A flyer for a gym

Read a flyer promoting a new gym to practise and improve your reading skills.

Do the preparation task first. Then read the text and do the exercises.

Reading text

Best Body Fitness

About us

You don't want just a gym membership. You want a membership that means something. And that means you need support, expert help and a community.

Best Body Fitness isn't just a gym: it's a full-service fitness membership made for you.

Here's how it works:

STEP ONE: Your assessment

We begin with an assessment session. This is a chance for you to see what we do at Best Body. Our assessment plans are no-cost and no-risk. We'll also make a training plan specifically for you.

STEP TWO: Your training

When you decide to become a Best Body member, we show you what to do, how to do it and why you are doing it. After a few sessions with an expert private trainer you will feel comfortable working out on your own. But don't worry, we'll always be nearby if you have questions.

STEP THREE: Your membership

Membership works on a month-to-month basis. There are no sign-up fees and no cancellation fees. Start and stop whenever you want. And the best part? Our fees are the most competitive in the whole downtown area.

STEP FOUR: Your community

At Best Body Fitness, we see everyone as part of a big team. And when you work with a team, you can do great things. Join any of our specialised classes, led by expert instructors. Come to our nutrition classes. Participate in our regular social events. Everything is included in your fee.

Finally, we wanted to share with you some reasons why our members say that they have chosen us over any other fitness centre in the city.

It's so EASY

• Easy to start, stop, cancel or refund a membership
  • Easy to access – we're open 24/7, we never close
  • Easy to do exercise – we have lots of equipment, no long wait
  • Easy results – our trainers and equipment give you success, fast
  • Easy to find – in the centre of town, near public transport and with parking

It's WONDERFUL

• Wonderful members
  • Wonderful trainers and staff
  • Wonderful equipment
  • Wonderful energy
  • Wonderful location

Come and visit us for a personal tour!

Do you need to improve your English reading skills?

B1 English level (intermediate)

Barchio 提交于 周四, 13/02/2020 - 11:36

永久连接
I love go to the gym or do any kind of workout.It's very benificial on both physical and mental sides.

shahhoseini 提交于 周一, 10/02/2020 - 15:22

永久连接
Unfortunately, own to my business, I rarely go to the gym and but if I have time I prefer having been walking or cycling.

Maksim 提交于 周一, 27/01/2020 - 18:12

永久连接
I'd really like to gain weight! I'm too thin for my height. I need to do basic exercises with weights and have a special diet.

czeska 提交于 周一, 27/01/2020 - 00:55

永久连接
I just use the gym once a week on weekdays. I decided to increase the days which go to the gym because I feel I need to improve my muscles these days.

Chewlim 提交于 周二, 14/01/2020 - 21:32

永久连接
I like specialised sessions the most in the gym, since it is more motivated than free exercises, such as Yoga, Pilates and dancing. Whereas, I do lift the most to shape my body, which works very well.

omarsupreme47 提交于 周三, 08/01/2020 - 07:39

永久连接
I started playing gym when I was 15 when I go to gym I would lift more weight which caused several problem like pelvic tilt Nerd neck and terrible posture now I'm 17 I don't recommend people under 18 to play gym
Profile picture for user mtalebi

mtalebi 提交于 周二, 07/01/2020 - 07:35

永久连接
I only attended two month in a gym. Some exercises and nutrition are dangerous and they may hurt our body. I ran more on treadmill.

Pablo88 提交于 周五, 03/01/2020 - 17:09

永久连接
I’d like most in a gym the sequent items: - practice exercise in a wide and clean area; - motivational work out music; - a lot of fitness machine to avoid standby time; - professional trainers; - must have a easy parking to avoid stress before physical activities.

Marta Lucia 提交于 周二, 31/12/2019 - 01:45

永久连接
I have to confess that I haven’t done exercise in my life, nevertheless, I am slim and healthy. When I see people in the GYM, I think that they should do the sport outdoors because the oxygen is better outside.
Profile picture for user Rafaela1

Rafaela1 提交于 周六, 28/12/2019 - 13:18

I like stretching and exercise like aerobics. .‹‹\(´ω` )/››

Fikymaulana 提交于 周六, 28/12/2019 - 08:13

永久连接
I don't really like to go to the gym. Because, I feel bored when I workout indoor. I like to jogging and cycling in the morning. But my favorite is swimming. I find that swimming is not only for physic exercise but also for theraphy to reduce my lowback pain.
Profile picture for user Dieudonné

Dieudonné 提交于 周日, 15/12/2019 - 18:15

永久连接
What I like in a gym is the equipment, I like a variable and sufficient equipment that can allow every member to practice his excise. Sometimes in the gym where I work out, It lacks conveyor belts so I have to wait a moment before beginning my exercise that made me lose a precious time.

Tajbibi Shamim 提交于 周五, 29/11/2019 - 20:43

永久连接
Lots of parking Bus route available Near city centre Easy access is very important for full time working person.

Maksmatt 提交于 周六, 23/11/2019 - 19:40

永久连接
I would like best sauna, if there are one. I prefer to train outside.

Ali Hussein 提交于 周二, 19/11/2019 - 21:58

永久连接
I like to have personal trainer that help me train without exhausting me

ghyda'a sammour 提交于 周三, 16/10/2019 - 00:17

I like it's open 24/7 and fees is coverage all services

Mehdi.e 提交于 周一, 14/10/2019 - 11:24

永久连接
I like training in a privacy gym and with a personal trainer.
Profile picture for user stivenei

stivenei 提交于 周日, 13/10/2019 - 14:58

永久连接
I think the question 7 in task 1 is the wrong answer. As I read in the text: "Easy to access – we're open 24/7, we never close.". Then the answer must be false?

Hello stivenei

The correct answer is True because if the gym is open 24/7, that means it never closes. So at 4 a.m. it is open.

All the best

Nebulasa36 提交于 周二, 01/10/2019 - 19:11

永久连接
What I like the must about gyms is having training plan for me, also the availability of various equipment
Profile picture for user KhanhHuyenwicked

KhanhHuyenwicked 提交于 周二, 24/09/2019 - 12:15

永久连接
i'd like to workout at gym because at there i can practice by my own and i also practice with my instructor trainer

Oussema3ahmed 提交于 周一, 23/09/2019 - 04:41

永久连接
I'm a fitness instructor so the gym is my life . I spend almost my time in gym training andď working . I really enjoy training each muscle of my body but my best day when i have cardio i really relished.

lore 提交于 周五, 20/09/2019 - 04:14

永久连接
I like workout in the gym because I have trainer particular that help me with my excercise routine and I can achieve goal daily.
Profile picture for user mehrazin

mehrazin 提交于 周四, 19/09/2019 - 15:28

永久连接
Hi i have membership at one of the best gyms nearby my house but the variety of the options have been offered at the gym in the text are absoloutly unique and so wonderful. I work pilatus but i sometimes prefer to use TRX sport equipments as a suitable exercise that my body needs.At my former gym liked participating in social events and tourism planning.

Reon 提交于 周一, 09/09/2019 - 02:52

永久连接
I use a gym in my university. The students can use it free and there are various enough equipments. So many students often use it include me. I always use a treadmill to exercise but these days I have noticed that running outside is better and more fun. The gym is convenient when I want to run even a rainy day.

cittàutopica 提交于 周四, 05/09/2019 - 17:37

永久连接
I joined the gym five years ago and I'm very satisfied. I work out from monday to wednesday: on even days I work out with a capable instructor and I'm a part of a pleasant group of women; on odd days I work out alone, but, if I need support, there's always an instructor for help.

baxolupe 提交于 周四, 05/09/2019 - 12:34

永久连接
I like the oppurtunity to work out my different muscle with machines. The gym makes me feel good. I'm leaving the house.

Coralko 提交于 周日, 01/09/2019 - 05:07

永久连接
For the question No-7, is it correct to write as the gym is open? I always thought it should be written in passive form, as the gym is opened.

Hello Coralko,

'The gym is open' is quite correct. In this sentence the word 'open' is an adjective.

The sentence 'The gym is opened' is also correct, but it has a different meaning. Here, 'opened' is a passive verb form and it tells us that someone has gone to the gym and opened it. In other words, this sentence describes a person's action, not just the fact of the gym being open.

Well noted and thank you very much for your kind explanation, Peter.

Hello baxolupe,

Please take a look at my answer to Coralko's question below. It is perfectly fine to say 'The gym is open'.

raalatifah 提交于 周日, 18/08/2019 - 03:12

永久连接
what i like the most in a gym is, having my trainer nearby. because trainer will help you to choose what kind of exercise that suit my body needs

popo1011 提交于 周六, 17/08/2019 - 07:59

永久连接
In question 7, I really confused but I understand with your descriptions.

linamar2893 提交于 周三, 31/07/2019 - 01:34

永久连接
In my opinion what I like the most in any gym, is having a trainer nearby. The reasons why are: First of all, if you go to a gym and pay to have a trainer available, is because you are not an expert. So you will probably need some support to help you through the process of exercising your body. On the other side, if by any chance you get an injurie, they will also help you out giving you an expert opinion. You are not going to be alone out there. Someone else is going to support you to achieve your goals and get that summer body of your dreams.

Sarooii 提交于 周日, 07/07/2019 - 02:30

永久连接
In the first task question 7, it says that the gym open at 4 o'clock in the morning but in the flyer it's mentioned that the gym open 24/7never close . I choose the answer false but it consider it wrong.

Hello Sarooii

There is a difference between these two sentences:

1. The gym is open at 4 a.m. ('is' = verb, 'open' = adjective)
  2. The gym opens at 4 a.m. ('opens' = verb)

The first one means that at 4 a.m., you will find the gym open if you go there. As you say, this particular gym is open all day every day.

The second one means that you can go in the gym starting at 4 a.m., which is the time people start working there.

Does that help you understand it?

All the best

Assel 提交于 周五, 05/07/2019 - 01:17

永久连接
I am planning to attend gym classes. It will be very helpful if somebody assess my physical abilities. Also I wish I will regulate my nutrıtıon after joınıng to a gym. I most would like swimming classes and yoga.

Praveen kumar 提交于 周二, 11/06/2019 - 05:12

永久连接
I do exerise like push ups and sit ups I love to do these thing every day.