提交于 周一, 07/12/2020 - 13:19

永久连接
I think my last report is not very good.I'm sure l'm weak in listening and writing.I need to prictise more.

Gabrielaalfonzo 提交于 周一, 30/11/2020 - 03:05

永久连接
In my last report my results didn´t good, I need more practice in grammar and writing but is very difficult for me. I'm better in listening, speaking and reading. But, i doing better this term. i Hope.

Anhvu 提交于 周日, 29/11/2020 - 15:48

永久连接
I began styding English in more one year. I went to a English class. But, i'm still weak in listening. I think, in the future, i will be better.

Ehsan 提交于 周二, 17/11/2020 - 07:27

永久连接
I used to go to English class. My last report was 4 years ago, which was fine. but now I am learning English at home. I use various sources which one of them is your great website. I think I need to practice listening.

alexiaimogen 提交于 周一, 16/11/2020 - 10:27

永久连接
My last report was exactly on the last day, I have a report from my English Teacher. The outcome for writing is pretty good, however, the speaking was contrary. I have to practice to be more confident and less anxious.

GabrielaE 提交于 周四, 12/11/2020 - 16:20

永久连接
My last report was in here, in the British Council. I did it really bad, but right now I'm 100% that I'm doing better because I'm practicing every day watching TV, listening podcast, and I'm writing like a personal diary, for improve my writing skills. Also, I'm searching grammar tips at the internet to learn how to use the correct form of the punctuation marks. I put my computer and cellphone in English to help me too. So I need to improve mi writing, speaking, vocabulary and listening skills. Almost everything, but I'm happy. I think I'm doing it.

Ana Luisa Sanc… 提交于 周四, 05/11/2020 - 23:54

永久连接
My last report was 4 years ago in an English course, I felt that my improve was ascending in knowledge and my confidence grow up, my weakness was definitly the write. I thing this chatrooms are helpfull for me, the words cross in my mind speedly and fluent, I just need to give structure and form.

Pola 提交于 周一, 02/11/2020 - 16:44

永久连接
Unfortunately, I didn't make any report, generally, so I want to focus in this lesson to make a report like that or other, and I want to improve a writing, listening and speaking skills to help me learning the language as much as possible.

Asni 提交于 周四, 29/10/2020 - 21:16

永久连接
The last time I was asked to perform a report was two years ago. I think it is a bit tricky to write a concise report. There are lots of things to take into account; style, structure, simplicity....I'm a bit confused about the second part of the question... Anyway, if it is about the areas I need to improve in English then my answer will be listening, it is my big weakness. I've been watching TV shows and listening to podcasts lately, I noticed a slight improvement but I still need more practice. I think it will take me a while before a feel comfortable listening and understanding what a native speaker says.

Ruby 提交于 周六, 17/10/2020 - 08:34

永久连接
No one gave me any report about English a long time, but in my opinion I have to improve my vocabulary and of course regularity of my lessons
Yes, my last report is similar to this. While my speaking skill seems always meeting the pass mark line. I think I should try harder to improve my fluency both in speaking and writing.

Moon Wathan 提交于 周二, 13/10/2020 - 10:38

永久连接
I need to improve all 4 skills especially in listening and speaking. I feel nervous to speak in English. That's why I try to speak more and more. After that I want to be the best in grammar to write reports or essays.

habibao.medo 提交于 周日, 11/10/2020 - 10:25

永久连接
i need to improve my 4 skills i don't think that i have reached the level i want also my vocabulary and my grammar

Lilly098 提交于 周四, 08/10/2020 - 23:39

永久连接
I think my speaking skill need to be improved. I believe my reading, listening, and writing is not that bad. When it comes to speaking, I tend to forget some vocabulary and which makes me super nervous. These days, I have started studying speaking material on this very helpful British Council website. Thanks to the high quality contents, I am getting confident to speak up.
I can read and write alon but i can't speak alone because i dont have partner so my speaking is weak.

anwarrasool 提交于 周六, 19/09/2020 - 08:21

永久连接
I would appreciate to BC team for such a nice, simple, and to the point writing style. I always have problems writing small reports like this. The key problem is how you start and which area to discuss first and how to continue the rhythm so report users can understand and keep interested to read my report till the end.

Hello anwarrasool,

Simple and to-the-point writing takes practice. We're working on a new email-writing course that will be available in some months to our subscribers. Once it is available, I'm sure we will announce it on the homepage and in our newsletter, so please be sure to keep an eye on those spaces.

HeinHtetKyaw 提交于 周六, 12/09/2020 - 23:23

永久连接
Hello dear team, first of all, I really appreciate you I am improving English more and more by this site I recommended you to do more less.

casssioesousa 提交于 周六, 12/09/2020 - 14:51

永久连接
I have difficult with the listening skills

Roblox 提交于 周日, 06/09/2020 - 16:07

永久连接
I was bad at grammar. I think I have to work more on vocabulary.