A flyer for a gym

Read a flyer promoting a new gym to practise and improve your reading skills.

Do the preparation task first. Then read the text and do the exercises.

Reading text

Best Body Fitness

About us

You don't want just a gym membership. You want a membership that means something. And that means you need support, expert help and a community.

Best Body Fitness isn't just a gym: it's a full-service fitness membership made for you.

Here's how it works:

STEP ONE: Your assessment

We begin with an assessment session. This is a chance for you to see what we do at Best Body. Our assessment plans are no-cost and no-risk. We'll also make a training plan specifically for you.

STEP TWO: Your training

When you decide to become a Best Body member, we show you what to do, how to do it and why you are doing it. After a few sessions with an expert private trainer you will feel comfortable working out on your own. But don't worry, we'll always be nearby if you have questions.

STEP THREE: Your membership

Membership works on a month-to-month basis. There are no sign-up fees and no cancellation fees. Start and stop whenever you want. And the best part? Our fees are the most competitive in the whole downtown area.

STEP FOUR: Your community

At Best Body Fitness, we see everyone as part of a big team. And when you work with a team, you can do great things. Join any of our specialised classes, led by expert instructors. Come to our nutrition classes. Participate in our regular social events. Everything is included in your fee.

Finally, we wanted to share with you some reasons why our members say that they have chosen us over any other fitness centre in the city.

It's so EASY

• Easy to start, stop, cancel or refund a membership
  • Easy to access – we're open 24/7, we never close
  • Easy to do exercise – we have lots of equipment, no long wait
  • Easy results – our trainers and equipment give you success, fast
  • Easy to find – in the centre of town, near public transport and with parking

It's WONDERFUL

• Wonderful members
  • Wonderful trainers and staff
  • Wonderful equipment
  • Wonderful energy
  • Wonderful location

Come and visit us for a personal tour!

Stela Stoycheva 提交于 周二, 16/11/2021 - 21:50

永久连接

I would like to be clean and smell nice and maybe training, nutrition classes which are included in monthly fee.

thakkar.ruchi01 提交于 周五, 05/11/2021 - 11:43

永久连接

Firstly gym offers assessment plans at no cost with a training plan, which is the most important step before starting the gym. Secondly, the membership includes sessions from expert private trainers, specialized classes, and nutrition classes. And lastly, it is open 24/7 and has no cancellation charges for ending a membership.

LamVanPhuong 提交于 周一, 01/11/2021 - 13:47

永久连接

in a best gym is must be have the modern equipments and nice staff.

Momocompanyman 提交于 周一, 25/10/2021 - 11:41

Hello ,
I can't see the opening time in the flyer Best body fitness regarding the question below:
7. The gym is open at 4 o'clock in the morning.
Best wishes.

Hi Momocompanyman,

In the 'It's so EASY' section, it says 'we're open 24/7, we never close'. So, the gym is open at that time.

Best wishes to you as well :)

Jonathan

Hi dmk.od and all,

I just wanted to explain more to try to help you see why the correct answer is true :)

These two sentences do not mean the same thing:
1. The gym OPENS at 4 o'clock.
2. The gym IS OPEN at 4 o'clock.

Sentence 1 means the gym STARTS to be open at that time. It means that before 4 o'clock, it is closed.

Sentence 2 is a state, not an action. It means that at 4 o'clock, the gym is open, not closed. But it doesn't mean that it STARTED to be open at 4 o'clock. It does not tell us what time the gym started to be open.

To put it another way, for example, if a shop OPENS at 9:00 (i.e., it starts doing business at that time), then it IS OPEN at 9:01, 9:02, 10:00 and every moment until the closing time.

So when question 7 says "The gym is open at 4 o'clock", it is indeed true (because the poster says "we're open 24/7, we never close"). The question is asking whether at that time, the gym is open or closed. It's not asking about the opening time.

I hope that helps.

Jonathan

Momocompanyman 提交于 周一, 25/10/2021 - 11:38

永久连接

I like equipment and meet members to work out together.

Dolka 提交于 周三, 20/10/2021 - 17:02

永久连接

What I like most about a gym is that it offers people convenient terms for working out in any weather condition for a reasonable fee.

Suraj paliwal 提交于 周日, 17/10/2021 - 06:58

永久连接

The gym should open 24/7. It's have a good instructor. Not wait in the gym. Have nutrition plan.

zain 提交于 周二, 12/10/2021 - 11:26

永久连接

I would prefer 24/7 gyms because I can access it any time! And I'll not be thinking that there is a closing time and I'm in a hurry to finish my studies and go the gym.

KATIELLE RAIAN… 提交于 周二, 27/07/2021 - 19:22

永久连接
What do you like most about a gym? I love the gym atmosphere, but what I like the most is the post-workout feel.
The most I like at the gym is leg machines and exercise. As a volleyball player jumping is so important and obviously these parts of the body need training. Once you start to see the result, you consider the effort are worth.

uncle choi 提交于 周三, 14/07/2021 - 13:24

永久连接
Thanks. I understand. At first, I misunderstood that sentence means the gym' opening time. Thanks for your kind answer.

uncle choi 提交于 周一, 12/07/2021 - 04:13

永久连接
Let's me ask a question because you told you were lazy. At the task 1, I don't know why no.7 is True. I can't find any information in the text to realize that the gym open from 4 o'clock.

Hello uncle choi,

I hope no-one has told you that you are lazy!

The questions does not say that the gym is open from 4, but is open at 4.

In the text it states that the gym is open 24/7 (24 hours per day, 7 days per week), which means that it never closes. Therefore it must be open at 4.

Pann Nilar Htun 提交于 周五, 02/07/2021 - 11:01

永久连接
I am a house wife. I am also full time worker. So, I did not have time to go to the gym. However, if I feel tired and stress, I do some yoga exercise. On the other hand, I have a small garden with nearly a hundred of rose and orchid plants. I am always busy but feel cool for gardening. After I retire from work, I want to go to the gym.

Marilyncc 提交于 周四, 01/07/2021 - 03:37

永久连接
I would like most in the gym is the quick disponibility of the equipments as I wouldn't stay long wait to get one. Another important thing is the leading by an expert in order not to get lost

GiulianaAndy 提交于 周六, 19/06/2021 - 19:46

永久连接
I would like most in a gym the equipment that it has, and also the dance room I wish I could danced well, but is for that reason I would like the dance room of the gym. If I learn how to dance I will be glad.

Khin Yee Mon Khaing 提交于 周三, 16/06/2021 - 13:18

永久连接
Actually,I have not been to gym.So I don't know anything. But I knew about gym because of you.I wanna go to the gym at least one time ome day.

AnnaWhi 提交于 周四, 27/05/2021 - 17:16

永久连接
I tried a year ago to go to the gym. I picked the one that was near my dormitory. I visited it only 6 or 8 times over the month. I was a little bit anxious about exercising with other people, so I visited it only when I was with a friend. I want to go to the gym in the future and exercise with a help of an instructor. but for now I need to find a job to pay for it

Homam21 提交于 周二, 25/05/2021 - 10:58

永久连接
Actually, I prefer to do outdoor exercises. I feel bored at the gym, so I go walking every evening.

Suraj paliwal 提交于 周二, 11/05/2021 - 03:17

永久连接
I don't need to go to gym because I am healthy and strong. I work exercise in home. In this time I am stay in home because of covid. All shops, malls, gyms are closed except essential commodities.

MikhailZatopliaev 提交于 周二, 20/04/2021 - 23:52

永久连接
Two month ago I was visiting gym for 3 month. I lost 5 kg, and became stronger, I work like workout in gym, you know? Work with my weight, pull-up, push-up etc.

Paula Bermúdez… 提交于 周四, 15/04/2021 - 00:58

永久连接
I haven't ever been to a gym, however, I consider that these places help us to learn how to do a correct workout and they motivate us to get our goals. Also, the gym has a lot of machines and that's incredible because we can't find these tools in our houses.

lyn38082 提交于 周三, 14/04/2021 - 04:42

永久连接
I have not joined any gyms but I think it will be enjoyable time

AYLIN SC 提交于 周三, 07/04/2021 - 04:19

永久连接
I was only for one day but i think enjoy more make my workout in my home, because i feel more comfortable

desouza 提交于 周六, 03/04/2021 - 21:34

永久连接
I went to gym once. I had a lot of weight . I worked with the special instructer but it did not help. I decided to go a dietitian. I was very satisfied by the result. İnsipite of the fact, I was not go to the gym, I loss a lot of wait. But my body needed to still some shape and I went to plates . it's been years and I am still fit. I owned pilates and healty foods.

Aliya848 提交于 周五, 02/04/2021 - 14:28

永久连接
I went to the gym a few years ago. I was fat and I wanted to lose weight. I did sport with instructor and she controlled my success. She teached me to do exercices. In my opinion gym takes confidence to the people. That's why I love gym. Now I do sport at home but my confidence still with me.

Mathew 提交于 周一, 29/03/2021 - 14:48

永久连接
Well, I think I would like an instructor who's really kind and not too strict. For example, one who doesn't push me too hard until at a point where I can't take it any longer.

Frank Cuello 提交于 周三, 24/03/2021 - 21:14

永久连接
The most valuable thing for me in a gym are good instructors. When you receive positive feedback and orientation in your training, it gives you motivation to come again at the gym.
I don`t like gyms at all. I prefer to do outdoor exercise, but if I don't have another option I prefer the classes of pilates, cardio, spinning, etc.

Enas Almzoghi 提交于 周四, 11/03/2021 - 22:51

永久连接
What I would like most are yoga and nutrition.
I would like to have a good instructor in the gym who will always motivate me to achieve my goal.

Hi Eman Abobakr,

Compare these two sentences. They have different meanings.

1. The gym is open at 4 o'clock in the morning.
  2. The gym opens at 4 o'clock in the morning.

Sentence 1 means that at 4 o'clock, the gym is open, i.e. it has the state of being open (not closed). It doesn't mean that the gym started to be open at 4 o'clock.

Sentence 2 means the action of opening the gym, i.e. the gym starts to be open (for example, they open the doors, and the gym users can enter. Sentence 1 doesn't mean that).

So, sentence 1 is true because the gym is open 24/7, as you pointed out. (But, sentence 2 would be false.)

Does that make sense?

Jonathan

Maria Andrea 提交于 周三, 24/02/2021 - 19:28

永久连接
I would like to go to the gym for the yoga session.

Yusra Mahadi 提交于 周四, 18/02/2021 - 19:56

永久连接
I would like most is nutrition class because I need to know more about how I can eat healthy and to maintain the loss of weight I get .

Abrarhussain 提交于 周六, 13/02/2021 - 00:05

永久连接
I would most like an assessment session in a gym with an expert fitness instructor. Through an expert instructor I can improve my body health and fitness.

Alessandro893 提交于 周四, 11/02/2021 - 22:56

永久连接
I like specially daily Fitness Clases and the assesment to start.

German 提交于 周三, 10/02/2021 - 02:29

永久连接
I like the most in a gym is the space to do exersice and the posibility of do many exercises.

mohamad90 提交于 周一, 08/02/2021 - 14:20

永久连接
I prefer to practise in a gym with great facilities like pool, fitness equipment, football field .etc. So I think the best way for absorb people to the gym is images that show this facilities.

Diana Vania 提交于 周五, 05/02/2021 - 00:21

永久连接
What i like the most in a gym is that i get motivated when i see people around working out and the activities i enjoy the most are weightlifting, zumba and yoga classes.