Business cards

Listen to four people talk about their jobs to practise and improve your listening skills.

Do the preparation task first. Then listen to the audio and do the exercises.

A

A: Hello, Doctor Miller. It's nice to meet you.

B: Please call me Peter.

A: OK. Are you a medical doctor? It must be helpful when you sell medical equipment.

B: Actually, no. My doctorate was in electronic engineering, but it's still helpful for me when I sell our equipment.

B

Good morning, everyone. I'm happy to be here today to tell you about our new project. My name is Alessandro Rossi. I'm the project leader on the Starlight programming project.

C

Pleased to meet you. Here's my card. My real name is Megumi Tanaka, but people who are not from my country think it's difficult to say my name, so I use another name, Meg, when I'm working internationally.

D

Hello, everyone. My name's Andres Mulligan. I'm very happy to be joining this team for the next few months and learning more about research and development.

Reading text

DX Medical Equipment Ltd
Dr Peter Miller
Sales Director

*Space10 Designs*
Alessandro Rossi
Lead Programmer

Global Engineering Consults
Megumi Tanaka
Product Manager

MaXtin Ltd
Andres Mulligan Jr
Intern, R&D team
Do you need to improve your English listening skills?

A1 English level (elementary)

jonon 提交于 周日, 05/07/2020 - 17:22

永久连接
in my country business cards incluide the information about the business person

7Elhoussaine A. 提交于 周五, 03/07/2020 - 15:09

永久连接
In my country, business cards include the informations about the person; his name, his position in the company and also the company name and their website.
hello I think modern business card have a general informations about company. Important is name of a person his position, company name and website which provide to details about company
Profile picture for user Onur

Onur 提交于 周二, 30/06/2020 - 19:11

永久连接
The people who have a job in my country Turkey, have their name, surname, position in the company, the name of the company, the address of the company, phone number, cellphone number, personal e-mail address and web site of the company on their business cards.

Ronake 提交于 周六, 27/06/2020 - 22:01

永久连接
In my country, a simple business card include these personal information; Name, Surname, the name of the company, the job position, phone number, and email address.

joshnamep 提交于 周日, 21/06/2020 - 17:00

永久连接
I am not sure but according to some business cards I have seen before in Vietnam. I can say that there are some below: address of the office some icon of their field company name telephone number and cellphone number email address and so on....

Esperance15 提交于 周五, 19/06/2020 - 21:50

永久连接
In general business card as the information below: company name Surname and name of the person His position to the company Office Telephone number/ cellphone number Email adress
Profile picture for user Rafaela1

Rafaela1 提交于 周五, 19/06/2020 - 14:55

永久连接
Recently I see some business cards with a face picture with the name.

hangnt5 提交于 周五, 19/06/2020 - 09:48

永久连接
Hi everyone, in my country, the business cards are containing Name of person, job title, the company name, address, phone number, email to connect with them.

Ragdaalamin 提交于 周五, 19/06/2020 - 00:25

永久连接
hello in my country business card contain their job and address phone number and email to conect with them
Profile picture for user Hennadii

Hennadii 提交于 周三, 17/06/2020 - 16:47

永久连接
I guess it's business cards are the same in all countries. We use business cards to introduce ourselves, creating new business connections. So you have to share your name, phone number, e-mail, company's name and job title.

MUHAMMAD YOUNUS 提交于 周二, 16/06/2020 - 06:38

永久连接
Hello everyone, this is Muhammad Younus, I am from Pakistan. Here People have a lot of information on their business cards like contact number, email address, name, company's name, and what services they provide. Thanks
Profile picture for user Basar Huzni

Basar Huzni 提交于 周一, 08/06/2020 - 15:31

永久连接
Hello, everyone. I'm from Iraq. usually, In my country the business cards are containing Name of person, Phone number, Email address, company address and anything helpful to the people to contact. In general, Unfortunately In my country more than people don't have a business cards.
Actually, there will be a personal name, the position, company's name and address, also phone number be printed.

Asni 提交于 周四, 04/06/2020 - 21:32

永久连接
In my country, on a business card you may find the logo and name of the company, its phone number, address and e-mail as well. Besides, it may have the product or service provided by the company described in a few words, usually two or three words. And of course the function or job of the employee who uses the business card.

mohammaed hamidi 提交于 周二, 02/06/2020 - 21:47

永久连接
hello guys i am search a person to speak with him/her to improve my langauge thank you

Mamta Gusain 提交于 周六, 30/05/2020 - 15:23

永久连接
people have a lot of information in their business card which lets customers know about them. it contains Full name, their firm name, qualification/specialization, years of experience, contact details e.g. email address, website address and phone number and address.

Rafa 提交于 周三, 27/05/2020 - 19:51

永久连接
Hi everyone!!. In my country, usually , in our bussines cards must to have the firts name , the famille name , your profesional dégrée , the company name , the website, phone number , email and addres company

amal.araia 提交于 周三, 27/05/2020 - 17:12

永久连接
Business cards in my country shows a full name, passion, name of compan, kinds of services and brands of equipments that they provide, phone, adress, e-mail, web site, and work hours.
Profile picture for user Santiago Perez

Santiago Perez 提交于 周二, 26/05/2020 - 01:09

永久连接
Hi! In Latin American Countries all providers of services and profesionals use bussines cards, in it show name and surname, professional degree, name of company, kinds of services and brands of equipments that they provide, phone, adress, e-mail, and web site and others data.
Profile picture for user Ivanox76

Ivanox76 提交于 周五, 22/05/2020 - 07:53

永久连接
Good day for everyone! On my business a lot of people show in their cards information about their skills and their experience, and also they show their profession degree.

Milena1 提交于 周三, 13/05/2020 - 23:02

永久连接
In my profession it is not common to use a business card because I am a teacher, but in the country, many people, both professionals and technical service providers, mechanics and business managers use them. They usually contain name, surname, email, telephone number, the name of the company and / or service it provides.

c.lopes23 提交于 周三, 13/05/2020 - 19:16

永久连接
In my country the cards have a name, professionally, email address and mobile number,

joanna-liu 提交于 周一, 11/05/2020 - 09:44

永久连接
In my country, Business cards have name\ position\phone number\email and wechat number, the other side of card have companys'logo and companys' address.
Profile picture for user ILYES

ILYES 提交于 周日, 10/05/2020 - 16:15

永久连接
I find in the business card the name of the shop owner and his phone number . name of the shop and his profection . time of work

Tarek Imam 提交于 周六, 09/05/2020 - 13:26

永久连接
In my company our business card includes the name,the mobile number, the position, email and the Adress for the company

Hello from Russia 提交于 周二, 05/05/2020 - 13:07

永久连接
In my company is usually a logo, the name of the company, a full name, a position, a phone number, a mobile phone number, email, skype, and address.

Fatemeh.Najafzadeh 提交于 周一, 04/05/2020 - 02:18

永久连接
In my country, a business card has informations including full name, education degree, profession, the name of company, phone number، email address and at the end company’s address and website.

DANIELAE 提交于 周五, 01/05/2020 - 00:16

永久连接
It's usually to find business cards with the Company's name, entrepreneur's name, his Number phone, address and proffession.

Cristhopher 提交于 周四, 30/04/2020 - 05:18

永久连接
Hello. In my country, it is very common for the business cards to include a logo and name of the company, the full name of the person, position in the company, physical address, contact numbers, email and some also includes the website address.

mrelvinaliyev 提交于 周二, 28/04/2020 - 16:02

永久连接
Also busines card contains logo for company in our country

mrelvinaliyev 提交于 周二, 28/04/2020 - 15:57

永久连接
In our country most people's business card contains name, surname,emal,phone number for contact and company name which they worked or working.

konatenasty 提交于 周二, 28/04/2020 - 14:28

永久连接
On most business cards, there is the logo of the compagny, the full name of the employee,the position they occupy,the adress of the office, telephone number ,fax, an email.

Youssef Karfouh 提交于 周一, 27/04/2020 - 15:00

永久连接
in my country the business card must contain : full name , logo of the company , name of the post , the date of joining the compnay .

Titi 提交于 周日, 26/04/2020 - 21:47

永久连接
It's an interesting question, well in all fairness i think i would have to say that it really depends on a person what exactly to put on his business card, OK to be more direct some information which can be found on business cards in my country are : the identification of person, the logo of his campany, his occupation, his contacts emailadress and his picture just above of his business card.

miroslaw_kaw 提交于 周四, 23/04/2020 - 23:18

永久连接
In my country most people on their business card have logo, full name, the position they occupy at work, phone number and email address. Some people have their photos on it.

Mustapha 提交于 周三, 22/04/2020 - 12:21

永久连接
Here, my business card contains the full name, grade and society

Emirito 提交于 周二, 21/04/2020 - 15:24

永久连接
Normally, people put in its card the academic grade, name, position in the company, department, email address, phone and fax. Finally, in the bottom side, the company address and website

Ronald729 提交于 周日, 19/04/2020 - 17:49

永久连接
In my countries, business card must be have company name, full name ,moblie phone no ,postsition and email address, some guys will show their degree behind the business card.

mahyoub alobaidy 提交于 周六, 18/04/2020 - 14:27

永久连接
in my country business card must be contian some information as below name comany and product position and name person whow contact with name firm and logo for company website and email address for company and person.

Ronake 提交于 周六, 18/04/2020 - 00:51

永久连接
In my county Bussines cards must have these information; Name of the company, their logo, email address, number contact, names of the person who you can contact, and information abou service or product that they are offering.

Aisha Mohammed… 提交于 周四, 16/04/2020 - 20:25

永久连接
I'm not see business card before it

Swapnil 提交于 周四, 16/04/2020 - 19:59

永久连接
Business card in my country contain Name of person, his post, mail id and contact Name of firm, logo, website, mail id, office contacts

Leonardo_barcelona 提交于 周三, 15/04/2020 - 00:39

永久连接
In my country, the same that in England (that means name, position in the company, name of the company) plus phone number and email.

SHELJA 提交于 周日, 12/04/2020 - 13:26

永久连接
In my country, Business cards must have information is Company name, logo, website address, email address, contact number and name of contact person.

himawari 提交于 周六, 11/04/2020 - 10:20

永久连接
In my country, people usually have their names, companies, phone numbers, emails and maybe some quotes on their business card

Minerva 提交于 周五, 10/04/2020 - 01:49

永久连接
In my country the business card usually has academic degree, full name, the logo of the company , name of the company, telephone number at the office and personal number, the email

Emily Mellor 提交于 周三, 08/04/2020 - 12:34

永久连接
In my country, the business card contains full name, company, contact number, address, email

Aya Sayed 提交于 周日, 05/04/2020 - 19:10

永久连接
In my country , the business card contains the full name, a dress, phone number and nationality .